Is Georges St-Pierre the hardest fighter to dislike?

I never minded him but was frustrated that he tossed his prime out the window with his ultra-conservative style.

Good for keeping your bank account/brand up, not so great for legacy 10 years later. Imo. Not that I’m hating on him though... it is his career, he can do what he wants with it. Can’t complain much about a guy’s career choices when he became the undisputed WW GOAT.

Well in retrospect exactly what sort of legacy would he have today, had he fought recklessly got knocked out a few more Times, got cut from the UFC or retired young? A fighter’s legacy is really only about accomplishments. 95% of it anyway. Most of the all-time great’s I think if you really look at it, both in boxing and in mixed martial arts are pretty strategic. You have to be that way if you expect to have longevity.

very goods points

Also let’s not forget ducking usada before Hendricks fight

N having the most annoying n delusional fan base in mma (not really his fault, but still)

LOL. He literally offered to pay for the drug testing but Burger King boy wanted nothing to do with it. So that’s bullshit.

The fans complain,whine and make babies that GSP didnt continue to foolishly get himself knocked out by someone they liked better.

My heart bleeds.

You say he is boring but he was one of the biggest draws in MMA history.
You say cherry picking but he cleaned out his division at least twice and beat everyone and anyone at WW
You say point fighter when GSP never point fought or coasted. He was winning round by beating the hell out of the other guy
You say he is a greaser which happened and I can't say shit about it. Who gives a fuck really. Fighters fucking grease.

I am a huge fan of fights that demonstrate a lot of skill. Also I’m a fan of fights that are longer fights. I like the drama to build as the rounds go on. GSP didn’t have a lot of drama he was usually way up on points. But the skill set that he demonstrated was incredible.

Shogun is pretty hard to hate. His fans were fucking awful though

The fans complain,whine and make babies that GSP didnt continue to foolishly get himself knocked out by someone they liked better.

My heart bleeds.

That is exactly right. How many of these guys with the just bleed, and try to take your head off mentality went on to be legendary fighters with longevity? Not too many.

You know Hendricks and Dana shit themselves when GSP showed up to the presser

TIMESTAMPED

it was just a publicity stunt

Once Hendricks called his bluff n offered to do wada testing n get nsac involved gsp backtracked

it was well documented with emails n all

Which one of them fell off a fucking cliff as soon as drug testing got instituted exactly? And which one of them came back under full drug testing to win the middleweight championship of the world? Just curious?

You know Hendricks and Dana shit themselves when GSP showed up to the presser

TIMESTAMPED

I’m still amazed how out of control Dana was that night. All because GSP said in the octagon he was taking some time off. The asshole level went up to about a 9 million that night.

LMAO at hendricks looking at that woman handing GSP his belt

Fuckin tremendous

I’m still amazed how out of control Dana was that night. All because GSP said in the octagon he was taking some time off. The asshole level went up to about a 9 million that night.
He literally blew his top. I never seen him like that. He probably put a mil on Hendricks. He was so tight after the reporter asked him about the scorecards after GSP walked in,he could barely talk.

He was boring and fought safe once he became champion and even more so after he lost to Serra.
GSP had a bunch of exciting fight after losing to Serra IMHO
Jon Fitch, BJ Penn 2, Matt Serra 2, Matt Hughes 3, Carlos Condit, Michael Bisping, Koscheck 2, Hendricks... you really thought these fights were boring?
Even his fight against Nick Diaz was pretty good, I didn't rewatch it 10 times but watching it live no one seemed bored.

GSP had some boring title fight, like against Jake Shield (to be fair Shield wasn't really helping) and Dan Hardy. But who never had any stinker?
I might be biased since I've been a huge grappling fan since I was a kid, far more than striking, but still...

He literally blew his top. I never seen him like that. He probably put a mil on Hendricks. He was so tight after the reporter asked him about the scorecards after GSP walked in,he could barely talk.

What’s confusing to me is that it’s not like he was all set up for Hendricks To be this massive draw. He didn’t have star power. He was just a good hard-working fighter. There was nothing special, charismatic, or really marketable about the man. He should’ve been kissing the ass of GSP and begging him to come back for more fights. Not tossing him under a bus. GSP was a golden boy. He was the guy making you all this money.

Whittaker and Saku are hard to dislike, but cormier is SO EASY to hate he shouldn't be mentioned.

As I say, I don't understand why. He's a bit hyperactive, but other than that, I don't see what there is to dislike about a guy like him.

He's a teddy bear, and a fucking beast. Best of both worlds.

What’s confusing to me is that it’s not like he was all set up for Hendricks To be this massive draw. He didn’t have star power. He was just a good hard-working fighter. There was nothing special, charismatic, or really marketable about the man. He should’ve been kissing the ass of GSP and begging him to come back for more fights. Not tossing him under a bus. GSP was a golden boy. He was the guy making you all this money.
Yeah,I dont know.
I think perhaps he thought that GSP was talking too much about the PED's and wanted him shut down. If GSP keeps the belt,and takes a break,maybe the headache for Dana becomes bigger. Also you know Dana wanted that rematch bad,because of the controversial way this ended,and now he wasnt gonna get it. There is def some underlying thing here we dont know,but look at how GSP said he would never turn his back on the UFC,and he never has. He never tried to shit talk anybody the way dana did to him that night.

Even guy who really gunned for him,like Kos and Nick,he was always nice to them after,no matter what they said to him.

Can we all agree that GSP is the GOAT?

I should make a thread.

Man, the guy is likable.

For those who missed it, I just found this on Youtube:

The guy is so likable and genuine in interviews.

No proven PED use, no big controversies.

Just a likable, handsome Canadian.

View attachment 761337

No.

Wonderboy is.

(not that I dislike GSP, he's cool as well)

People who think GSP is impossible to dislike are universally Canadian.
gsp-canada.jpg

Back