Opinion Joe Biden is the greatest president of the past 20 years

Bush, Obama, Trump. These are the world leaders who have kept us in Afghanistan for the past 20 years. Biden has a terrible track record, but he wasn't in charge and he got us out as president.

Trump negotiated a withdrawl and ceasefire, the Taliban violated it immediately and Trump proceeded to bomb the shit out of them in response. It amazes me how semi current events just go by the wayside for most of you.

Trump negotiated a withdrawl and ceasefire, the Taliban violated it immediately and Trump proceeded to bomb the shit out of them in response. It amazes me how semi current events just go by the wayside for most of you.
I already brought up the Taliban violating it but he's avoiding that post for some mysterious reason.

I already brought up the Taliban violating it but he's avoiding that post for some mysterious reason.

Because he tried to come in here with some woke-esque post and is doing nothing more than revealing that he's little more than a child who doesn't actually pay attention.

I did address it. It's the stupidest fucking thing I've ever read. The American Intelligence Community has been saying the same thing about the ability of the Afghan Government and military for 20 years, that without American military presence it will collapse totally in a matter of hours. Biden even went on TV to lie about exactly that not two weeks ago. You must have missed it.

The Afghanistan papers from the Washington Post show that military officials lied about Afghanistan and manipulated statistics for decades, all while statements like this were being made to the public:

"The days of the Taliban are over. The future of Afghanistan belongs to the people of Afghanistan." - Bush 2006

"We are prevailing" Army Maj. Gen. Robert Durbin, 2007

"We're winning" -Army Maj. Gen. Benjamin Freakley, 2007

"Can the enemy win it? Absolutely no way." - General Jeffrey Schloesser 2008

"This army and this police force have been very, very effective in combat against the insurgents every single day," - Lt. Gen. Milley 2013

U.S. soldiers were instructed to ignore the molesting and raping of young boys by our Afghan allies and other war crimes. The entire thing was based on lies.

He caved and passed the buck, leaving the withdrawal to the next administration. You're a partisan hack. You want to give credit to Trump but not Biden. Stop being a hypocrite.

I didn't vote for him. I thought he would perpetuate the status quo. There are many things he has done that I've disagreed with. But he's the only president that has had the courage to pull out of Afghanistan, with the mainstream media, military leadership, and political establishment all being against it. I really can't believe I'm saying this about Sleepy Joe. Of all the candidates he's the last person I expected this from.

Losing a war sucks. But we've been losing for the past 20 years. This is Vietnam all over again. We poured hundreds of billions of dollars into a fake Afghan government and it immediately collapsed. No amount of staying there would have changed that. The military and government have lied to us for 20 years about what was going on there.

Are there things in hindsight we could have done differently to minimize the consequences? Sure. But military intelligence and leadership has been incredibly incompetent this entire time, there's no reason to believe a different president would have handled this better or even left in the first place. Obama promised to get us out and he caved to the establishment. Trump promised to get us out and he caved and passed the buck. This is the best we could ever get.
political establishment

Biden is part of it.

iu

I thought Democrats cared about people? What about the people that were hanging on and falling off of American planes as they left Afghanistan? Since when is money more important than people to you folks?

Pulling out of a country and allowing it to be completely taken over by terrorists in a day is not a very good decision. That's as dumb as spending 100k in parts to restore an old car, only to give up on the project before it's done and then sell it for 5k. No one would applaud you for that.

The Afghanistan papers from the Washington Post show that military officials lied about Afghanistan and manipulated statistics for decades, all while statements like this were being made to the public:

"The days of the Taliban are over. The future of Afghanistan belongs to the people of Afghanistan." - Bush 2006

"We are prevailing" Army Maj. Gen. Robert Durbin, 2007

"We're winning" -Army Maj. Gen. Benjamin Freakley, 2007

"Can the enemy win it? Absolutely no way." - General Jeffrey Schloesser 2008

"This army and this police force have been very, very effective in combat against the insurgents every single day," - Lt. Gen. Milley 2013

U.S. soldiers were instructed to ignore the molesting and raping of young boys by our Afghan allies and other war crimes. The entire thing was based on lies.

Oh.... So like... Biden would have known all this when he lied about it earlier this month, correct?

He caved and passed the buck, leaving the withdrawal to the next administration. You're a partisan hack. You want to give credit to Trump but not Biden. Stop being a hypocrite.

No, he bombed the shit out an enemy that violated an agreement. It has nothing to do with "caving".

His competition is 3 of the worst presidents your country have ever seen and he's currently 8 months in.

I thought Democrats cared about people? What about the people that were hanging on and falling off of American planes as they left Afghanistan? Since when is money more important than people to you folks?

Pulling out of a country and allowing it to be completely taken over by terrorists in a day is not a very good decision. That's as dumb as spending 100k in parts to restore an old car, only to give up on the project before it's done and then sell it for 5k. No one would applaud you for that.

What about the thousands of American deaths due to this war? What about the 100 thousand Afghan deaths? What about the little boys who were raped by our allies? Should we invade Saudi Arabia too? You have selective outrage and on top of that you're committing the sunken cost fallacy. You'd have us keep throwing billions of dollars and wasted lives at a failed project.

No, Biden/Harris actually did a horrible job here. Getting out of there isn't why people are laughing and ridiculing his incompetence, it's the way it was done and the chaos that ensued and that there was no expectation or preparation for.

Back