Islam Makhachev Doubts Conor McGregor Will Earn a Lightweight Title Shot

Will Conor fight for a belt?

• Total voters
Conor deserves a title shot a little more than I do. He hasn't won nor competed enough to earn one. But his mouth and Dana will gladly give him one.

Last edited:
This is the reason I thought he never should've fought Volk.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Well, if Islam declined, then they would've run with the "Islam is ducking that short-notice featherweight who beat him up in the last fight." Even if it was a lightweight opponent, there's still the short-notice narrative there. He can never win in their eyes.

with that new hair transplant, Conor can do anything
It falls out, it’s over for him

*I love that photo though, cuz Fat Chuck is in the back

Well, if Islam declined, then they would've run with the "Islam is ducking that short-notice featherweight who beat him up in the last fight." Even if it was a lightweight opponent, there's still the short-notice narrative there. He can never win in their eyes.

Very good point.
Oh well, at least we all don't hate em sir lol.

This is the reason I thought he never should've fought Volk.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Actually it's as simple as just not being a hypocrite. If you're going to open that flood gate like he did then you don't get to turn around and pretend you'll only fight the #1 contender who has to have won 4 top 5 fights in a row. Especially when you yourself never did that on your own path to the title either.

He's only damned because of his own actions where these standards obviously only applies to other people and not himself.

If Conor beats Chandler at 155, I pretty much guarantee he gets a title shot.

Does that mean he earned it? Of course not. But let's face it, Khamzat has done nothing to earn a middleweight title shot, and yet it seems likely at this point. He hasn't even beaten a top 10 ranked middleweight yet. But in the UFC if you bring in the viewers, you don't need to earn your shots.

Actually it's as simple as just not being a hypocrite. If you're going to open that flood gate like he did then you don't get to turn around and pretend you'll only fight the #1 contender who has to have won 4 top 5 fights in a row. Especially when you yourself never did that on your own path to the title.

He's only damned because of his own actions where these standards obviously only applies to everybody else and not himself.

Makhachev is 24-1.
Four of his wins have come by KO.
11 by submission (2 triangles, 3 rear naked chokes, 3 armbars, 2 triangle armbars, kimura).... that's not impressive?

He was also on like a 12 fight win streak when he got his shot, it's not his fault nobody on top wanted to fight him.
Now they do though, coincidence?...I think not sir.

He smoked the guy everyone said was gonna be too much for him.
Beat the guy everyone said was the best mma fighter on the planet in a hard fought war.

Beat the same guy by kicking his head off, I think he's proven himself a fuck load more than Conor has.
I also think he's earned the right to tell Conor to win some fights first...no?

He has also proven that he belongs right where he is unless Im missing something here.

Makhachev is 24-1.
Four of his wins have come by KO.
11 by submission (2 triangles, 3 rear naked chokes, 3 armbars, 2 triangle armbars, kimura).... that's not impressive?

He was also on like a 12 fight win streak when he got his shot, it's not his fault nobody on top wanted to fight him.
Now they do though, coincidence?...I think not sir.

He smoked the guy everyone said was gonna be too much for him.
Beat the guy everyone said was the best mma fighter on the planet in a hard fought war.

Beat the same guy by kicking his head off, I think he's proven himself a fuck load more than Conor has.
I also think he's earned the right to tell Conor to win some fights first...no?

He has also proven that he belongs right where he is unless Im missing something here.

<{vega}>

What does any of this have to do that it's a completely different standard than Islam applies to his own career?

He's a hypocrite and has nobody to blame but himself for opening up that criticism.

<{vega}>

What does any of this have to do that it's a completely different standard than Islam applies to his own career?

He's a hypocrite and has nobody to blame but himself for opening up that criticism.

It was only a different standard because none of the top guys wanted to fight him.
He's also fighting the best guys now that he is there.

He is probing he belongs there, and he has more than earned the right to call some shots.

I'd like to say he would never get another title shot but we all know he's Dana's son so ...

View attachment 1010465

100% agree with Islam. If Conor can beat Chandler and another 2-3 contenders, fine, give him a title shot. If he loses to Chandler, it shouldn't even be discussed ever again.

But it would be fun to watch Islam strangle him, if it ever did happen

If Conor beats Chandler at 155, I pretty much guarantee he gets a title shot.

Does that mean he earned it? Of course not. But let's face it, Khamzat has done nothing to earn a middleweight title shot, and yet it seems likely at this point. He hasn't even beaten a top 10 ranked middleweight yet. But in the UFC if you bring in the viewers, you don't need to earn your shots.

He'll fight for a belt, but he won't earn it.

McGreGOAT Will rifle Islam down wit ez punches!

Will he earn one versus Will he get one
Three Words sum it up...

Drive Way Snow ;)
giphy.gif

connor-mcgregor-raining-money.gif

200w.gif

It was only a different standard because none of the top guys wanted to fight him.

So he himself gets to advance up the rankings without actually beating anybody up the rankings but others don't?

Seems mighty convenient for him.

He's also fighting the best guys now that he is there.

He literally still only has 1 top 5 win in his entire career and it's from his fight for the title itself over a year ago.

This is the UFC. You don't have to earn a title shot to get one. Conor = cash cow which = UFC giving him a shot anyways. And they will sell it as "Conor vs. Khabib's friend/protege" and make sure to show the footage of Conor throwing a tantrum and throwing a dolly at the bus, as well as Khabib going ninja on Dillon Danis to hype up the fight.

Back