In hockey it could be lights out at any given time

How is that charging? Schiefle is busting back to stop an empty net goal and then glides into the guy with the puck square in the middle of the body and stays on the ice.
Glides? And no, that was 100% charging. Based on distance traveled, body placement doesn't matter. Open ice or boards doesn't matter either. That hit was ridiculous.

Everybody knows that Canadians dominate both Hockey and the UFC, even NBA.

Glides? And no, that was 100% charging. Based on distance traveled, body placement doesn't matter. Open ice or boards doesn't matter either. That hit was ridiculous.
He did glide but as you hinted at distance traveled is what's relevant to the penalty. This part of the rule is messy too though. This play is a good example of this too. Evans was running away with the puck for like 150 feet, how is the checker supposed to get to him without travelling a distance if he won't stay still. lol.
Skate in short bursts with hard stops all the way up the ice?

I guess there has to be some looseness to the rules but I feel like a lot of people, including dept of player safety, put to much emphasis on the emotions that get tugged on, The rules don't care about your feelings tho.

Hopefully.Scheifele will be back in this serie. Will make for some interesting moments

He did glide but as you hinted at distance traveled is what's relevant to the penalty. This part of the rule is messy too though. This play is a good example of this too. Evans was running away with the puck for like 150 feet, how is the checker supposed to get to him without travelling a distance if he won't stay still. lol.
Skate in short bursts with hard stops all the way up the ice?

I guess there has to be some looseness to the rules but I feel like a lot of people, including dept of player safety, put to much emphasis on the emotions that get tugged on, The rules don't care about your feelings tho.
There is definitely a lot happening that makes it so debatable. I'm not emotionally invested in any kind of way, I'm just waiting for a set of rules that doesn't have so many gray areas. But I definitely see your point about emotions. Either way, the hit shouldn't have happened regardless, the goal was already scored.

If Evans was able to take off like that, and the checker was too far out of position to get a clean hit in time then that's on the checker, and he simply misses the opportunity for the hit.

Its the only sport with worse athletes than cagfighting
Actually NHL guys are way more athletes than MMA guys. If these NHL guys choose MMA instead of making millions in hockey, they would be dominating the sport instead of these guys who couldn't even make it in a pro sport, like Stipe or Ferg.

Actually NHL guys are way more athletes than MMA guys. If these NHL guys choose MMA instead of making millions in hockey, they would be dominating the sport instead of these guys who couldn't even make it in a pro sport, like Stipe or Ferg.

NHL guys stay 24/7 in shape... Most mma guys would fucking die lol.

Wasteland this shit, not even remotely related to the UFC.

Its the only sport with worse athletes than cagfighting

Sadly not wrong. I present to you perennial top 10 in goals/assists in his prime and stanley cup winner: Phil Kessel

DYWuU0JUQAAourm.jpg

phil-kessel-hot-dogs.jpg

How is that charging? Schiefle is busting back to stop an empty net goal and then glides into the guy with the puck square in the middle of the body and stays on the ice.

Shoulder straight to the head. Thats illegal.

Back