Ian Garry Mocks Sean Strickland After Loss in UFC 297 Headliner

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
1705924699039.png

Ian Garry didn’t miss an opportunity to mock Sean Strickland following his loss at UFC 297.

Strickland went to battle against Dricus Du Plessis in Saturday’s main event, losing via split decision in a bout that earned “Fight of the Night” honors. The fight was competitive enough that many observers thought it could have gone in Strickland’s favor.

However, Garry was unimpressed with the UFC 297 headliner.

“The f—ing state of this,” Garry said in a video posted on social media. “Zero technique. Slugging it out. Oh my God. I feel like I’m watching two amateurs fight. Oh my God. If I ever have a fight like that, please tell me to retire.”

Garry’s jab at Strickland isn’t entirely unprovoked, as the former middleweight champ initiated the rivalry by repeatedly calling the Irishman a “c—k” and his wife a “sexual predator.” Garry recently revealed a three-opponent hit list for 2024 with Strickland as the last target. While that fight seemed improbable with Strickland as the middleweight champ, Garry believes it is attainable after UFC 297.

Very convenient for his narrative that he shows literally the last 20 seconds of a war when they have nothing left in the tank and are going for broke. Garry is such a tool - llooking forward to seeing him go 5 rounds not even with a champ but a contender and seeing how his form is.

I get it, people don’t like Garry, but Strickland out of nowhere started giving his opinion on garrys whole wife situation, and insulted both of them, so why wouldn’t Garry take the opportunity to say something when Strickland loses?

Strickland won that fight.
He has a great defense and good jab. Using his footwork well

Ian is right about his right hand though. His hooks and haymakers are telegraphed and have awful technique.
His straight and cross isn't great either.

Strickland won that fight.
He has a great defense and good jab. Using his footwork well

Ian is right about his right hand though. His hooks and haymakers are telegraphed and have awful technique.
His straight and cross isn't great either.
Dropped Izzy with a straight

Back