Izzy receives backlash for twin towers comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont care. I just watching the fight. Its 2020 you cant say anything without people gettting offended anyway.

I don't buy this. The entire world stood still. It was a global event. Yes, the impact was greater here, but anyone with more than two brain cells would understand that the joke wasn't appropriate.
Ever heard of the comedian Pete Davidson?

His Dad actually died in the Towers on 9/11 yet he constantly makes 9/11 jokes, is he being inappropriate?

The reality is he reverenced the most dramatic, shocking and visceral example of something that seemed so invulnerable "crumbling" in resent memory.

He was talking strictly about the buildings themselves though obviously, which are inanimate objects, and meant no disrespect too the lives lost as a result.

Was it a stupid thing too say? Yeah, probably since we live in an era where people are constantly on the hunt for something to be offended by so they can express their (more often than not completely fake) moral outrage and start a social media Lynch mob over and get as much attention as they possibly can.

Even better if it's somebody in the public eye causing this emotional anguish since that will get even more attention.

Comedy is a funny thing. If your joke is funny enough, no topic is off limits. If your joke sucks, you're an asshole.

Your joke sucked Izzy, and you are what you eat.

Correct. You live or die by the quality of the joke.

Americans quickly get offended because this was their tragedy.
Quickly carry on joking about the coronavirus though.
Yea pretty much. Not saying it's ok but the same people that will cancel you over a Kobe joke were probably the same people making jokes about Princess Diana dying.

I can gas Jews because Hitler did? What Saddam did isn't relevant to what the US did. Saddam's torturing doesn't make what the US did at Abu ghraib and Guantanamo Bay less. You killed 8,000 Iraqi civilians in the initial attack. Women and children. How is Bush and his supporters any different from Osama bin Laden and his supporters?

Stop with the sectarian violence nonsense. 73% of all attacks were aimed at military targets.

Yes, we knew there was bad blood between Shiias and Sunnis in Iraq, being that the latter were oppressed by the former. We just didn't give a damn.

ISIS is nothing. A bunch of poorly armed, poorly trained combatants that are only effective where there's no functioning government. They can only exist in a power void, in this case created by the US. Iraq under Saddan, Syria, Turkey and Iran would have had no problem getting rid of them. Lets not forget that the US let ISIS wreck havoc in Syria in order to get rid of Assad. By US estimates, ISIS may be bad, but Assad is worse. Assad did more than anyone to help the Iraqi people, while the West did nothing. Assad had an open border policy against Iraq, letting refugees seek refuge. 1.2 m of them.

Sigh well it looks like this argument isn't going anywhere, when you start drawing using analogies about gassing Jews.

But then I realized you think collateral damage is equivalent to a terrorist attack, which it is not, and if you don't believe me then maybe before arguing you should educate yourself on the Geneva convention.

Because correlating the twin towers attack, to the Iraq war is ridiculous, Iraqi's were in a Warzone, and American civilians were not, Iraqi's aren't even this dumb ffs.

That's quite different reaction compare to when JJ did joke about corona virus, which also killed thousands of innocent civilians too. right sherdoggers?

Pretty sure the USA doesn't deliberately kill civilians in other countries to spread terror and fear.

And yes, groups labelled terrorists by America are in fact, terrorists

"Terrorism is defined as the threatened or actual use of illegal force and violence by a non-state actor to attain a political, economic, religious, or social goal through fear, coercion, or intimidation”. This definition recognises that terrorism is not only the physical act of an attack, but also the psychological impact it has on a society for many years after".

The only difference between the US and ISIS is that the US argue that its attacks are legal, and that since they are a state they can create political change using violence. That to me is semantics.

That's quite different reaction compare to when JJ did joke about corona virus, which also killed thousands of innocent civilians too. right sherdoggers?

Pretty sure the corona virus wasnt 2 hijacked airplanes being flown into a couple buldings containing innocent civilians. It was a stupid thing to say, I'm just not so sure it's a big deal.

I was in the area during 9-11, and was born and raised in New York.

The people who joke about 9-11 have absolutely no clue what it was like here when it all went down. Not a fucking clue.

Ohhhhh, how interesting, when its the USA being mocked tragedies and shitty occurrences aren`t cool to make fun of.

Way more people die from hunger, poverty and a bunch of other sad shit in Mexico, Brazil and a few asian countries. Yet the vast majority of you hypocrites are always up for a laugh.

STFU lol

giphy.gif

crying-america-flag-stored-in-cartoon-cupboard-WA2MT1.jpg

I hope you dont actually live in the US. If so , you could always get the fuck out, go move to some third world aids infested country.

Izzy does kinda give off that SJW, reparations crowd vibe nowadays

Izzy is just nervous. He knows he's walking into the Cuban Missile Crisis without the backing of his comrades.

I was in the area during 9-11, and was born and raised in New York.

The people who joke about 9-11 have absolutely no clue what it was like here when it all went down. Not a fucking clue.

It absolutely was a tragedy, and it would’ve been a surreal experience to have been in NYC at that time.

Tragedies are, almost routinely, mocked though. They happen all across the globe, none are out of bounds, and touching on them with something tiger than a somber tone is often just part of the human psyche of coming to terms with them.

It's a shitty thing to say but i get the sense the hate is somewhat detached, i don't feel he meant it as anything personal and more just attaching a history moment to magnify the comment, Conor could say some shit about Russia & Joanna can make fun of the Corona virus but people didn't get as triggered then. Bad thing to say but i don't think it's as bad as what Anthony Mundine said about it as when Mudine made comment about it was a lot more personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back