Media "Jan is jealous I'm making more money than him"- Corey Anderson

if bellator put all their top draws on the same card, it might warrant a ppv, maybe. if that doesnt tell u a lot then idk what to say...
Why do you seem personally invested in shitting on Bellator? It’s ok to like other organizations. I liked Pride way more than the UFC, doesn’t mean I ran around saying UFC sucks. So what they don’t pull huge numbers, enjoy the fights

No the current UFC heavyweight champion has said recently he makes more money off sponsors than the UFC pays him
He’s literally never fought as the champ yet. I’ve seen numerous posts that somehow seem to omit that fact. Disingenuous to say the least.

And if he’s making such great sponsor money why is he crying about borrowing money? Something doesn’t add up here.

A guy I know tried to sponsor Eddie Alvarez back when he was a Bellator champ. He told me the going rate at that time was $25,000 per month whether he was fighting or not. That was per sponsor. That's purely hearsay, but the guy ran a fight athletics brand, and he had no reason to BS the subject so I assumed he was shooting me straight.

If that was accurate: Factoring inflation, and 3 or 4 sponsors, plus 2-3 months between fights, he could be pretty close to Jans disclosed pay for the Izzy fight, but then there are PPV points.

I'd say Jam is comfortably doing better, but Anderson is probably doing way better than he'd do in the UFC.

It really isn't. And if it is it's never been more relevant. In the early 2010s it really was a joke. While I don't think Bellator's roster would win a merger like Strikeforce's did IMO it's never been closer to the UFC in terms of talent.

No one won the merger besides the Ufc. You dont win a merger when you get bought out. No one even knows what strikeforce was at this point.

Also Bellator sucks. It gets worse ratings than any major mma org in mma history.

No one won the merger besides the Ufc. You dont win a merger when you get bought out. No one even knows what strikeforce was at this point.

Also Bellator sucks. It gets worse ratings than any major mma org in mma history.

I was referring to how the former Strikeforce talent performed in the UFC relative to Pride.

You're talking about profit not the product. By this logic ONE is the best MMA promotion because it's market will eventually surpass the UFC's.

I was referring to how the former Strikeforce talent performed in the UFC relative to Pride.

You're talking about profit not the product. By this logic ONE is the best MMA promotion because it's market will eventually surpass the UFC's.

Based on what will Onefc pass the Ufc? At this point they are losing money.

Strikeforce talent was great but they didnt win anything. They ceased to exist. Most of the guys who excelled in the Ufc were prospects that the Ufc cultivated into stars. The biggest Strikeforce stars Diaz, Gil, and Fedor did nothing in the Ufc.

Based on what will Onefc pass the Ufc? At this point they are losing money.

Strikeforce talent was great but they didnt win anything. They ceased to exist. Most of the guys who excelled in the Ufc were prospects that the Ufc cultivated into stars. The biggest Strikeforce stars Diaz, Gil, and Fedor did nothing in the Ufc.

At this point.

Those weren't Strikeforces best fighters. Those were their best STARs(who cares if someones a star or not)? Gil was the worst performing Strikeforce champ. At 170 and 185 Strikeforce fighters dominated their UFC counterparts, DC became a star at LHW/HW. Then there's Ronda.

corey is better fighter... it makes sense for him to make more money

Feel like a statement like this from Corey, is trying to convince himself he made the right choice moving to Bellator. Stay on your lane and focus on winning Bellator belt before claiming being the best in the world.

No the current UFC heavyweight champion has said recently he makes more money off sponsors than the UFC pays him

Yes but I think that's more due to sponsorships on social media than anything else. I don't think a logo on the shorts is worth as much when a fighter can insta direct advertisements to hundreds of thousands of followers.

Reactions: Isa

Jan x Adesanya pay

FCpQmDxX0AgL3y2

Jan x Reyes pay

FCpQUcQXIA4D31-

Corey x Bader pay

View attachment 887027

Is Corey really making hundreds of thousands in sponsors or is he just blatantly lying knowing that Jan has a viscous KO win over him, is the current champ in the superior promotion, and is making more money than him?

he's starting to pitch for the rematch lol everyone knows Corey is lying tho

Well I don’t see it on tv or general life, while I have seen Joanna on national tv sports and on store billboards

are you Polish?
I never compared the two. Joanna is obviously the bigger star because she was the first Polish UFC champion for a long period of time. I just wanted to point out that Jan is still getting a lot of recognition because you made it sound like he's not. I assume the movie in which he starred was or will be in cinema, Ninja Warrior was obviously in TV and all the sponsors appear in his social media. I'm sure he's making a hefty amount of money thanks to that and with every title defense it will be even bigger.

Have you seen Bellator's numbers since they moved to Showtime? The last card he was on only got 90K views. There is no way sponsors are throwing 6 figures at fighters that are barely getting any exposure.
Yeah I think people overestimate the sponsorship opportunities in Bellator. UFC on ESPN 28 card averaged 10x more viewers than Bellator 263, which was headlined by a FW title fight featuring two of the best fighters in the promotion.

Back