I'm 100% convinced Wilder is the hardest hitting puncher of all time, are you?

I'm not a big fan of his skill level, but I think Wilder has a pretty good claim to this.

Not floor but stunned.

Speaking through a translator Ortiz also gave a post fight interview saying, "I almost had him, and I think I would've if there were a few more seconds in the round, Wilder was definitely saved by the bell.
oh well if ortiz said it then it's obvious wilder was practically out.

Impossible, which is why hardest puncher lists and monikers are subjective. Still, if we make a general list specific to HW, thrn I would say some guys stand out.

Wilder
Foreman
Shavers
Cooney (left hook is real, come on, guys)

If we factor in that Foreman hit very hard with many punches (even the jab), he is a harder hitter from other spots, wheras Wilder gets all his power at the full extension of his right hand after he has stepped into it. This does not mean Wilder does hit pretty well in other ranges, but it's not as much.

He was an insane person

I would actually be afraid of that guy in real everyday life

Where do you get that from? Don't tell me you got that from that movie with Russell Crowe, cause that was a very inaccurate depiction of Max Baer for Hollywood drama purposes ...
Baer was actually mostly considered as a funny, sociable and all around lovely dude to be around.

All debates like this are entirely subjective. I think he has a case but there is simply no way to decipher who is.

The thing I find most amazing about Wilder is that he carries that power through absolutely shit technique.

Foreman hit harder, his jabs and glancing shots hurt people. Wilder depends on landing CLEAN haymakers.

It's Wilders style of always looking for the knockout and throwing everything he has that makes him such a devastating knockout artists.

Of course if Foreman fought like Wilder does he'd be soundly outboxed and beaten due to his much higher caliber competition.
Thats simply not true. Wilder has hurt people with short punches, straight punches, jabs, and everything in between.

Not really. Just watching the impact is enough data for me. How many times has Fury been floored?
A bunch.

Once against Cunningham, twice against Fury, a couple times against nobodies as well.

Foreman threw some pretty weird punches himself at times but that’s an advantage in being a KO artist, if you don’t see the punch coming you can’t tense your neck muscles to absorb the blow.

His jab was by far his most classic boxing technique and looked to have the most “snap” on it.

I’ve not seen all of Wilders knockouts but I have seen he is sometimes ducking his head and looking at the floor to throw bombs, in that sense I’d consider Foreman more of a chin hunter.

Last edited:
Foreman through some pretty weird punches himself at times but that’s an advantage in being a KO artist, if you don’t see the punch coming you can’t tense your neck muscles to absorb the blow.

His jab was by far his most classic boxing technique and looked to have the most “snap” on it.

I’ve not seen all of Wilders knockouts but I have seen he is sometimes ducking his head and looking at the floor to throw bombs, in that sense I’d consider Foreman more of a chin hunter.

Foremans jab is very underrated. Better than Listons. Better than Ali's. Only Holmes's is superior.

To answer the specific question in the subject “no”. Does he belong in the discussion, I believe so

Wilder seems to possess natural power all around, it's just I think his limitations as a boxer put the right hand in the spotlight because when you are limited, you'll be known for a short list of proven "go to's". He belongs in the discussion for sure. HW and P4P. It has bailed him out of every scare he's ever had, and he has even been in with the lineal champ, so its proven extremely effective and devastating at the highest level.

KOs Fury the 2nd go around, btw.

keith thurman was using those modern training methods, when he kicked pacman's arse. oh wait....

All modern boxers train with modern knowledge. Pacquiao is a 40 year old world champion. Wasn't that unheard of all the way up until the 1990's? Evolution!

and he has even been in with the lineal champ, so its proven extremely effective and devastating at the highest level.

KOs Fury the 2nd go around, btw.
Fury retired and got pinged for drugs, he can't be Lineal Champion. And you forget that he had a long lay off where he went on a drugs and drink binge whilst gaining 200lbs, then came back looking pretty piss poor vs. two nobodies. But yeah Lineal Champion sounds better and that's excluding the fact that the Worlds biggest puncher couldn't KO his opponent.

Foreman, Tyson, Shavers and some others hit harder IMO (all speculation, impossible to prove obviously) ... but probably top 10 and definitely hardest hitter at present.

Foreman, Tyson, Shavers and some others hit harder IMO (all speculation, impossible to prove obviously) ... but probably top 10 and definitely hardest hitter at present.

Guys who fought both Shavers and Foreman says that Shavers hit like Foreman and Lyle combined. No comparison.

Tyson does not generate anywhere near the same impact in his one punch ko's.

Where do you get that from? Don't tell me you got that from that movie with Russell Crowe, cause that was a very inaccurate depiction of Max Baer for Hollywood drama purposes ...
Baer was actually mostly considered as a funny, sociable and all around lovely dude to be around.
have you seen him hit the bag?

Back