Media Jamahal Hill: Pereira "isn't even close" to my level

Reading a bunch of thslese comments, I'm surprised that the rhetoric was that Hill was the superior striker.

Was this really ever a thing, or were people just reaching, because I always viewed Poatan as an elite level striker and probably the best in the UFC at the moment.

welcome to sherdog

I agree with everything. What I said may seem harsh, but it had more to do with Perreira fans, I just don’t think he is that good. Double champ status means nothing to me, I know how he got there and how he looked, he most certainly isn’t the phenom people make him out to be. I have it 60-40 Hill which is in line with that you said.

Hill’s ego could be his downfall, but then again, I understand him. Anyone who looks honestly at the fights shoud see that there is no reason for Perreira to be the favorite, expect maybe the injury situation.
The problem is, you have been right about Pereira once in his ufc fights, whereas his fans have been right 7 times, but you have a weird superiority complex about it. Maybe you should learn from your errors instead of repeating them?

The pucker factor will be high for this fight. Either guy could go to sleep at any moment. I really want Alex to win, but I think Hill might be the better all-around striker.
based on WHAT?!?!

you've been on sherdog for 13 years, how do you get something so easy, so wrong? How in the world do you come to the conclusion that a guy with 12 pro wins in his life, with only a couple of ranked wins, is a better all around striker than someone with world titles in multiple weight classes across two different sports, including wins over 4 UFC champs???

Was Pereira's gesture after the KO a response to that comment or something else? It was a bit unusual.

jzceq1pew2xshyjcstnp.jpg

images

he was taking a dig at Adesanya

Last edited:
Reading a bunch of thslese comments, I'm surprised that the rhetoric was that Hill was the superior striker.

Was this really ever a thing, or were people just reaching, because I always viewed Poatan as an elite level striker and probably the best in the UFC at the moment.
Sherdoggers apparently have zero ability to analyze resumes and fights.

The problem is, you have been right about Pereira once in his ufc fights, whereas his fans have been right 7 times, but you have a weird superiority complex about it. Maybe you should learn from your errors instead of repeating them?
It has nothing to do with superiority complex and everything to do with my opinion and that is that results don’t tell the whole story. There are some fighters who have “journeyman” scores and I considered them better than it shows based on what I saw. Same with Perreira, his record looks great when you say double-champ, but it is how he got there (shortcuts and not being a better fighter more than once) coupled with extremely thin MMA career that makes me say that is it insulting to call him a “one of the greatest” in any context.

There are just people who worked harder for a longer time and did it better, all without shortcuts. Being a double-champ is great incredible, but that is only half the story. Same with Jordan and 6-0 argument. Really impressive, still means nothing to me without some context. Sports are not numbers. It is your path, how did you do it and for how long. That is exactly why IT IS MY OPINION that Perreira is not one of the greats. There are multitude of fighters with much more impressive careers, only difference is they have been gifted much less and have been tested much more while showing much more. Some of them are not double-champs, but like I said, it doesn’t matter to me.

But to me that is a common sense and nothing one should brag about, this is just another Conor phase, only Conor earned it more and looked better while doing it (again, my opinion).

Of course if we look at numbers and titles alone, I admit, I am dead wrong.

It has nothing to do with superiority complex and everything to do with my opinion and that is that results don’t tell the whole story. There are some fighters who have “journeyman” scores and I considered them better than it shows based on what I saw. Same with Perreira, his record looks great when you say double-champ, but it is how he got there (shortcuts and not being a better fighter more than once) coupled with extremely thin MMA career that makes me say that is it insulting to call him a “one of the greatest” in any context.

There are just people who worked harder for a longer time and did it better, all without shortcuts. Being a double-champ is great incredible, but that is only half the story. Same with Jordan and 6-0 argument. Really impressive, still means nothing to me without some context. Sports are not numbers. It is your path, how did you do it and for how long. That is exactly why IT IS MY OPINION that Perreira is not one of the greats. There are multitude of fighters with much more impressive careers, only difference is they have been gifted much less and have been tested much more while showing much more. Some of them are not double-champs, but like I said, it doesn’t matter to me.

But to me that is a common sense and nothing one should brag about, this is just another Conor phase, only Conor earned it more and looked better while doing it (again, my opinion).

Of course if we look at numbers and titles alone, I admit, I am dead wrong.

Yeah, I put Fedor in that category. Sure, he won for a long time, but I FELT like he wasn't as good as the people that he legitimately beat, so the wins don't count. I will not elaborate on my criteria.

Yeah, I put Fedor in that category. Sure, he won for a long time, but I FELT like he wasn't as good as the people that he legitimately beat, so the wins don't count. I will not elaborate on my criteria.
That is a disrespectul comparsion by all acounts. I am just saying that we could have many more double-champs if they will be granted what Perreira was granted.

But oh well, we won’t agree and we don’t need to so there is no point in continuing.

That is a disrespectul comparsion by all acounts. I am just saying that we could have many more double-champs if they will be granted what Perreira was granted.

But oh well, we won’t agree and we don’t need to so there is no point in continuing.
I was intentionally being disrespectful, in response to how ridiculous you are being. I thought it was kind of overt.

I was intentionally being disrespectful, in response to how ridiculous you are being. I thought it was kind of overt.
I understood that, I just have nothing to gain by acknowledging mockery.

Hes right tbh.

The best 4 LHWs in the world are(not in order)Hill, Ankalaev, Nemkov and Corey Anderson.

Alex is riding his lucky wins over Izzy to being a double champ. Its the same con Izzy tried and failed to pull. But its a con job nontheless.
Did Alex get Hill spot now?

Back