Is Georges St-Pierre the hardest fighter to dislike?

I think if you wanna make a list you have to include:
  • GSP
  • Machida
  • Wonderboy
  • Whittaker
  • Bas Rutten
You know what they all have in common tho?
Karate background.
[<cena1}

Not even close

Saku, Genki, Lawler are all more likeable. I don't even see what makes him more likable than other goats like Fedor or Silva either. Oh yeah and Randleman too, dude was a beast in the ring but was as much of a class act outside of it as you can ask for.

Last edited:
GSP had a bunch of exciting fight after losing to Serra IMHO
Jon Fitch, BJ Penn 2, Matt Serra 2, Matt Hughes 3, Carlos Condit, Michael Bisping, Koscheck 2, Hendricks... you really thought these fights were boring?
Even his fight against Nick Diaz was pretty good, I didn't rewatch it 10 times but watching it live no one seemed bored.

GSP had some boring title fight, like against Jake Shield (to be fair Shield wasn't really helping) and Dan Hardy. But who never had any stinker?
I might be biased since I've been a huge grappling fan since I was a kid, far more than striking, but still...
Most all of those fights except for Bisping were not fights I would consider “exiting”. Sure some of them were good performances and I was impressed but overall he spent lots of time on top control or using his jab without showing much of a killer instinct. He just jabbed the shit out of Kos, that wasn’t very entertaining to me. His most entertaining fights were early then he became too cautious and rarely went for the finish. He was happy battering people at range and taking them down. Anderson Silva had boring fights but he was an exiting fighter overall. GSP had exciting fights but was boring in general to me, like Usman. I like grappling but using good wrestling and keeping top control without going for finishes is not that exciting to me.

Well one of them ran away from the sport before stricter drug testing so that’s not really a good argument.

Also he cherrypicked the weakest champ n didn’t look too good in that fight.

He was advocating for stricter drug testing for some time. You can stuff the cherry picking arguments straight down the toilet. He beat the legitimate middleweight champion of the world. Burger King boy couldn’t even make weight off the gas. He couldn’t even hit the scales correctly.

I can agree with that. Dude is a class act

Well one of them ran away from the sport before stricter drug testing so that’s not really a good argument.

Also he cherrypicked the weakest champ n didn’t look too good in that fight.
So because bisping is the weakest champ,the one who beat Rockhold for the belt...no one should try to take the belt off Bisping? even if they normally fight in a lower weightclass?

lol

Uh hey Yoel look,your the number one contender,you wanna fight Bisping?

OH NO I WONT FIGHT BISPING,HE THE WEAKEST CHAMP,SOMEONE ON SHERDOG WILL BE VERY MAD I TAKE THIS FIGHT

I thought about it for few seconds and that just might be true. He’s pretty charming I’m not going to lie. I liked when he apologized for saying “balls” lol...

imagine if yoel got the shot and beat bisping,how many nerds will completley discount his accomplishment?

Even though Bisping beat rockhold and anderson.

GSP is a bit too Mr.Perfect for many. And he had a very conservative fighting style for a long time.

He's my favorite fighter, but it's not hard to dislike him.

I think someone like Whitaker is really hard to dislike. Exciting, humble, down to earth... the works.

Sakuraba... an absolute legend. Class act. And hilarious.

Also, Roxy.... come on. She's so classy and dedicated.

Also, Anthony Smith came across really well lately.

I personally don't understand how people can find Cormier not loveable. He's an incredible human.
Saku and Roxy are the two most likeable individuals the sport has seen, hands down.

For me it's Demian Maia and Robbie Lawler
Demian Maia is the ultimate silent type who got mad dignity. He stands in stark contrast of the loudmouth disrespectful guys we usually are accustomed to.

I personally don't understand how people can find Cormier not loveable. He's an incredible human.
he's the one that confuses me the most i feel like he's a huge jerk behind closed doors but is super nice infront of cameras.

he's the one that confuses me the most i feel like he's a huge jerk behind closed doors but is super nice infront of cameras.
So you were behind these doors? Where he was eating babies and kicking old ppl down a flight of steps?

I have no idea what you're basing this on. If shit's happening behind closed doors, you learn about it: Jones talking saint and then us learning he was anything but. There has never been any indication by anyone or anything that Cormier is dishonest or fake.

Married a Rwandan women on top of being an overall likeable dude. A man of the people, a Goat.
But what does that have to do with anything? Is another country, not as likeable as a Rwandan a thing? Are they superior in your view, or maybe lesser? What is it about Rwanda and marrying a Rwandan that makes him more likeable than marrying anyone else?

Back