Sean Strickland Responds to Jon Anik’s Criticism of MMA Fanbase

Give Anik a Break!

@PaddyO'malley

📠

dana-white-clap.gif

#GANAB

If anyone missed his comments

anik-essentially-admitting-these-new-right-wing-fans-are-v0-4zhp8iibcuec1.jpeg
He's a little too sensitive for the job it seems. It's fair to criticize or question the commentators if they seem bias or have a strange take. It was a close fight and there was a lot of passion, debate and all the rest from both sides. Of course there will be a few troll types on both sides as well. I'm not into social media so I didn't see specifically what he was talking about. I thought they did a bad job of calling that fight, Anik included.

The Conor/Cerrone fight was a glaring example. Rogan's take on that fight was ridiculous. Stephen A. of all people owned Rogan during that exchange. It wasn't because he was more knowledgable about MMA, he cleary isn't. Rogan is friends with Cerrone, a company man and was creating this 'Conor superhero narrative'. It probably had more to do with his friendship with Cerrone than anything else but it clouded his judgement. It's all fair game for fans to chime in on what they are hearing and seeing. I don't see any evidence or reason why Anik, Rogan, DC or any of those guys should get the only word on what they are seeing or the outcome of the fights they are calling.

If you haven’t deduced that a good chunk of MMA fans are completely unhinged shit puppets you’re most likely part of the problem.

It isn't entirely limited to MMA, however, this is one of the few sports where you follow individual performers more than teams. For whatever reason, I feel like MMA fans are way worse in that regard.

People, haters and lovers, let Conor McGregor impact their mood multiple times a week on this website. Jon Jones too.

Anik is right we are all pieces of shit.
MMA has a nasty fanbase.
With the being said who gives a fuck, he has a wicked job and i'm sure is paid great. What a dumb thing to complain about.

Anik’s a dingleberry, but this feels like a nothing burger. He spoke a kernel of truth we all understand but did so clumsily, is all. But as fans of fist fighting, are we really gonna clutch our pearls cus someone didn’t point out that not ALL mma fans suck? And does that really need to be spelled out for us? We know there’s a lot of ppl w shithead tendencies in our midst, and there’s a lot of cool people too. Anik prob gets more attention from the toxic types since he’s never been fully embraced for obvious reasons, so I’d imagine for him the mix of shithead to cool is pretty tough. I know we’ve never liked Anik, but c’mon fellas, we can’t be those ppl who are outraged cus someone didnt say something perfectly or we’re kinda doin the willful outrage act

Then there’s Strickland w the politician-like opportunism to jump at the chance to pander to fans and shake his finger at Dingleberry Anik for not being measured in the way he said something that we all understood. Meanwhile, Sean’s whole brand is ‘I’m the guy who says what I believe in the most tactless way possible, but you’re gonna get it cus you know what I’m trying to say.’ Sean could prob legitimately start a cult at this point, and it’s pretty impressive and concerning how little it’s taken. Anik surely must envy the freedom of Sean’s platform

Last edited:
Anik’s a dingleberry, but this feels like a nothing burger. He spoke a kernel of truth we all understand but did so clumsily, is all. But as fans of fist fighting, are we really gonna clutch our pearls cus someone didn’t point out that not ALL mma fans suck? And does that really need to be spelled out for us? We know there’s a lot of ppl w shithead tendencies in our midst, and there’s a lot of cool people too. Anik prob gets more attention from the toxic types since he’s never been fully embraced for obvious reasons, so I’d imagine for him the mix of shithead to cool is pretty tough. I know we’ve never liked Anik, but c’mon fellas, we can’t be those ppl who are outraged cus someone didnt say something perfectly or we’re kinda doin the willful outrage act

Then there’s Strickland w the politician-like opportunism to jump at the chance to pander to fans and shake his finger at Dingleberry Anik for not being measured in the way he said something that we all understood. Meanwhile, Sean’s whole brand is ‘I’m the guy who says what I believe in the most tactless way possible, but you’re gonna get it cus you know what I’m trying to say.’ Sean could prob legitimately start a cult at this point, and it’s pretty impressive and concerning how little it’s taken. Anik surely must envy the freedom of Sean’s platform

Its the way he went about it for me, and if you watch the video he has the same look on his face my ex did when I busted her balls about something.

A man should not get that face over words he wasn't even required to read.
Most famous/quasi famous people don't even read the comments because they know retards live in there for the most part.

He just wanted a vehicle to say that he could go to the NFL and he used that in stead of saying in an innocuous way.

Just my opinion of course sir.

Last edited:
Anik’s a dingleberry, but this feels like a nothing burger. He spoke a kernel of truth we all understand but did so clumsily, is all. But as fans of fist fighting, are we really gonna clutch our pearls cus someone didn’t point out that not ALL mma fans suck? And does that really need to be spelled out for us? We know there’s a lot of ppl w shithead tendencies in our midst, and there’s a lot of cool people too. Anik prob gets more attention from the toxic types since he’s never been fully embraced for obvious reasons, so I’d imagine for him the mix of shithead to cool is pretty tough. I know we’ve never liked Anik, but c’mon fellas, we can’t be those ppl who are outraged cus someone didnt say something perfectly or we’re kinda doin the willful outrage act.
Well said.

Its the way he went about it for me, and if you watch the video he has the same look on his face my ex did when I busted her balls about something.

A man should not get that face over words her wasn't even required to read.
Most famous/quasi famous don't even read the comments because they know retards live in there for the most part.

He just wanted a vehicle to say that he could go to the NFL and he used that in stead of saying in an innocuous way.

Just my opinion of course sir.
That’s totally fair, your opinion gets my respect, Lemur.
<{shaqs}>
I think mooost of us agree that he’s never completely felt like someone who really wants to be here and moreso was just the first sanitary, mainstream talking head when the ufc tried to transition to the major sports outlets, so the NFL would have to be a better fit I’d think

He use to do a MMA show on ESPN around 2010 , it was a weekely show I liked the guy ever since. I get what he is saying

That's with most sports fans to be honest. Not just exclusive to MMA.
To some extent it appears to be true of fans of just about anything, although it's tough to say how much is actually just toxic fans being much more visible.

TBH I don't think that most MMA fans are toxic, but the ones that are really make themselves noticeable.

jon is right the ufc fans are the lowest of the lows. truth is its embarrassing being a UFC fan.

every dam event they bring out the orange dude with some out of touch
boomers while blasting cringe kid rock .....and you guys eat it up everytime.

the fact a person like strickland is considered THE MAN OF THE PEOPLE
is very very very telling. You seriously need to get checked out,
if anything strickland says resonates with you. NOW i get what hes ATTEMPTING
to do but it all falls apart very quickly.

Id pay anything to debate him in a serious public debate/ discourse.

and whats with him and colby talking smack about Lebron and other NFL/NBA Players?
LEBRON DOES NOT OWN OR CONTROL NOTHING, HES AN Athlete ,
WHY DONT YOU GO AFTER THE REAL PEOPLE RUNNING THINGS, OH YEAH THATS RIGHT
YOU WONT,
its all fake dont buy into the hype

Last edited:
Anik tried to play the "toxic" card, the same way modern entertainment, news, media, video games, all try to play. When something fails, they instantly just blame the "toxic fanbase." He tried to blame it on "them" and called everyone the lowest common denominator. UFC don't play that, they can't play that, and instantly made him apologize. Anik showed his true colors. A noob, was never involved with MMA prior to being hired, and he can't even look away from the screen long enough from people who disagree with his opinion. I hope he does go to the NFL, let's see how long he lasts there. He's lucky a bunch of moronic MMA fans even took him in, in the first place. He has got to be the luckiest UFC employee ever. 0 Credentials, 0 knowledge, literally given the title King of Cardboard personality, and can't just STFU enough and do his damn silly job slinging Cocaine Bear advertisements.

Back