Media Joe Rogan "Ilia Topuria REJECTED Fight Offer Against Alexander Volkanovski At UFC 305: Perth"

Far too many rematches in UFC title fights the last few years. I like Volk but it was not a split decision, it was a KO finish in round 2.. no instant rematch all the time please. Volk needs to take some time off as well, a couple of KO loses in a row. Plenty of other top contenders for Topuria to fight.

Ilia is going to hold out for O'Malley isn't he...
I'd like Volk to take more time off anyway

I don’t see how Volk deserves a rematch period, much less in his backyard.

Good move by Topuria.

Ilia is going to hold out for O'Malley isn't he...
I'd like Volk to take more time off anyway
Nah he told Suga to go beat Merab and he'd consider it. Recently I think he's been talking about a fight with Islam. Not that the UFC would make that fight anytime soon.

Nah he told Suga to go beat Merab and he'd consider it. Recently I think he's been talking about a fight with Islam. Not that the UFC would make that fight anytime soon.
Ilia's grappling is good but I think Islam is too physical for him, he's as big as most welterweights.
I'm hoping to see Diego Lopes work his way up to a shot, I want the divisions back moving again, not all the champs trying to fight eachother and holding up divisions for years.

I guess Volk deserves a rematch, probably the GOAT FW coming off his first loss. Seems like a great chance for Topuria to make some dough and defend his belt to me
No, he took off to lightweight while keeping his FW in a failed bid. He held up the division lomg enough. If he still belongs then he needs a win to show that. Should be no problem, right?

Max should be first in line as long as his recovery time from the Gaethje fight isn't too long. Volk can get a direct rematch but he should wait on the sidelines to recover the KO

What I wanna see is Volk vs Arnold Allen or Movsar Evloev, but seeing as Volk hasn't lost at FW before Topuria, he does deserve a direct rematch

I think Ortega has been looking for a fight, War Ortega. Sign the contract Topuria.

On one hand, a newly minted champ shouldn't be rejecting a legit fight. On the other hand, why should Ilia fight a guy he just put to sleep on his turf in front of a hostile crowd?

But I think it's fair to say a title fight against Max or another top contender like Ortega would be more interesting than an immediate rematch the UFC seems to love these days

Ortega, lol.

Ilia seems like a really douchey champ. No one's worthy of fighting him according to him.

Now with that said, I'm not necessarily disappointed this fight didn't get made. Volk has been KO'd in back to back fights. Seems ridiculous to give him another title fight right now.

Maybe that would be the case if Volk had not lost two other fights at 155, so actually lost 3 of his last 4 fights, That makes his case much harder to make.

I think if they actually make Volk v Topuria they'd be ignoring the LW stint and focusing just on the FW streak, ehh they're promoters and can figure this stuff out.

2nd loss*, Aldo didnt got one either and he had more title defenses + WEC champion.

I meant his first loss at FW to be clear. And yeah Aldo deserved to rematch McGregor, for some reason he decided to go up to WW though.
No, he took off to lightweight while keeping his FW in a failed bid. He held up the division lomg enough. If he still belongs then he needs a win to show that. Should be no problem, right?

Volk didn't hold up the division for as long as some fighters have in the past. Also he's got gigantic balls for taking on Islam as well (twice), I feel that deserves a bit of respect.

i wouldnt want to fight in australia either. from what i understand the fighters paychecks are taxed to living fuck.
From what I heard, the benefit hits you once you file it as credits/deductions from your taxes

The bigger slap in the face is probably the UFC charging you for medicals and airfare

Max should be first in line as long as his recovery time from the Gaethje fight isn't too long. Volk can get a direct rematch but he should wait on the sidelines to recover the KO

What I wanna see is Volk vs Arnold Allen or Movsar Evloev, but seeing as Volk hasn't lost at FW before Topuria, he does deserve a direct rematch
Man it would suck for a great prospect in Arnold Allen to fight Max AND Volk before getting a shot at the title

I agree with Topuria. There wasn't a controversial finish or a razor thin decision. He KO'd Volk and shouldn't have to instantly rematch him.

I don’t see how Volk deserves a rematch period, much less in his backyard.

Good move by Topuria.
Topuria has a better chance of beating Volk again than Max, Yair, Ortega. If I was him, I would’ve taken that match.

Prob just doesn't want to fight his opponent in the opponents home soil since Illia is the champ

Who is he gonna fight again? Max? Volk Rematch or Ortega?

I'm fairly sure he'll fight Max next either in Spain or in Vegas sometime late summer or in Fall.
UFC always try to keep Max happy and I think they'll agree terms soon on the next 145lb title fight.

Back