Israel Adesanya or Sean Strickland - Who should fight for the MW title?

Who should fight for the MW title?

• Total voters
The next guy on the best win streak which was Jared Cannonier iirc. I found the fight very close and the decision debatable so Strickland rematch would be a reasonable alternative. I don’t care who Adesanya fights best but I like to seem him active.

It should be Strickland, but I want to see Izzy.

1. Cannonier - Beat Strickland (close fight but Cannonier did deserve the win) and Vettori, would be fighting for the title off a win unlike the other two
  2. Adesanya - Lost his last fight 4-1 but has a great record in title fights overall and hasn't fought DDP yet. Yes he lost 4-1 to Strickland, but DDP is a different person from Strickland
  3. Strickland - Lost to DDP in his last fight, these sorts of instant rematches are the worst and shouldn't happen. Strickland can fight for the title if he gets a win or two against top contenders

On merits alone, Strickland deserves it way more than Adesanya.

He schooled Adesanya for 25 minutes when they fought, he then lost to DDP in a very close fight...

In my opinion, Adesanya needs 1 or 2 more solid wins before deserving to fight for the belt again. 1-2 in his last three fights, that shouldn't get you a title shot

Last edited:
i've consulted the mystical space crystals and they say this dude
giphy.gif

Lmao I still can’t believe Cannonier tried to make jerk off crystals his gimmick

Well he doesn't molest dogs and go out of his way to piss people off... for a start.

LMAO. Dude talk shit about everyone even those who didn't do anything to him, he want to act like an alpha although the build up against DDP clearly showed that he wasn't what he pretended "hurdur I'll stab u if u keep saying mean things to me". Plus he's a hypocrite. Talk shit but can't take the backlash.

I can understand peoples who don't Iike Izzy but there are as much reasons to hate Strickland. Most of you all, just have double standard. The same who were saying that Usman was boring and a try hard while they were cheering for Colby.

LMAO. Dude talk shit about everyone even those who didn't do anything to him, he want to act like an alpha although the build up against DDP clearly showed that he wasn't what he pretended "hurdur I'll stab u if u keep saying mean things to me". Plus he's a hypocrite. Talk shit but can't take the backlash.

I can understand peoples who don't Iike Izzy but there are as much reasons to hate Strickland. Most of you all, just have double standard. The same who were saying that Usman was boring and a try hard while they were cheering for Colby.
...and yet, far more people like him than Izzy. Tells you just how unlikable the guy is.

...and yet, far more people like him than Izzy. Tells you just how unlikable the guy is.

It mainly shows that peoples are biased and have double standards. Some fighters have a pass to have a shitty behavior but others doesn't. I wonder why.

Neither. Getting a title fight off of a loss is dumb and immediate rematches as a concept are boring as shit.

Neither.
I also don’t want to see Cannonier fight for the title either.

Normally the champion is always favored, but the problem with Sean is that he doesn't even have one succesful title defence.

Any dominant champion would have been favored, but Sean isn't one.

That or a huge win streak before losing, but Sean doesn't have that either (lost to Cannonier not long ago).

You don’t get an immediate rematch when you never defended the title, unless you’re Cody (I still don’t understand why that happened).
Gonna Reach as far as I can to justify it

TJ vs Garbrandt 1 was one of the more popular UFC title fight obviously snake vs alpha male angle made for good promo. Cody was an undefeated champion and had just dispatched the goat of the division with ease.

So my answer is, Because it was easy.

MW division should be dissolved and fighters either choose to move up/down or deported to Bellator.

Back