Joe Rogan completely self obsessed and annoying (Curtis Blaydes vs Jailton Almeida) UFC 299

Rogan has always been a personality I had to put up with, to watch the sport I love to watch. It’s weird how that works. He really never grew on me at any point over the years.

Last edited:
That wasn’t bad, I didn’t care about it

But the zooming in on the calf of cutelaba was infuriating

"even after DC said that there wasnt an uppercut"
tbf that's more of a confirmation that there WAS an uppercut

Meh. I thought the same thing. His body slumped similar to fedor against hendo. So I was sure that the punch did the same. The elbows finished it.

Rogan does seem to get overly obsessed with certain things (usually if he likes a fighter) .

I like Wonderboy Thompson, very good fighter and nice guy, but Rogan goes hysterical every time he throws a basic leg kick, but when the opponents lands flush shots to Thompsons face, Rogan just ignores it and keeps going on about a leg kick that Thompson threw.
Or every time a fighter goes for an ill-advised leg lock, Rogan acts as if they're knee deep in shit and about to have their knee fucked.

It did seem Jailton got caught with a short uppercut on his way to the shot. It kind of made sense, why would he tank 20 hammerfists to the face if he wasnt rocked?

From the replay they were looking at when Joe first said anything about the "Uppercut" it did look like it landed and Almedia's head looks to drop. When they saw the other angles it looked like it didn't land. It only makes sense to ask Blaydes. Not sure how you can conclude Joe was Self Obsessed. You sound as if you are a little Obsessed with Joe and seem to be looking for things to complain about.

It did seem like he was already rocked on the way in. Obviously it wasn't an uppercut but I do wonder if the sprawl was so heavy that it may have hit Jailton in the head on the way in. It really did seem like Jailton was hurt for a split second before the hammer fists even began.

I thought it was an uppercut, he had the right to be confused.

Meh. I thought the same thing. His body slumped similar to fedor against hendo. So I was sure that the punch did the same. The elbows finished it.

tbh I thought the same thing, it did look like an uppercut at first

This. There's plenty of things to hate on Rogan for if you're so inclined, but this wasn't one of them. In the moment it looked like Jailton was rocked when he shot in, and given that he wasn't, it seemed bizarre he'd choose to just stay there while getting pounded on. IIRC someone on the broadcast rightfully called it a rookie mistake.

"HE'S HURT"
"OHHHHHH"
"look at that leg"

when are they gonna give us the option of turning the commentary off./ i might actually pay for a PPV if that were the case

Joe has a weird personality trait where he becomes hyperfocused on something and can't drop it. A good example of that was the ice spill incident in addition to this uppercut. He does it almost every time commentating. He also creates a lot of false narratives and tries to stick with it. That same night, he kept talking about how Poirier was gassed from going for guillotines.

Rogan was a decent commentator in the early days when it was slim pickings, but he's probably one of the worsts at this point. He's also not very knowledgeable of undercard fighters and clearly doesn't do his homework.

I totally get ya, TS.

I can’t stand when people double down and stone wall if they make a mistake / or wrong. Nobody is right all the time. Everyone makes mistakes. Some people just can’t let it go without trying to drum up some reasoning behind their mistake, when no one really gives a fuck. Is it really that hard to be in the wrong, admit it, and move on?

Joe has a weird personality trait where he becomes hyperfocused on something and can't drop it. A good example of that was the ice spill incident in addition to this uppercut. He does it almost every time commentating. He also creates a lot of false narratives and tries to stick with it. That same night, he kept talking about how Poirier was gassed from going for guillotines.
It sounds like he’s got Aspergers.

I mute a lot of top fights when Rogan is commenting.

Rogan is about the luckiest guy in the world.
He joined a company that grew 10.000% and he just got the clout from it, despite being below average in all he does.

The whole bit when Joe kept saying he thought Curtis Blaydes caught Jailton Almeida coming in with an uppercut.

It was pretty obvious that it wasnt the case and it was a similar KO to Travis Browne vs Josh Barnett back in the day.

But Joe just wouldnt let it go, asks the people controlling the broadcast to show the clip again in slomo - even after DC said that there wasnt an uppercut.

THEN..

Joe goes into the cage and the first thing he asks Curtis is whether he hit Almeida with an uppercut and Curtis says No.

--

Was very annoying listen to Joe doing all this purely because he cant accept that he was wrong.

*As a side note i saw Joe Rogan perform comedy live and when he came out he was legit 5'4 lol
Nope. I thought he did too and it’s important to ask these. I’m sorry nobody loved you enough as a child that you get mad when others flex power to make their desires real.

Go open a bar

Rogan is about the luckiest guy in the world.
He joined a company that grew 10.000% and he just got the clout from it, despite being below average in all he does.
Prove it. Go start your own show and do what he does if hes so bad at it

That's Rogan for you. He can be extra stubborn on a topic and then when proven wrong he slyly throws it under the rug and moves to something else.

Back