Media Jon Anik tired of negativity from MMA fans, might leave in 2026

I'm Canadian and I've only been to Boston one time. At a Bruins game, not even playing LA, there was a dude wearing a Kobe Lakers jersey. Before the first period was over they literally had beaten the shit out of him and then security kicked the Kobe guy out while everyone yelled at him. It was wild.
Crazy. I've been around some die hard Montreal Canadian fans, and I've seen them go as far as verbally antagonize fans of other teams, but it was always done with a bit of a smile and it was never an impending feeling that a brawl was about to break out. I wonder if it's just more common in the US, or if I just haven't been exposed to it since I don't spend too much time around those sports.

I love Anik, he's responded to me on Twitter in the past. He's a very approachable likable guy.

That being said, I didn't have "Jon Anik contemplating retirement because fans are mean" on my 2024 Bingo card

I'm Canadian and I've only been to Boston one time. At a Bruins game, not even playing LA, there was a dude wearing a Kobe Lakers jersey. Before the first period was over they literally had beaten the shit out of him and then security kicked the Kobe guy out while everyone yelled at him. It was wild.

Boston also has a problem with racism among it's sports fans. Something about the city

You people are negative trash, everyone of you. Scum. If you had a brain you'd learn to be inspirational, but Shertards don't have brains. Try lifting people up, dirtballs!

100% Let's lift people up, not put them down, just like my boi Vader:

1706397685941.jpeg

fuck jon anik, never liked him, he was always a corporate shill, who got the golden ticket job, without ever having watched MMA for any significant period in his life. a total replaceable number. i enjoy seeing his downfall. him trying to use the disney/marvel tactics of blaming the "T0XiCC FaNBaSe" is flat out retarded. dude has everything coming his way and some. you don't talk shit about the people that support your company. what a moron.

We be needing some UFC "Lowest Common Denominator" T-shirts for upcoming UFC 300 extravaganza.

Maybe a special edition Anik Tupac-style head hankie with middle-finger pic and a tear in his eye.

I guess that’d be too bad, but I’m getting a little annoyed with all these people lining their pockets from the sport, and then dump on its fan base so casually.

As a “normal” mma fan I’m starting to get a little resentful of people like anik anyway.

2026? If he’s that tired of it, he would just leave now. He’s not irreplaceable. Put Megan olivi in his position instead

it’s all good guys, he’s issued an apology statement
Thanks for the apology Jon
you are still a friend of mine brother
I accept
now let’s get back to business !

Fuck it, WAR ANIK!!!

{<Mcgoat}

It's not fans so much, it's people in general. And I mean he's right, but he shouldn't read the comments anyway. It's not like the reason he's popular is because he reads, considers and integrates feedback. He's popular because he's a great analyst. He could ignore the entire MMA fan community and be just as popular, make just as much money and have just as much control/influence.

But he still has a good point. Hope he doesn't leave

Right, because NFL fans will be much more intellectual with their comments toward him. The same trolls who target him in MMA will do the same wherever he goes.

Back