Media Jake Paul offered Strickland $1 mil to spar and Strickland turned it down

That's not how analogies work, you fucking potato.

You'd best drop analogies altogether going forward as yours made no sense whatsoever

Who pays sparring partners? - Does the fighter whom is training pay sparring partners? Do they come for more than a single sparring session? Do they traditionally sign NDAs to keep yhe details of their sparring secret?
Why are you asking noob questions? Jake Paul owns his own gym and pays for sparring partners to come there and train with him. How many fighters publicly talk about how sparring went? Sean does. Jake does.

Or, does the person offer yo come in, pay a million dollars for the honor of sparring for a single session and, presumably, record video thereof? Does this seem different to you? Hmmmmm...

No shit Sherlock, it's called an incentive. Sean Strickland was champion not long ago, he's not some random sparring partner whose going to fly to Puerto Rico for no reason.

Get it through your thick head that the UFC has nothing to do with sparring, recorded or not. Sean's sparring is all over YouTube, and he's basically fighting. He's literally KO'd guys on camera.

It’s pretty obvious any paperwork that Jake’s team write up for “an opponent” to sign is complete NDA, ultra protective bubble wrap. Sean Strickland is the type of guy to fight him for real and not sign any bullshit papers. Thats why Jake won’t even spar him.

How incredible is it that you can post photos of Jutta that demonstrate what a stone Cold fox she is, and they don't even show her ass.

That would be like showing photos of Niagara falls that just showed the river above and below the falls.
By all means, rectify my error, sir.

So, all the footage we saw of him beating the skinny guy wasnt "content"??
So, did the skinny dork pay him for it?

He's a professional fighter, under contract with the UFC to fight for money on camera... you think they are going to just let him to go fight someone else for money on camera?

Seriously?

My whole premise is that they can spar whoever they want. The issue is monetizing the footage. The UFC doesn't like that. I am not even sure another sponsorship will circumvent this issue. There is this statement with Sean saying Hunter told him that Jake doesn't sell PPVs therefore this issue is dead in the water.

Jake isn't going to pay Strickland just for sparring. He wants footage of it too so he can make money. Strickland wants to make money too. I don't believe the promotion cares who Strickland spars on his free time. It's the matter of them trying to set up a payday without the promotion.

The UFC has no rights whatsoever to sparring footage. They own the fights they put on. They don't have any say with what happens in the gym.

While all true, since Jake is not only a content creator but one who has some sort of ownership or just a business interest specifically in PFL, I could definitely see the UFC being able to take punitive action regarding matchups, timing, promotion, etc...

I dunno about that angle either, mate. I don't think that's got anything to do with it - or, axratch that, it definitely has something to do with it but the clear difference here is that the "sparring partner" in jakePaul is a
You'd best drop analogies altogether going forward as yours made no sense whatsoever
[/QUOTE]

I'll make a note not to use analogies with morons. Are you actually so thick as to bring up the fact there's a gun in yhe analogy I used to say it doesn't relate?

What is your response to Forrest Gump's analogy about life being like box of chocolate? "That's ridiculous, my life isn't constructed using cocoa powder and sugar!" You dork.
Why are you asking noob questions? Jake Paul owns his own gym and pays for sparring partners to come there and train with him. How many fighters publicly talk about how sparring went? Sean does. Jake does.
[/QUOTE]
Yup. Keep at it, you're close to figuring this out!
No shit Sherlock, it's called an incentive. Sean Strickland was champion not long ago, he's not some random sparring partner whose going to fly to Puerto Rico for no reason.
Incentive for what? A single sparring session, devoid of social media content? Do you really think a, what? 45 minute sparring session, with a non ufc fighter, Is worth a million dollars? Or... bear with me here... OOOOOR... maaaaaaaybe the million dollars is to pay for something much more valuable for the person offering to pay yhe million dollars? Don't be such an idiot. Who among Jake or Sean's training partners pays THEM? nobody does. They get paid, moron.

Get it through your thick head that the UFC has nothing to do with sparring, recorded or not. Sean's sparring is all over YouTube, and he's basically fighting. He's literally KO'd guys on camera.
Right. Okay.

By all means, rectify my error, sir.
I did above, but by no means was there qn error. She's one of the most beautiful humans ever yo have lived and the fact you demonstrated that without reference to her most impressive qualities is only more impressive

Dude... come the fuck on, It's not sparring and everyone knows it. Jake would try to knock him out and Sean would try to seriously fuck him up.

It would be a legit fight with two people trying to hurt each other, for money on camera.

If he tried to pull this shit, there's no question that the UFC is going to immediately sue Sean.

Dude... come the fuck on, It's not sparring and everyone knows it. Jake would try to knock him out and Sean would seriously fuck him up.

It would be a legit fight with two people trying to hurt each other, for money on camera.

If he tried to pull this shit, there's no question that the UFC is going to immediately sue Sean.

The UFC has ZERO claim to sparring footage. You're trying to assign them power they don't have.

Right I'm totally with you!
And while you're probably spot on, there are so many different angles/methods for Jake Paul to make a ton of money off of it even if it's not a PPV.
There are but Jake Paul wants to maximize profit. He paid Woodley 2 million dollars for their match. He went the PPV route to maximize profit. I don't believe the UFC will allow them to work around this issue. The sparring footage has to be live streamed too or else it isn't going to make money.

A lot of this scenario is also situational. The UFC has a certain amount of tolerance/threshold regarding fighters making money outside of the promotion. Take onlyfans or youtube channels for example. A lot of fighters have it and the UFC has no issue. I don't think the UFC will really have an issue if a fighter decides to sell footage of their sparring on those platforms.

The fact that Jake Paul can’t just meet up and spar like a real boxer and or mma fighter without writing up legal bribes, NDA’s etc. should be very telling to anyone who still has a shred of belief in this fraud.

The UFC has no rights whatsoever to sparring footage. They own the fights they put on. They don't have any say with what happens in the gym.
They will object if a fighter is trying to put on a PPV show without the promotion. It is pretty obvious why the UFC doesn't like this.

@Stump fix your quotes, that shit is a mess. Drop the analogies already, you suck at them. Lol robbing a bank, take your L and move on.

Dana told Sean to turn it down. Didn´t want to expose his guys.

And that´s the truth, Ruth

If two fighters are hitting eachothers for money, especially when it's going to be filmed and broadcast, it's a fight.
Jake did this on purpose because he knew the UFC would shut it down. The ones falling for it are fucking marks lol

They will object if a fighter is trying to put on a PPV show without the promotion. It is pretty obvious why the UFC doesn't like this.

Who said anything about PPV? Jake Paul is offering to fly him out to his gym and spar with him. Sean's sparring footage is all over YouTube, the UFC has no claim to any of that.

The UFC has ZERO claim to sparring footage. You're trying to assign them power they don't have.
They have an exclusive contract with Sean to fight for them, for money, on camera.

You think they are not going to send the lawyers in when he tries to bypass them and fight someone for money, on camera?

There is zero chance that they wouldn't be trying to hurt each other and everyone knows it. They can try and call it "sparring" all they like but there is zero chance the UFC is allowing that without litigation.

Wouldn't he be sued? That sounds an awful lot like a de facto exhibition match.

It’s sparring. The ufc doesn’t control who you spar.
He’s beaten up random guys off the internet.

Same concept but with money. Many ufc fighters have sparred with elite boxers. This should be no big deal

Back