Media Jake Paul offered Strickland $1 mil to spar and Strickland turned it down

Jake Paul has consistently defeated Olympic level and top UFC champions. CONSISTENTLY. Put some damn respect on his name!

You really believe a HW Ngannou was anything but a friendly spar?

Werdum was pissed at Strickland and insulting him, pushing him ect, so Strickland wanted no part. This goes against everything Strickland says he stands for and pretends to be.

He runs from guys like Werdum and Paul, but gladly takes on that 130lb Youtuber, that rapper, and random civilians driving.

He could easily spar Paul for free, but choses not to because he knows it won't be just a spar where him and Paul are both going 10%
Nah man you're misreading him. Strickland isn't scared to fight anyone. He fought and sparred monsters, dominated Izzy, went at DDP in the stands, etc. That highschool story came from Werdum's mouth and no one else. Strickland may be a lot of things, coward ain't one of them.

What point are you making? Separate promotions? I think you are just ranting now.

Are you high right now? Wouldn't blame you, it's Friday night. Strickland is in the UFC. Jake is signed with the PFL. An actual fight between them is not happening, there's no point in bringing it up. The only possible way we ever see them hitting each other is the sparring session that Jake Paul is proposing.

He didn't ask for it, Jake offered it from the start and of course Sean is happy to take his money. Wouldn't you?

Huh? Jake offered a million dollars to come to his gym to spar and Sean turned down. Sean then asks Jake to come at him on the street and bring the million. It's a weak response. Just accept the sparring session dude.

if stricklands about that life he would of done it. NUFF SAID.
Big props to Tyron for going up to the UFC headquarters and spazzing out
for messing with his image/pay. 1 million dollars is life changing money just to spar.

I would make danas life an absolute nightmare if he blocked a million dollar pay day,
dana would either have to change my contract so im making 2mil or 3 million per fight,
any thing less im harassing his family, showing up to college parties looking to spar with danas kids.

Huh? Jake offered a million dollars to come to his gym to spar and Sean turned down. Sean then asks Jake to come at him on the street and bring the million. It's a weak response. Just accept the sparring session dude.
Yeah, that legal contract with the UFC is really inconvenient for him taking fights for money huh?

Are you high right now? Wouldn't blame you, it's Friday night. Strickland is in the UFC. Jake is signed with the PFL. An actual fight between them is not happening, there's no point in bringing it up. The only possible way we ever see them hitting each other is the sparring session that Jake Paul is proposing.
Dude I hope you know that Jake's boxing has nothing to do with the PFL.

The contract says nothing about sparring. Strickland literally just sparred another YouTuber. I don't even like Jake Paul but he's right here. Sean and his fans need to take this L.

Dude I hope you know that Jake's boxing has nothing to do with the PFL.

The key point everyone is missing here is Jake Paul's ownership of MVP, his own fight promotion company. That is what makes this proposition a violation of Sean's UFC contract and not the same as being a paid coach or training partner. Their contract does prevent them from engaging with other fight promoters without approval and Jake Paul is a fight promoter.

The key point everyone is missing here is Jake Paul's ownership of MVP, his own fight promotion company. That is what makes this proposition a violation of Sean's UFC contract and not the same as being a paid coach or training partner. Their contract does prevent them from engaging with other fight promoters without approval and Jake Paul is a fight promoter.
I do understand Jake owns MVP. That is why I said the PFL has nothing to do with his boxing ventures. Sean contacted Hunter Campbell regarding how to make money from their encounter. Strickland wanted to make a fight. The reply from the UFC was that Jake Paul doesn't sell PPVs. We aren't going to allow it.

Both men can spar with each other all they want. The moment both men try to monetize the sparring stream in some way then they will get a cease and desist. I don't understand why it is so difficult for some people to understand that. .

Then do it for money...a sparring session, he wouldnt have a problem with some wannabe tough guy paying him to sparr, has a problem when some people think that guy is good enough to beat him.

There is almost certainly a contractual obligation to the UFC that would prevent Strickland from accepting Jake Paul's money for a publicized sparring session...that's the entire issue here and why Strickland responded the way he did.

People are utterly delusional if they think Strickland would not take a million dollars to spar Jake, if it was that simple.

That's a good point. Didn't think of it.

I wonder if Jake Paul could "pay" Sean to be a boxing sparring partner for Paul's next fight.

Like is that allowed? (Closed doors, no footage, no profit.)

Also complete aside:

I hate how now I kinda like Jake Paul for pointing all the lies and BS coming out of Dana White's mouth.
I have no idea about the law and what kind of contracts they sign. Maybe there is something that says 'you're not allowed to make money over X amount from any type of fighting, including exhibition, sparring, training, etc, or maybe they would just give him a hard time in some way, or maybe they actually can't do anything about it. If I 'accidentally' drop a $100 on the ground, a girl picks it up, then 20 minutes later we have sex, is that prostitution? I don't know lol. I feel like if Jake wants to give him a million $, and also spar him, it should be possible

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back