Media Ilia Topuria says that he has a date for UFC Spain 🇪🇸

If Ilia fights Max, who would win?

• Total voters
Ilia is not gonna KO Max and that's his best shot at winning.

Ilia is elite but you need pin point accuracy, spacing, elite gas tank and speed to beat Max. Volks the only one to have all that

Dec likely will be Vegas but I just dont see Conor getting two fights this year. UFC is gonna string that last fight out till they have a new tv deal signed sometime next year. I dont see Conor resigning so they'd be dumb to let him complete his contract this year and leave before they've locked in a new tv deal.
That's a good point. I was aware that he has 2 fights left on his deal so I guess it does make sense to keep one of his fights held back if they're in negotiations for a new TV deal etc.

There's gonna be a big fight as the Main in last PPV of the year. It might actually, (thinking about it) be the return of....Volkanovski as he said he'd like to fight again around December. Anyway obviously a lot depends on the Topuria vs Holloway fight before then (IF it is actually Holloway as I suspect it will be).

OR Pereira I am sure will want another big fight this year so he will be slotted in somewhere as the Main event in a PPV date. I'm not sure Pereira will want to wait til Oct / Nov / Dec.

Last edited:
Ilia is not gonna KO Max and that's his best shot at winning.

Ilia is elite but you need pin point accuracy, spacing, elite gas tank and speed to beat Max. Volks the only one to have all that
Ilia has solid grappling. Other than the striking that might come into play. It would be really interesting to watch. 8 of his wins have been by sub. He's going to have to at least make Max worried about the TD threat.

Really hard to pick against Max

Like, really hard man

I like what Topuria brings to the table and that is the problem, but Max is the type of guy to shut that shit down

The fight will be a delight to watch unfold

Really hard to pick against Max

Like, really hard man

I like what Topuria brings to the table and that is the problem, but Max is the type of guy to shut that shit down

The fight will be a delight to watch unfold
My biggest worry is the weight. Max looked really good at 155 and he's legendary but I don't know if he will perform the same at 145 as he's getting older. If he wasn't getting a title shot I'd say stay at 155. He should be Top 5 at LW right now but UFC didn't do that for him.

Between volk, max, and topuria I think it’s going to be a rock, paper, scissors scenario. Volk beats max but loses to topuria and max beats topuria. Volk is too chinny for ilia but too fast for max. Max has too much volume and durability for Lillian.

Lol yeah, what is that date? I call BS on this... just some blahblah to keep his name on the spotlight. He also keeps insisting in having the event held in the new Santiago Bernabeu. That would mean well over 100K seats. The delusion is strong in this one.
Also PPV in US time would mean 4 am here in Spain. Good luck with that!

Lol yeah, what is that date? I call BS on this... just some blahblah to keep his name on the spotlight. He also keeps insisting in having the event held in the new Santiago Bernabeu. That would mean well over 100K seats. The delusion is strong in this one.
Also PPV in US time would mean 4 am here in Spain. Good luck with that!
the thing is....his statement could mean two different things.

"date" could mean a "dance partner" i.e. an opponent.
or
"date" could mean literally a date in the calendar that the UFC has told him the event is happening.

it's unclear to me which of these two possibilities it is. I would be *extremely* surprised if the UFC don't make it Topuria vs Holloway. All kinds of reasons for that opponent. August / Sept is very hot in Spain, so I'd say it's likely to be October onwards but....who knows til they announce something.

It's a good fight if it happens. There's no way the BMF title should be on the line though. That's a gimmick title that should only be on the line for certain kind of fighters and Ilia's recent attitude has not been BMF material.

Hope thats true and hope its Max who will beat him in front of his own audience on home soil...

would be freakin epic

I hope it’s Max but I have a sneaking suspicion it’s Volk
Max will end up defending the BMF against the winner of Chandler vs Mcgregor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Real Deal
Back