Social Is there any body of fresh water in Australia that is safe to swim in?

What are salties? And also, I understand that a smaller percentage of the population are killed by wild animals than other places. My question was more “Is that because the local population knows what to watch out for?” In other words, if you just took a bunch of people from America and put them in Australia, would that death rate be higher?

Salties = Salt Water Crocodile. You know the big crocs in Africa you see on documentaries? Like that, only bigger!

Americans would probably be safer because they're more afraid!

There's no real big secrets that I can think of other than first aid training includes them maybe?

There’s nothing safe about Australia

Forget salties, drop bears do every year more deaths than corona virus whole run

Want a country with deadly Animals? India has around 46,000 people killed by snakes every year!
I'm confident blade-equipped rooster will drop them to #2 in three months

Do they have those creatures that swim up your peehole? That's my biggest fear when swimming in water.

As an Aussie I can tell you it's the opposite.

Our wildlife isn't that dangerous. Honey Bees are the most deadly animal we have killing around 10 people per year.

Crocs and Sharks are 1-2 per year. Of the "deadly" animals snakes are the worst and even that's under two.

Want a country with deadly Animals? India has around 46,000 people killed by snakes every year!
Shark attacks are on the rise we had 12 deadly attacks last year

and rednecks with guns
you america haters are ridic
it aint people that kill people
its guns that kill people
those guns need a redneck licesnse and it would be much safer

Would you agree that a big part of that may be that you know what not to do and where not to go? I mean, I live in Northern California. The only thing we have around here that could kill you is rattlesnakes. And I know not to go picking up large rocks, or otherwise fucking with clusters of large rocks, especially near a river or wildlife habitat.
Not realy I live ruraly and I'm always out bush and more often than not I get around with thongs (flip flops) on and when at home I walk bare foot through our paddocks. Ive seen 1 snake in 5 years.

In saying this we did have a massive tiger snake in out kitchen.

Not realy I live ruraly and I'm always out bush and more often than not I get around with thongs (flip flops) on and when at home I walk bare foot through our paddocks. Ive seen 1 snake in 5 years.

Holy shit. What did you do?

Nothing is safe in Australia. Wherever you go, there's always some deadly beast hiding in the shadows waiting to pounce on you. Do you prefer the large and violent or the small and venomous?

[QUOTE="HeffDoesWant, post: 163833142, member: 390777"Aussies are about as worried about crocs as Americans are about polar bears..[/QUOTE]
Well because polar bears aren't even in american territory.

Shark attacks are on the rise we had 12 deadly attacks last year

12 globally according to my googling....

8 of which were in aus :eek::eek::eek:

That's crazy...

Even more crazy is that you're wrong about attacks being on the rise... exact same amount of attacks as last year. Less than in '18. They're fucking learning.

The Aussi accent and colloquial cracks me up.

With a build like that there’s no way a croc could defend against a properly applied RNC. Let him try to roll with me just once and I’ll have a new belt and pair of boots.

where do you live? I have seen more snakes in the last few years in Brisbane than I ever had living down south.

The only reason crocodiles don't kill more people is because people rarely go swimming in crocodile infested waters. Similar thing with sharks in the ocean, hardly anyone goes swimming in the deep ocean but we hear from lots of people who were lost at sea or involved in a disaster at sea that can attest that the sharks preyed on them.

Back