Israel Adesanya or Sean Strickland - Who should fight for the MW title?

Who should fight for the MW title?

• Total voters
I'd like to see Izzy fight DDP, and Strickland rematch Cannonier.

Whoever has the best performance between Strickland/Cannonier, and Whittaker/Khamzat, gets the titleshot.

Hopefully that ends up being Izzy vs Khamzat for the biggest title fight in a long time.

Last edited:
I'd rather see Izzy and Strickland fight in a contender's match but if I had to pick one of them, I'd go with Strickland. Izzy already got his immediate rematch.

actually neither.

but strickland if I must choose. He atleast lost his title in a Split decision. Which is rare. Only DJ, Hendricks, TJ, Rose, Strickland have lost a title via Split

Sean has more of a case than Izzy but both are coming off losses and should earn the shot.

Since we are in the TKO era, Izzy/DDP has a storyline so that's probably what they'll do. It should be Cannonier getting next crack while Strickland/Izzy rematch for #1 contender if the sport was fair.

I'm tired of immediate rematches. Especially if you weren't a long reigning champ with titles defenses...

So...

Israel.

Let Strickland rest up and get the winner at the end of the year.

I'm only interested in the sense that I want to see how much crying it takes to get a championship rematch. should be an interesting precedent that I hope all champions follow!

Neither has earned it, but at least Adesanya is a fresh matchup, and if we go by past accomplishments its not even a debate.

Of the two I'd rather the guy who didn't just lose to the champ.

Strickland flat out embarrassed Izzy in their title fight. He then lost a razor close split decision to Dricus where he handily outstruck him over the five rounds.

Izzy is also 1 - 2 in his last three. How can you justify losing 2 out of his last 3 fights and giving him a title shot?

Strickland deserves it and it's not even close.

You don’t get an immediate rematch when you never defended the title, unless you’re Cody (I still don’t understand why that happened).

izzy, we all want to see it, fresh match up and all, sean is a crybaby

i've consulted the mystical space crystals and they say this dude
giphy.gif
This for sure haha. The crystal man!

It’s a fresh matchup and he has a win over Strickland, even though I kinda feel like Sean should have gotten the nod in that one.

Although ultimately, I would like to see Israel fight DDP at some point!

Where’s UFC Africa?!? Nothing more than a pipe dream!?!? Hahaa.

You don’t get an immediate rematch when you never defended the title, unless you’re Cody (I still don’t understand why that happened).
Do you get a title shot when you have lost two out of your previous three fights?

If you can't stand Izzy because he wears pearls and paints is nails that has something to do with you internally. Izzys fight history compared to Stricklands speaks for itself.

Oh and people can turn on a dime in a fight. That knockdown got the fans excited. Strickland is a mental case that's bad for the sport. Just like my opinion man.
The crowd were cheering Strickland from the first appearance at the weighins. Izzy may be a great fighter but he's seriously unlikable as a person.

Strickland deserves it more, but I’d rather see the Izzy fight

Back