Social Is it ethical for people to have to pay tax money to universities that are racist against them?

I know this.

A town wouldn't let black people use a pool they paid taxes for, and when a court ruled black people could use the pool, the white people chose instead to drain the pool.
"A town wouldn't let black people use a pool they paid taxes for, and when a court ruled black people could use the pool, the white people chose instead to drain the pool."

Therefor Asians and Jews need to be capped in schools and the workforce. And that's not racist. Makes sense.

"A town wouldn't let black people use a pool they paid taxes for, and when a court ruled black people could use the pool, the white people chose instead to drain the pool."

Therefor Asians and Jews need to be capped in schools and the workforce. And that's not racist. Makes sense.

I wouldn't expect you to understand the point.

I wouldn't expect you to understand the point.
That is the nature of things. I believe there is strength in stupidity. Too many people think too much, and drown themselves in confusion in their own thoughts. Think less, and you're smarter.

Different standards for different races is racist. Just stop there. Don't think any more or you'll just confuse yourself.

That is the nature of things. I believe there is strength in stupidity. Too many people think too much, and drown themselves in confusion in their own thoughts. Think less, and you're smarter.

Different standards for different races is racist. Just stop there. Don't think any more or you'll just confuse yourself.

Your path to serenity might be ignorance, but mine isn't.

Your path to serenity might be ignorance, but mine isn't.

Software engineers try to make functions that use as few calculations as possible. Because the more calculations there are, the more chances there are for a fuck up to happen.

My path is the truth. Most of the time, the truth is very simple. More detail just creates obfuscation. Obfuscation leads to confusion. Confusion creates logic errors. Men can have vaginas. Women are men. Racial discrimination isn't racist.

It is based on financial disparity among other factors besides race. You seem to be in denial that race is a factor in disparities. It absolutely is. Correlation and causation.

I'm under the impression that these different scores different types of students were based solely on race.

It's my opinion that education should be based and catered on an equal basis. No child should have to do more or less based on what they are, or what background they have.

However I also understand that those from more troubled backgrounds may need additional support. In that sense, I'd like these people to be helped given the tools and the support to get themselves to the bar, not to have the bar lowered for them.

I'm not denying that race isn't a factor, but it is not the only factor, and thus it shouldn't be the deciding factor. I'd argue that financial wealth, and the stability of a family, should take more priority than pigmentation.

Equity in relation to school is not a good idea. It should be 100% about equality.

Same, but it depends on the ability to provide an equal education to those across the board. No child should have their chances suffer because of situations that are beyond their control (unable to afford tools for education, abuse situations at home etc).

I'm under the impression that these different scores different types of students were based solely on race.

It's my opinion that education should be based and catered on an equal basis. No child should have to do more or less based on what they are, or what background they have.

However I also understand that those from more troubled backgrounds may need additional support. In that sense, I'd like these people to be helped given the tools and the support to get themselves to the bar, not to have the bar lowered for them.

I'm not denying that race isn't a factor, but it is not the only factor, and thus it shouldn't be the deciding factor. I'd argue that financial wealth, and the stability of a family, should take more priority than pigmentation.
It's a false impression. They take a TON of things into account. Also, it's worth noting that in California it's against state law to factor race in at all. There are lots of things taken into account that tend to benefit whites such as legacy students, donations from family members, etc. They like to take people from a diversity of regions. For instance, a white kid from rural Montana might have a leg up on a white kid from a more urban area even if their socioeconomic backgrounds are similar.

The law and the real world are 2 different things. It's like that person trying to convince people that stores can't get sued for giving homeless people food or letting drug addicts dumpster dive.

1. Discrimination in this argument is a matter of legal question not your personal impressions.
  2. Anyone can be sued for anything. It's what you can win that matters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back