Islam Makhachev Doubts Conor McGregor Will Earn a Lightweight Title Shot

Will Conor fight for a belt?

• Total voters
dana-white-i-dont-give-a-fuck.gif

Well be like that you big meanie lol.

I get some of the rhetoric in here but I think anyone that says he didn't earn that initial FW interim shot is just plain hating.

Any evidence of his belonging there should've been immediately dispelled via his utterly destroying Aldo in the unification bout.

The rest, I get your point, but not on that initial FW run.
exactly.

i can't stand the pompous fuck, but he was finishing legitimate fighters at 145, pulled it off against mendes, then KO'd the long time champ in 12 seconds. he refused to fight frankie after that, we can definitely pin that on him, but he was supposed to challenge RDA for the 155 belt when nate choked his ass out. he didn't outright deserve it, because he had business to take care of at 145, but we can't really whine too much about a champion moving up to challenge another champion.

he did nothing to earn the title fight against eddie, but then again he absolutely clowned him, too. it's hard to argue someone doesn't deserve to fight for the title when they annihilate the champion like it's nothing.

we could claim he didn't deserve to fight khabib for the belt... but he was the lineal LW champion at the time, he at least had some claim that he never lost his belt. and this time, he got thoroughly owned himself.

the real knock on conor isn't undeserved title shots. it's his refusal to fight contenders and defend the belts he's won. well, that and all the coke induced horseshit he's pulled over the years.

Back