Is it just me or....

Dusty Rhodes

Where muh thweet THAFFIRE?
@Black
Reaction score
Is there just way too much content now for TV/Movies?

Not complaining or anything but you ever feel like there's so many options available for TV/Movies now that you have no idea what to choose....And then you just go back to your old faves?

I should be watching a ton of cool new shows but I always end up watching Sopranos, Seinfeld/Curb, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, South Park...and of course 90's WWF.

Anyone else do the same?

Yeah, too many choices and most of it is crap.
Id much rather have less choices of better quality stuff.
Alot of stuff that comes out now is honestly almost completely unwatchable, or just too predictable.
I turn off so much shit made in past like 7 years constantly and end up going back to old stuff more often.

I got 200+ channels on cable, several streaming services, a Roku full of apps and just about every other television option you can think of but all I ever watch is cop shows from the 60's on ME TV
I was doing the same for a while then cancelled pretty much all of it. I realized I was basically paying hundreds of dollars to run comedy central as background noise. And even that became unbearable after a while.

I have so many streaming sites I've had to set up a thing on my phone with passwords so I can watch at work.

My lunch hour and breaks are Brit soap operas so I have that covered, need to get back into cult docos.

I only have Netflix and besides cobra kai and black mirror, other shows are pretty meh.

Problem is originality, so many shows and yet non are really authentic. Daredevil was decent but got cancelled.

Problem with many many shows means that we don't have the downtime to fantasize about what might happen in the next episode. You binge watch it and become stuffed. Unless it's an epic series you just get done with it and move on without it becoming something you think about.

When sopranos was around, you talked about it with your friends and discussed the shit that might go down in the next episode. The wait created anticipation which creates a long last effect of remembering a show with a great passion.

So if cable content is mostly crap, why keep paying for it? The cable company is playing you for chumps so cut the cord already!

Don't watch tv, unless it's the news. Movies bore me. I have the attention span of a goldfish.

So if cable content is mostly crap, why keep paying for it? The cable company is playing you for chumps so cut the cord already!

Haha I work for a cable company broseph. At a 50% discount the price is reasonable at best.

<2>

Not complaining or anything but you ever feel like there's so many options available for TV/Movies now that you have no idea what to choose....And then you just go back to your old faves?

I should be watching a ton of cool new shows but I always end up watching Sopranos, Seinfeld/Curb, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, South Park...and of course 90's WWF.

Anyone else do the same?
I'm like it with movies, I'd rather watch an old classic or favourite than a new release. I think it means you're an old fuck

Anyone else do the same?

That's called getting old imo!

That's called getting old imo!

Lol fair. Reaching 34 in July......

<2>

giphy.gif

I mostly use YouTube Premium and HBO MAX. I get Netflix for free with T-Mobile and then I get the WWE network on and off again to watch 90s WWF.

I also have Peacock. That's it. No cable.
I can stream most things for free or I'll just go old school and pop on a DVD.

I'm like it with movies, I'd rather watch an old classic or favourite than a new release. I think it means you're an old fuck
Hah . I was worried that was my problem for a bit , but I realized I dont hate everything new ,occasionally something recent will pop up and pique my interest.

It a lot easier to make and release movies or music these days so I think we are exposed to a lot more lazy,uninspired, crap then before.

Back