Media "Jan is jealous I'm making more money than him"- Corey Anderson

Yea I don't believe he's making more money than a ufc champ.

Sounds like he makes about as much as Namajunas tho, which is bullshit. Rose deserves more cash.

Yeah I think people overestimate the sponsorship opportunities in Bellator. UFC on ESPN 28 card averaged 10x more viewers than Bellator 263, which was headlined by a FW title fight featuring two of the best fighters in the promotion.

You guys are underestimating sponsors.

In college on 5 different occasions we got Miller to sponsor parties for us. We're talking $5000 in free booze, a bunch of decorations and prizes. Easily ever party costed over $10K. And that was for a bunch of college kids throwing parties that won't break 500 people. Imagine if you can get 100K eyes on you how many sponsors would be drooling for the opportunity for you to show off their brand.

When I saw the reported payouts from Bellator I was not impressed, seems like Corey is embellishing on the amount of money he is making now, although I don't doubt he makes significantly more from sponsorships in Bellator.
The official payouts for the UFC and Bellator have never been accurate. No one but the fighters and the promoters know what the fighters are making. Both promotions have different financial incentives for the fighters.

You guys are underestimating sponsors.

In college on 5 different occasions we got Miller to sponsor parties for us. We're talking $5000 in free booze, a bunch of decorations and prizes. Easily ever party costed over $10K. And that was for a bunch of college kids throwing parties that won't break 500 people. Imagine if you can get 100K eyes on you how many sponsors would be drooling for the opportunity for you to show off their brand.

You could argue that ironically the UFC's lack of room for sponsorship arguably makes Bellator more valuable to sponsors.

I still think part of the reason the UFC clamped down on this wasnt just that they were after more money but that they were after more power. Fighters having direct relationships with their sponsors makes them more powerful as they have an income stream independant of the promoter, the current system fighters cant build up those relationships as easily and are left more dependant on thje UFC handouts.

All this money talk I've been seeing from Corey for months and he's making $100k/$100k?

wtf lmao

Unless he got a multimillion dollar signing bonus? If so, Scott Coker needs talking to.

I wouldve held on to Anderson just to see if his style changed/ evolved a bit. I guess they looked at him in the way they did Phil [ Davis ]. Ironically both could win or lose to Jan, Jiri or any current " top " UFC 205er. Mousasi the only " true" brainfart , although they did counter with a " competitive " offer in 27th hour ( as in 90 day nego over and day 91 ,they tried to match offer- their right ) but it was too late. The damage was done.

That one, I'll never understand as Gegard wasnt asking the world. He finished out his contract by wrecking 5 in a row and the top 3 middle went to greener pastures .
In hindsight- what couldve been.

You could argue that ironically the UFC's lack of room for sponsorship arguably makes Bellator more valuable to sponsors.

I still think part of the reason the UFC clamped down on this wasnt just that they were after more money but that they were after more power. Fighters having direct relationships with their sponsors makes them more powerful as they have an income stream independant of the promoter, the current system fighters cant build up those relationships as easily and are left more dependant on thje UFC handouts.
Yep the more money fighters have access to the less they need the UFC and can be controlled by them.

You'd have to be stupid to think he made more in two fights than 15 fights combined in UFC. But you know, those 90k viewers bring in the real bucks.

When I saw the reported payouts from Bellator I was not impressed, seems like Corey is embellishing on the amount of money he is making now, although I don't doubt he makes significantly more from sponsorships in Bellator.

Myles Jury has a video about sponsor money in Bellator, for his main event fight he made 8K.

You'd have to be stupid to think he made more in two fights than 15 fights combined in UFC. But you know, those 90k viewers bring in the real bucks.
Not just "more", "twice as much".
...and there's people who believe him, even though it's 10000000% bullshit. In order for his story to be plausible he'd have to have been paid 5k or less for 14/15 UFC bouts.

Apparently, the ability to add numbers = UFC shill.

Schilling for UFC. Poor you. They actually have you convinced they literally have all the best talent.
Shilling for Bellator. Poor you. They actually have you convinced they (incorrect use of literally) have any talent. ;)

Myles Jury has a video about sponsor money in Bellator, for his main event fight he made 8K.

For some fighters I think they can make a decent amount but for the rest I think people on here dont have a clue how it really is out there for sponsors esp in a second tier org that gets limited viewers/media coverage.

Bendo and Rory for his debut said he got more from Reebok than he got in Bellator. Maybe someone like Cyborg or someone in a certain market could get paid but for reg guy they aint making shit.

Bellator is good for fighters in the middle who can potentially break out on their own. Their business model can't support top paying guys.

Money really isn't everything. I kinda lowkey hope Corey comes back to the UFC so they can do a rubber match. IDK, I just don't like the cut of that man's jib...

The classic Connor defence.

He brutally koed me but I make more.

Except in this case you don't.

For some fighters I think they can make a decent amount but for the rest I think people on here dont have a clue how it really is out there for sponsors esp in a second tier org that gets limited viewers/media coverage.

Bendo and Rory for his debut said he got more from Reebok than he got in Bellator. Maybe someone like Cyborg or someone in a certain market could get paid but for reg guy they aint making shit.

I think the whole "make a lot from sponsors in Bellator" is BS.
There is no proof other than posters wishful thinking.
The marketing just isnt there. IIRC when Pitbull was champ champ he had 130K followers on social media.
Sponsors are not going to pay out the ass for that, they pay for exposure.

Back