Igor Vovchanchyn would have destroyed Stipe

Stipe just existing and breathing infuriates fedor fanboys it’s crazy

They’ve become worse than Conor fans whining about khabib
I have no dog in the fight, but objectively Conor has 10 whining haters to every one fan on here. At least.

Igor is one of my all time favorites and a legendary fighter but he is from a different era.

Igor imo is the uncrowned king of nhb and was one of the if not the very best fighter around the year 2000 but he never evolved and the game caught up on him.

Even during his Pride run he was beaten by opponents Who wouldnt do great in todays mma landscape. Stipe is the far superior atlete with more rounded and polished skills and better cardio. Very few of Igor's era would have been able to beat Stipe and i certainly dont think Igor would have been one of them

With modern training techniques, Igor wins.

However due to the fact that Stipe has the benefit of approximately 20 yrs of MMA evolution (for lack of a better term) it would be interesting to watch, but Stipe would win.

Igor would have been a hard hitting 185 pounder in today's MMA. Dude was insane in NHB rules.

"can't replicate that" Mini stroke? Not sure what that means in adult English, so I can't really weigh in.

If you were going to pull off the language snob act, you should have targeted the double negative in the sentence. But if you're truly confused by "can't replicate that", l e t m e s p e l l i t o u t f o r y o u...
1. "Igor was flummoxed by Tra Telligman's jab and cardio"
2. Stipe is not only a better fighter than Tra Telligman in general, he also known specifically for having a very good jab and very good cardio too.
3. Therefore Stipe should be able to copy (i.e. replicate) Tra's strategy and win as well.​

ConfusedSoulfulAracari-size_restricted.gif

Different era. It's really hard to say how he would have done.

Igor would have been a hard hitting 185 pounder in today's MMA. Dude was insane in NHB rules.

Back when MMA was more pure, in a sense. No real time limits, no gloves, fewer restrictions. Guys usually fought much more often. Granted Pancrase had a weird rule set and it wasn't quite anything goes, but those guys fought like 10-12 times a year in the early days.

Last edited:
Ladies and gentlemen this thread is my proof that some mods are biased on here! Just the other day I made a thread about JDS vs Fedor and both are active fighter, it was moved to fantasy section right away!
not in the same org and one of them is likely retired.

Good call by the mods imo.

Igor is a very small man. Stipe is actually taller than Kerr

I have a freaking Vovchanchyn AV. But Igor was flummoxed by Tra Telligman's jab and cardio. If you don't think the best fighter in HW history alongside Fedor can't replicate that then you're delusional.
Losing due to cardio by a man who doesnt have his right lung and pectoral must be hard...

Anyway, Igor was great for his time... Trying to fantasy match two dudes from different times/rulesets is quite nonsense btw...

I don't know about Igor, he was a small dude. He would have the speed but still, I think he's way too small.

If you want a non-Fedor fighter that would beat Stipe look no further than Crocop.

I can't imagine a scenario where Prime Stipe beats Prime Crocop.

I feel like they are so far apart ability wise it's crazy. I've never seen Stipe do anything remotely good as Crocop.

Just watch a Stipe and then a Crocop highlight.... it's like they're different species.

This is not a fuck Stipe go Crocop type thing, they're actually good friends and both Croation and everything. Stipe is a cool dude. It's just an observation, I feel Stipe is not even close.

Last edited:
That's quite selective. Igor also lost vs Herring, Rampage, Coleman and Overeem. None of them can be compared to Stipe. That said, I love Igor but I doubt he'd do well against Stipe.

I don't think he'd beat Stipe but he might have beat some of those other guys who beat him if he wasn't already 50 fights into his career by that time with with mounting injuries including the hand injuries that forced him to retire.

No one's putting on their best performances that deep into a career.

Back