Joanna got one more fight in her UFC contract, wants BIG money to re-sign

A rematch with Weili would have huge ratings. If it ends up being a war like the first one, she could get a nice contract, whether she won or not.

There's a thing called leverage which she doesn't have anymore. You can't go 2-4 and expect "big money." Especially in the women's division they will just move on without her.

MY THEORY—They gave Edson Barboza a bump. As long as Joanna is willing to fight people below her in the rankings— that will allow matchmakers to build stars in the division— they would be willing to give her a bump. Her name still has value but not so much if she is only fighting title fights

She deserves something gracious. Being fair, to her, should be some pretty substantial money.

Joanna has consistently delivered for the UFC. She carried a division for some time, has been active on social media, promotes fights well, did TUF, has a solid fan base, and gives us fights like the one vs Zhang (which was recent).

Send her into retirement comfortable, she earned it for all the hard work.
KeenNearGuanaco-small.gif

She moves no needles. Be it ppv numbers or erections.

I wouldn’t say that. Of the 700ish active fighters on the roster she has to be among the TOP 20 or 30 (top 5%) most popular stars. That has to have monetary value to company.

You can't really renegotiate as a champion. If you try to sit out, Dana and fans will reem you out and you might get stripped. And you can't leave because of the champion's clause. Obviously, winning fights helps you in negotiations, but a belt probably hurts you more since it nullifies your most potent leverage, free agency. Joanna probably has more leverage, or at worst the same, as when she defended the belt in MSG.

In mma, bargaining power and winning a belt don't exactly overlap, and they even clash. It's backwards compared to most sports.
Agreed, best case scenario is you get to #1 contender status and either get a new contract before title fight or test free agency. Once you're the champion you're stuck in that promotion and contract.

She deserves something gracious. Being fair, to her, should be some pretty substantial money.

Joanna has consistently delivered for the UFC. She carried a division for some time, has been active on social media, promotes fights well, did TUF, has a solid fan base, and gives us fights like the one vs Zhang (which was recent).

Send her into retirement comfortable, she earned it for all the hard work.
Unfortunately, " fair" doesnt factor into it.
I've said this so many times- wmma will continue to be a big part of UFC cause it fits into the business in 2021. I dont say that cause women dont deserve more - hey- more power to women to get what they can get.
I think joanna going to be disappointed .JJ only getting older and if she thinks the UFC going to make her some " highly paid figure" ..... I just dont see it happening.

Itll be interesting how this plays out. She could end up somewhere else and I really dont think - in the big picture- the UFC really cares.They already got her best years.

There's a thing called leverage which she doesn't have anymore. You can't go 2-4 and expect "big money." Especially in the women's division they will just move on without her.
Like I said, obviously better to negotiate coming off wins. But it's also probably easier easier negotiate without a belt since you can actually fight out your contract and test tree agency.

Every fighter declines and getting beat up isn’t as appealing as kicking ass. That’s why they all want more money after they were on top. And they resent the promoter in the end because the promotion moves on. It’s the same story every time and increasing fighter pay won’t change this biological fact that people get older but the ufc doesn’t have a time limit.

She is small. She picked a good size. Makes that weigh cut more difficult also.
Bah, if its about weight cut, then dont do it.

If its about looks, girls her size have had massive tits and looked incredible without looking circus-like.

Delusional. Stay retired. She doesn't deserve more money for getting her ass kicked in 4 out of her last 6 fights. Look at who her wins are, Waterson and Torres? She can't even hang in the UFC. She should fight a can and run to Bellator.

And to be clear, she doesn't deserve a rematch with Rose or Weili.

What has the world come to where some fat neckbeard living in his mom's basement thinks he decides what a pro athlete "deserves" lol

Dana called. He wants his cock sleeve back.

The fuck are you on about? She's dominated everyone except Weili and Rose. She's the clear number 3 in the division and it's not even close. She demolished Esparza, beat Gadelha twice, dominated Andrade. She arguably beat Weili and put on the best women's fight of all time. She's the most dominant champ in that division. (I know she lost so Shevchenko but that was in flyweight). She would dominate Dern and Ridriguez to probably. I could see her loose to Tatiana but I see her as the favorite in that fight to. Why the hell would UFC cut one of the most skilled and entertaining fighters on the roster with a big social media following?

Her last fight was a split decision for the title, it's not like she's getting blown out the water she's having very close fights with the elite of the division.

Well I appear to have rustled some jimmies. Sorry JJ superfans, your girl sucks, wants more money than she's worth, and you're as delusional as she is. Let's get some facts straight.

Dear god, her last fight I thought her head might pop and leave brain matter all over the octagon. "She arguably beat Weili?" Oh my god, did you have a straight face while you said that?

She doesn't "dominate" anyone. She puts on boring snoozefests that go to decision because of her reach and little pitter patter punches can get through to soccer moms with no head movement. Last 6 wins decisions.

If Dana sends her packing after her next fight, even if she wins yet another boring decision against a can, I would agree with Dana. And I hate the F'ing pink goof.

She's gotta go get a big win first. But she has been saying she only wants Rose or Zhang. Gonna be waiting, and not really deserving of Rose at all. I could see the Zhang rematch now. Would love for her to fight Marina.

I can see this ending badly for her, more than likely they make her fight some beast up and comer and cut her when she loses, like Tito.

So whos her other big money leverage organization?

How about you fight to bring your name back up? War or no war, she's lost her fighting spirit after moving to ATT.
Compare her speed and ferocity in her defenses before moving to ATT and her fights after, including the fight with Weilli.

You want big money then bring the money in, at the very least show that you deserve to stay on the top by decisively winning with someone from the top 10.

jjj fight someone is getting fucked up there is no middle ground let her bang

I guess KSW will pay enough for her.

Back