Jalin Turner is a weight bully..Thats all he is

Hooker stayed up.
Turner dropped down.
Hooker had a locked sub and jalin needed to get saved by the belt.

Hooker had more effect with his big shot than turner and had a near finish

A kick is flashy way more than a punches but round ain't score on flashinest its score on damage, impact and effective grappling so there is no way you can actually justify the second round for Turner
Unless your name is Adelaide Byrd…
<{Red Card}>

Imo he won, Hooker is a true warrior but his strong finish at the end of R2 wasnt enough to steal the round, R1 and R2 Tarantula, R3 Hooker, but I cant complain and say it was a robbery
A locked RNC is a much worse situation than being rocked with no knock down

Imo he won, Hooker is a true warrior but his strong finish at the end of R2 wasnt enough to steal the round, R1 and R2 Tarantula, R3 Hooker, but I cant complain and say it was a robbery
i dunno how you don't give the round to the guy who was 1 second from sinking the rnc

That's a bad loss for Turner. Hooker was a good matchup for him. A standup fighter with porous defense who's been knocked out a couple of times already. The type of guy Turner should beat if he was legit. I guess I overestimated him.
Does he keep grinding at LW or does he move up and gets murked at WW? Tough spot...

Congrats to Hooker who's been through a bad stretch lately.

Does he keep grinding at LW or does he move up and gets murked at WW? Tough spot...
He is fooked either way it seems, if he tries to stay at LW he either keeps missing weight or losing to the best guys, if he moves up he gets decimated by any legit WW.

He was made to look kinda ordinary by a guy not much smaller than him, yeah. Hooker negated a lot of his advantages and it showed.

Has he ever competed at 170 before? Once?

He's weighed in 25 times before this at lightweight and he missed by 2 pounds this time?

Man, you guys are all wrong. Fuck WW. Guy should be fined his full purse, publicly executed, and then released from the UFC. In that order
<{hfved}>

I wondered this at the time, I thought I bet this gets scored for Hooker, but I wasn't so sure.

I bet if Turner had got the decision, he would have been booed out the building and everyone would have cried robbery - but there's a legitimate argument.

Has he ever competed at 170 before?

He's weighed in 26 times before this at lightweight and he missed by 2 pounds this time?

Man, you guys are all wrong. Fuck WW. Guy should be fined his full purse, publicly executed, and then released from the UFC. In that order
<{hfved}>
6' 3" is just too tall for 155

Imagine Volkanovski vs Turner

I thought so too, although I was happy to see Hooker get the win.

Ya reminds me of that other super mediocre guy. Sean something? Way too big a frame for LW

Has he ever competed at 170 before? Once?

He's weighed in 25 times before this at lightweight and he missed by 2 pounds this time?

<{hfved}>

Agreed! If he had a history of missing weight I'd carry him to the gallows myself, but one time I can give a slight pass to.

Back