Rumored Jamahal Hill vs Israel Adesanya is being worked on

what’s better for business an English speaking knockout artist or a Russian speaking decision machine

don’t get me wrong - it’s not fair …. But that’s the fighting and entertainment business
UFC records

Izzy finished 5 out of 15 fights
Ank 5 out of 11

I think

Last edited:
UFC records

Izzy finished 5 out of 15 fights
And 5 out of 11

I think

true but 2 of those were horrible middleweights …. Prachnnio and Luigi ….plus smith was an injury … and 2 Vs cutelaba …. That’s the 5 finishes right there - not overly impressive

they gave him multiple opportunity to have a break through comjng out party …. Against santos main event - stinker …. Krylov - stinker … Paul
Craig - he lost …. Jan - stinker …..

Believe me I agree he’s top shelf and could be champ on any given day …. But he’s done himself no favors either

And even with those 5-11 finishes he still has almost 50 percent decision rate ….including 50 percent decisions in lower level promotions ….

no arguement can be made that he’s exciting …. He’s just effective … and there’s nothing wrong with that but it’s not what ufc wants

true but 2 of those were horrible middleweights …. Prachnnio and Luigi ….plus smith was an injury … and 2 Vs cutelaba …. That’s the 5 finishes right there - not overly impressive

they gave him multiple opportunity to have a break through comjng out party …. Against santos main event - stinker …. Krylov - stinker … Paul
Craig - he lost …. Jan - stinker …..

Believe me I agree he’s top shelf and could be champ on any given day …. But he’s done himself no favors either

And even with those 5-11 finishes he still has almost 50 percent decision rate ….including 50 percent decisions in lower level promotions ….

no arguement can be made that he’s exciting …. He’s just effective … and there’s nothing wrong with that but it’s not what ufc wants
5 out of 11 is a decision machine.
5 out of 15 is KO artist?
That was my point.

Ugh I called it. Israel is terrified Alex P will become LHW champ before he does.

Alex should’ve never given Izzy a 4th try and just moved up to LHW right away.

LOL, Alex is a jelly fish in Izzy's ocean. Alex has no choice in anything having to do with Izzy. Izzy gifted Alex a VIP fast pass allowing him to skip the line and Alex had the time of his life getting a taste of Izzy's lifestyle.

Unfortunately that VIP experience went straight to Alex's head, forgetting he had only received it as a gift. Feeling entitled and wanting to keep this ride going walks straight to the front of the VIP line and even tries to shove the first person in line out of the way to take their spot, not even realizing it was Izzy who promptly puts him to sleep takes back his property and bans him and his family from the park.

5 out of 11 is a decision machine.
5 out of 15 is KO artist?
That was my point.

hill isn’t 5-15 … he’s 5 out of his last 6 by knockout

I never said Izzy is a knockout artist …. I said ufc prefers an English speaking knockout artist as champ (hill)

Where is Jiri?

Jan is promised a title shot if he beats Alex. So, I'm assuming the same for Alex, if he beats Jan.

Jiri out for another year or something??

Jiri probably has not fully recovered. Needs more time off to heal that terrible shoulder injury he had.

I like this fight.

Don't want to see either lose though..

Definitely have to take Izzy in this one, his precision is on another level atm.

Perhaps the Perreira loss re-focused him, Izzy via TKO round 4.

Watching Hill get in there and smash Izzy would be glorious. I think Izzy is pushing for this fight because he believes it to be easiest though. Hill gets no respect but anybody who could do that to Glover is the real deal.

Why would this be the UFC’s big plan? And if they were desperate for the rematch, why not just book it right now at 185? It’s the exact same fight; the only difference here would be the weight cut.
because if the LHW title is involved it can be even bigger.

Might as well move the party to 205lbs. Alex, Izzy, Hill, Jan make for good matches...I hope Izzy wins and vacates MW, no Alex at MW means zero competition there for the champ, let the failed challengers scrabble to get the belt while the 2 most recent MW champs invigorate LHW along with a returning Jiri and the ever dangerous Walker.

It’s weird hearing hill as a champion still. Lhw use to be literally top 3 talent rich division, some would even say the top division in ufc/mma. Crazy how far it has fallen, people use to say it was the Jon Jones effect that he was just so good he made his competition look weak but we can all see it lhw has never been weaker.
Put some respect on champs name he makes easy work of izzy

mma ufc is not a sport its totally arbitrare by this goof, rankings are totally worthless.

People actually thought Izzy was gonna settle for defending his title against someone who hasn't earned it when he just as much so can justify his own titleshot in the weightclass above.

The guy who is the biggest draw with Jon, now that Conor is basically done will get what he wants.

It's always been this way

Yes, I understand the how and why, it doesn't change the fact that I object.

Hahaha such a perfect summary.

I feel this way about a lot of the matchmaking recently, but I am once again forced to remind myself that it's entertainment, not a real sport.

I'm also not sure where this puts Ank? I guess he either is forced to fight backwards as punishment (kind of how Jan is having to fight AP), or he suddenly gets an "injury" and some hush money from the UFC to sit out until they get through their Izzy/AP 3 plan.

Hill proved he’s legit with how he beat Glover in such a one sided way, the same Glover who took Jiri to a life and death fight and manhandled Jan with ease, the same Jan who outstruck and held Izzy down to beat him. I know MMA math doesn’t work but this is not light work for Izzy, he might get knocked out by Hill. Izzy does not fight as well against guys his own size or bigger than him.
Really? Izzy looked pretty good against the Glory LHW champion

People actually thought Izzy was gonna settle for defending his title against someone who hasn't earned it when he just as much so can justify his own titleshot in the weightclass above.

The guy who is the biggest draw with Jon, now that Conor is basically done will get what he wants.

It's always been this way

Didn't Khamzat earn it?

He's got 5m+ followers on insta. He's a super compelling matchup. He beat the number 2 guy in the 170 division and was due for a title shot.

Because he hasn't beat a ranked guy at 185 despite being 4-0 at MW (2-0 ufc)? Sure, that's fair.

But then you see why it's a tough argument to suggest that the gameplan instead be to give Izzy a shot at 205 where he hasn't beaten a ranked guy and he is already 0-1?

Back