Is Muhammad Ali the Michael Jordan of Boxing?

i asked a chick on chaturbate, young thing, if she knew who Muhammad Ali was, korean girl in Khazakstan, a real cutie, she said "the boxer?". didn't ask about Jordan.

i asked a chick on chaturbate, young thing, if she knew who Muhammad Ali was, korean girl in Khazakstan, a real cutie, she said "the boxer?". didn't ask about Jordan.

Seems like you asked the same girl as me... I asked her about Jordan though - she said "The shoe seller ?"

michael-jordan-facepalm.gif

So 1 billion people watch Rumble in the Jungle in 1974

The last dance in 2020 when ya can watch a tv show on your phone just about anywhere doesn't come even close. You could dig up playoff games Jordan played I doubt those numbers are higher.

Wonder how Jordan would of handled the whole Nam draft thing

Do you have time to speak about our lord and savior, Harry Greb?

- mozfonky to 20 year old Korean chicks on chaturbate, maybe

Do you have time to speak about our lord and savior, Harry Greb?

- mozfonky to 20 year old Korean chicks on chaturbate, maybe
nope, didn't get to harry greb or sugar ray robinson. Still, it wasn't a given for me that she would know. I couldn't help but smile when she did.

The last dance in 2020 when ya can watch a tv show on your phone just about anywhere doesn't come even close. You could dig up playoff games Jordan played I doubt those numbers are higher.

more people, more tech but it's all way more splintered. way more channels of media and demographics seem to be more sharp today than then. If you can imagine Elvis in the 50's, I could see multiple generations watching him at once because there were only a couple to a few stations.

Jordan's top 5 most watched games did 30m-35m. Also factor in that he played 82 games a year. Also the merchandise with his logo is in every country in the world and he is without question the greatest player in his sport while Ali is arguably the greatest in his.
Difference is Ali had Parkinsons and was basically hopping around and whispering since the late 80s. Jordan during that time became the biggest athlete on the planet and probably is still the biggest athlete or most famous athlete on the planet, since Ali passed.
Also during the pandemic last year Ali-Frazier III did 700k on ESPN. Very good for a fight everyone knows and understands. So he can still put viewers in the seats all these years later.

-
Jordan's top 5 most watched games did 30m-35m. Also factor in that he played 82 games a year. Also the merchandise with his logo is in every country in the world and he is without question the greatest player in his sport while Ali is arguably the greatest in his.
Difference is Ali had Parkinsons and was basically hopping around and whispering since the late 80s. Jordan during that time became the biggest athlete on the planet and probably is still the biggest athlete or most famous athlete on the planet, since Ali passed.
Also during the pandemic last year Ali-Frazier III did 700k on ESPN. Very good for a fight everyone knows and understands. So he can still put viewers in the seats all these years later.

Parkinson's was his last big fight you moron. In a disabled state he was revered, fighting til the end.

Wait.... Jordan and Mayweather? lol Jordan dominated in one of the best eras of basketball.
Not to mention that MJ
dominated both defensively and offensively unlike Floyd. MJ actually won scoring titles and dunk contests as well as defensive player of the year. The Mayweather comparison is silly.

As a fan of both boxing and basketball I think that Jordan does slightly outrank Ali among the all-time sports greats. That takes nothing away from Ali who had everything you could ask for in a fighter. I still can't believe how he beat big George Foreman the way he did.

Back