Islam Makhachev reacts to UFC ranking Jon Jones as the No. 1 p4p. "This is bullsh****

Jon Jones looks infinitely better not only because his accomplishments make Islams look tiny comparatively…….. but because his loss to Hamill looks infinitely better than being KO’ed and ACTUALLY losing. His lackluster performance against Reyes (where he looked stronger as the fight went on) still has better optics imo than having someone beating the piss out of you in the final round (where you look like you would lose if you had to keep fighting) in a fight you were suppose to dominate as you panic watch the clock…….. nothing Islam has ever done comes close to Jon dusting Gane for a title.

This being said I think Islam has a great chance to become the GOAT LW with 2 key metrics (win streak and title defenses). I don’t see him coming remotely close to DJ, GSP, JBJ etc. his fight frequency won’t allow it and he will likely either leave to avoid new blood or lose.

Nostly agree but beating Charles>Beating Gane

Yeah nothin against Islam but murking the shit out of a larger opponent is more impressive than narrowly edging out a smaller opponent.

That's just logic.

<seedat>
tbf Gane is nowhere near a fighter of Volk's caliber. Wrestlefucked by Ngannou in his previous fight, and Jones should've lost to Reyes. Having Jones top 5 p4p is a joke.

tbf Gane is nowhere near a fighter of Volk's caliber. Wrestlefucked by Ngannou in his previous fight, and Jones should've lost to Reyes. Having Jones top 5 p4p is a joke.
I don't disagree that Volk is better than Gane. As far as decisions go, you gotta go with the official result whether you like it or not. Jones is hardly the only guy to have a close decision go his way. And far from the most egregious.

Wether Islam is p4p or not,(it really doesnt matter,its even more useless than GOAT) but he has enough supporters,that he should say that shit. Keeps people talkin about him while he's not fighting.

LOL he knows it's true.
Jon went up to HW and annihilated one of the best HWs around in under two minutes
Islam , otoh, barely won vs swollen midget volkanovski who made him look silly on the ground

If Khabib was around, then we'd be talking

That would mean Dominick Reyes is Jan Blachowicz's son, who is Glover Teixeira's son, who is Jon Jones' son. So Jon Jones is his own great great grandfather
Islam is Adrianos son, who is Cerrone's son, who is Till's son, who is Brunson's son, who is Izzy's son, who is Blachowicz's son, who is Glover's son, who is Jon Jones's son. So Islam is Jon Jones' Great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandson simple genealogy Islam is speaking ill of ancestors I don't like it.

Posts like these are the reason i keep coming back here.

<{MingNope}>

The problem in UFC these days is whoever just won is the new "p4p greatest fighter ever". Its not just the fans but it comes from the hapless MMA commentators and pundits as well... and because there is so many new Covid lockdown fans they will just parrot that .Everyone is the greatest p4p fighter ever, its beyond cringe lol.. I have to mute it every time. I find it embarrassing.

Before a lot of these fighters have even fought anyone of note and barely started their career they are the p4p greatest these days. Then when they lose or have a poor display, everyone just moves on to the next person being possibly the p4p greatest fighter ever.

I know you feel the same way as I do too, you know your stuff.

Oh sure, titles from promotions like "Wollongong Wars 4" seven years ago and "Southern Fight Promotions: Cage Conquest 2" a full decade ago are really relevant when discussing someone's P4P ranking in 2023.

When you said

You actually need success at multiple weights before fighting at multiple weights means anything for your P4P ranking.

Who were you talking about?

Yeah but he was exonerated as the substance he failed for wasn't a banned substance previously.

Not quite the same as a career cheat who apparently "pulsed" many years after he originally popped.

Try harder
Fixed that for you...

Francis quit mma instead of fighting Jones goofy
Jones was out how many years while Francis was champ? And before you say he was negotiating with the UFC, remember he was willing to walk away until they came back with an offer that balanced with his risk. Same as Francis.

Fans suck (quit MMA?)

Jones was out how many years while Francis was champ? And before you say he was negotiating with the UFC, remember he was willing to walk away until they came back with an offer that balanced with his risk. Same as Francis.

Fans suck (quit MMA?)

One is the HW champion in the UFC.

The other fled the highest pay ever to fight Jones and just walked away.

Just quit.

And Jones ducked....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeKa
Back