Rumored IS Bo Nikal the first fighter of a new super gym??

Johnny Hendricks potential.. Too old to learn good enough striking to fuck with guys like Izzy or Rob..

Hell we don't even know how he reacts when he gets hit lol..

OK I was confused about that. That's how that dude seems to refer to himself though. Odd.

This is how they explain it on their website:
"Penn State Boxing has was established in 1928 as a NCAA sanctioned sport. From 1923 to 1954, boxing was the No 1. Varsity sport at Penn State. Boxing is no longer an NCAA sanctioned sport, but the tradition created at Penn State still continues as a club sport with a competitive team option through the National Collegiate Boxing Association (NCBA). Currently 24 colleges and universities compete in the NCBA."

"
After 1960, the NCAA no longer sanctioned boxing. In response, the NCBA was founded in 1976.

NCBA member schools are encouraged to develop their instructional and intramural programs with emphasis on the teaching of fundamental novice boxing skills. In order to be eligible to participate in an NCBA member school, a collegiate boxer must be a full-time student at an accredited institution at which he/she is attending for graduation.
"

Very dumb by Bo. He should just make his own team of yesmen and do coke and become an alcoholic. Make a shitty whiskey or assault old men in bars. THAT'S how you become an mma icon.
I think he said something about a severe coke allergy during an interview

Interesting. I don't think we've seen a wrestling-centered team like that since Hammer House or Team Quest (both founded in the late 90s)...except maybe Brock Lesnar's training team where Cole Konrad and a few others also trained for a few years.

Anybody other than wrestlers? I didn't even know boxing was a university sport. Seems like it could produce a lot of good guys with the right coaches but hopefully it's more than just a ton of wrestlers so these guys can round out their games.
That was definitely a problem with Hammer House. Coleman and Randleman never really progressed and both got subbed pretty frequently throughout their careers.

He should be also training with Buchecha in Florida ATT. Buchecha is 13x bjj world champion, a very good wrestler and fuckin huge. If Bo can survive 2 minutes with Buchecha, no MW will be a threat to him on the ground.

IMG_2737+(1).jpeg
Bo sending Gordon to the beautiful metropolis of suplex city.

Now Gordon won of course, which is no surprise considering it was a submission grappling match, but i was surprised by how well bo did.

Makes you wonder how long ago his DWCS debut was planned. Like was he already signed when this video was made?

I don't think he was signed officially, but that it was most likely a certainty he would be on DWCS at the time the vid was shot.

If you notice, that recording was made in the summertime while the vid was uploaded early spring. ATT Happy Valley opened August 2021. So I'm guessing the Bo Nickal joining the UFC has been in the works for a year at least based on that vid.

the news tab on UFC.com can tip you off on prospects and unsigned fighters that they're already interested in. They've had half a dozen Bo Nickal stories in the last 8 months

From January
https://www.ufc.com/news/bo-nickal-chasing-similar-glory-from-wrestling-to-MMA-ufc-fight-pass

Having top knotch wrestling partners is expected of him. I'm more interested in who he's training striking and BJJ with.

Well we know he put in a couple camps with Jorge Masvidal down at Coconut Creek, Beard isn't a world beater but there's a chance we see this go more than 90 seconds so we might learn a few more things about Bo's game. I'm curious about his development, he seems confident but I also get this feeling he might not be "a fighter", if things get really tough, don't go his way or he gets busted up I'm curious to see if and how he pushes through.

I love when the spotlights on a young top prospect and we get to watch him prove himself, be challenged, rise or fall, grow and develope etc. It's gotta be one of the best parts about being a fan. I'm all about questions being answered.

View attachment 937646
Bo sending Gordon to the beautiful metropolis of suplex city.

Now Gordon won of course, which is no surprise considering it was a submission grappling match, but i was surprised by how well bo did.

It was more of an exhibition, Gordon was taking it really easy on Bo. I don't know that Bo would win a NAGA at the experts division, let alone do well in any serious BJJ or No Gi tournament at this point. He'd definitely take guys down though.

Johnny Hendricks potential.. Too old to learn good enough striking to fuck with guys like Izzy or Rob..

What does Hendricks have to do with this? He retired years ago and is a cop now. He was a great WW during his short prime, but not so much at MW.

You mean the guy who was a round from being world champ despite being pudgy and a worse wrestler than Bo?

I don't think 24 is "too old" to learn good enough striking. Alex Perreira didn't begin training Muay Thai until he was like 23 and Bo is probably as good of an athlete or better, and Bo will be getting way better and more specialized training than Alex did from the starts of their careers since he's the golden goose.

That said, I agree with your sentiment, starting at 24 even if you have an elite background going in can be somewhat late for development depending on the athlete. Still, Bo probably doesn't need to have Izzy or Robs level of striking to become champion anyways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back