Ilia Topuria the most unlikeable delusional fighter of all time? (HELWANI INTERVIEW)

I like Topuria, he’s got the skillset and he’s a very talented fighter. I like the confidence he has in himself… might come off as arrogance but he’s backed it up everytime.

If he can dethrone Volk, FW is going to become a lot more interesting.

No I think there are other examples.

For example, Kevin Lee wants to fight the top guys again after years outside the UFC. How he thinks he should slide right back in to his former ranking after getting chocked unconscious is beyond me.

I'm probably the biggest Holloway fan on this forum and I have done nothing but give Volkanovski his flowers. The fact that moosie is jumping through all these hoops to make Islam and Khabib the victims when the thread didn't even pertain to them is hilarious, lol.
Shit, after the third Holloway fight I'm pretty sure most people changed their tune regarding Volk since it was such a clear win.

Shit, after the third Holloway fight I'm pretty sure most people changed their tune regarding Volk since it was such a clear win.

I was giving him his props before that one. No idea how anyone could have given Volkanovski any shit. He's a great fighter and a good guy. People here just want to tear everything down.

Serious question.
If the criteria that everyone uses as GOAT for the most part is title defenses.

How can people say Volk is the GOAT FW when he hasn't defended the title more than Aldo did?
I think with Volk is the level of his wins. He had to get past Aldo and Mendes on his way to the title.
Then he beat prime Holloway fucking 3 times.

Yair, Ortega and KZ are weaker title defenses but still count.

I think with Volk is the level of his wins. He had to get past Aldo and Mendes on his way to the title.
Then he beat prime Holloway fucking 3 times.

Yair, Ortega and KZ are weaker title defenses but still count.

But Aldo still has more defenses so that means hes still FW King 👑...no?

Yes he beat Aldo and Mendes at the end of their runs, but those weren't defenses tbf sir.

@moosaev what do you think here sir?

I think Volk will win. I hope he does.

If Topuria wins, my perfect world would be this:
- a Monday morning UFC announcement of Topuria vs Yair in August,
- followed immediately by a Monday Topuria tweet declining the fight,
- followed immediately by a Monday UFC announcement releasing Topuria and vacating the title.

I would laugh for days.

I watched his latest interview with Ariel Helwani:

He basically thinks he is already the champ, undefeated, the greatest fighter of all time.

It really goes beyond normal or even extreme levels of cocky and arrogance - he already has put in his Instagram bio that is is a UFC champ when he isnt.

Even compared to Conor grabbing the belt and stuff before the Aldo fight, you knew that it was just a joke and him trying to push Aldos buttons - which worked, but with Topuria it feels different.

However with Topuria it just comes across as complete delusion and makes him seem extremely unlikeable.

Plus he has added to it this morning saying that he wont give a title shot to other contenders:

An asshole, primed for eating a healthy dose of Humble Pie <45>

He’s not the most likable guy but I didn’t find him too overly confident in this interview. Sounded like he believes it’s his time. He said something very interesting, he said he models but he’s not a model he’s a fighter and a businessman. I like where his head is at.

Guessing you're either being obtuse or didn't actually watch the fight, but Ilia got soundly unstruck and then floored in the first round
It's not obtuse if you're statement was factually incorrect, lol. Herbert had a great first round, sure. Then he got ktfo beginning of the second. If anyone got whooped it was Herbert, ko'd and finished within 2 rounds.

It's not obtuse if you're statement was factually incorrect, lol. Herbert had a great first round, sure. Then he got ktfo beginning of the second. If anyone got whooped it was Herbert, ko'd and finished within 2 rounds.
I didn't say he lost. I said he got whooped, which he absolutely did

A sport full of a bunch of macho dudes trying to be the best, some delusional egomania is to be expected.

<Fedor23>

He’s confident and arrogant. That’s one thing.

But his declarations have been crossing the line. He says he’s already the champ. He says he won’t give title shots to the other top contenders. He says he’ll only fight mcgregor next for ufc Spain, an event that doesn’t even exist.

It should come as no surprise that he’s not winning any fans lol

Casuals like u making threads on forums means he doing everything right

Ilia just says he is better thank volk he is not crossing red lines like perosnal,family or anything like that and just bcs he says he is best and he will beat volk easly he is unlikeable and bad fighter? U have room temperature IQ

Funny thing is same people who dislikes ilia at same time they are colby,paddy,conor fangirls omg pady has amazing character omg! Colbys trash talk is aamazing! Omg conor abuses other peoples family and religion he is so cool! Meanwhile ilia just said he is best fighter in FW and he has skills to backup

Last edited:
You can pretend like that's all that matters, but I think you know that it's not a good look for something as cocky as Ilia to barely survive after going tooth and nail with a guy like Jai Herbert
This comment shows you have no idea about fighting and u have never been in real fight in ur life

Funny thing is same people who dislikes ilia at same time they are colby,paddy,conor fangirls omg pady has amazing character omg! Colbys trash talk is aamazing! Omg conor abuses other peoples family and religion he is so cool! Meanwhile ilia just said he is best fighter in FW and he has skills to backup

No one ever said any of those things, you simpleton.

Back