Islam beats prime GSP

Maybe he will fight a bigger guy and become a double champ. Maybe he will win a few more title defenses against a guy in his own weight class. A lot of maybes.

Hell no

Compared to GSP he’s a sloppy barroom fighter.

GSP was one of the greatest to ever set foot in the Octagon.

Islam wouldn’t even be a good sparring partner for GSP. All he’d be good for is making sandwiches and mopping up the gym when the men are done training.

one thing people had for Khabib v GSP was the fact that GSP was the better striker... but Islam is a improved version of Khabib, has better striking... GSP literally has nothing for him, his boring wetblanket grappling is not fazing Islam... Islam beats him on the ground and stand up

thoughts?
Thoughts? You are an absolute moron.

50-44 GSP

Islam is not stopping the TD whenever GSP feels like getting it and he's not subbing GSP off his back and he's getting 0 takedowns.

GPS tools Khabibi and Islam

islam is the best striker right now, went toe to toe with the supposed best striker in the UFC in the first fight, and KOed him in the rematch

even before the volk fights he was the least hit fighter, GSP who almost died against a journeyman Johny Hendrick aint doing shit to Islam
one beat 145 guy other a big 170 guy..... but be proud Islam did look great vs a guy who clearly smaller.....

one thing people had for Khabib v GSP was the fact that GSP was the better striker... but Islam is a improved version of Khabib, has better striking... GSP literally has nothing for him, his boring wetblanket grappling is not fazing Islam... Islam beats him on the ground and stand up

thoughts?
<Dany07>Islam would have eaten jab after jab after jab!

thoughts?
I could definitely see Islam winning that fight.
I wouldn't, however, necessarily call Islam an "improved" version of Khabib. They're just different fighters.
Yes, Islam's striking is much more technical, refined and patient than Khabib's, but you could argue Khabib's is just as effective. He out-struck Conor and Barboza, who are both much more technical, but his aggression, pressure and takedown threat make his striking as EFFECTIVE as anyone's.
I would have loved to see Khabib or Islam against GSP.

maybe he should beat some ranked lws, THEN we cant consider how he'd do against the GOAT WW.

<Dany07>Islam would have eaten jab after jab after jab!
those jabs used to work on one dimentional american college wreslters, that shit dont work on elite fighters of today, Islam, Shavkat and Edward runs through him

Recency bias is real
I agree that recency bias is VERY real.
But, at the same time, go back as far as you want and you won't see anyone else have 3 consecutive victories against top-3 pound-for-pound fighters. So there may an historical precedent for the love that Islam is deservedly receiving.

those jabs used to work on one dimentional american college wreslters, that shit dont work on elite fighters of today, Islam, Shavkat and Edward runs through him
Edwards would be GSP's Easy defense since hardy.

Dana, is that you?!
Islam would not have a reach advantage vs GSP. Also, I think prime GSP can take him down almost at will. Volks wrestling was good enough to compete vs Islam, imagine GSP!!

Hell no

Compared to GSP he’s a sloppy barroom fighter.

GSP was one of the greatest to ever set foot in the Octagon.

Islam wouldn’t even be a good sparring partner for GSP. All he’d be good for is making sandwiches and mopping up the gym when the men are done training.
Disappointing take.
You mustn't be very smart or knowledgeable about MMA.

Back