Robert Whittaker: No controversy regarding #UFC297 headliner scoring

Didn't know Cejudo and Belal also thought DDP won. Going to watch Cejudo's fight breakdown right now. That's like 10 champs, former champs, and Top 5er's I see picking DDP.
Chael thought DDP won every round too, so there's that.

What is an indicator of damage? The only thing we have is visual representation. Sean had no red marks, no leg marks, no foot imprinting cro cop style marks on his body. never winced. DDP took far more damage, 76 additional head strikes. DDP took Sean down 0 times. He attempted takedowns, but lost everytime in the scramble.

<TrumpWrong1>
Mighty Mouse and Alexander Volkanovski disagree with you.

Du Plessis 2 3 4

<WhitmanDefeat>

Didn't know Cejudo and Belal also thought DDP won. Going to watch Cejudo's fight breakdown right now. That's like 10 champs, former champs, and Top 5er's I see picking DDP.

Yeah, cejudo made his initial video praising DDP's performance and saying he won, then he saw all the backlash and made a breakdown as to why he thought dricus won, then got more backlash lol. Fans are out for blood on this one, which to me is a sign of how much of a fan favorite sean has become.

oh no, anything but those dudes
They are two of the greatest fighters of all time, whereas you and I are just two of the greatest posters on a Karate forum.

Mighty Mouse in particular has a razor sharp mind and deep understanding of MMA.

First and fifth were both super close. I can totally see giving either of them to Strickland.
they were all close, but ya know, sean just landed way more strikes. rounds 3, 4 too. and look at DDPs face. busted. i think people are being subjective when they say body kicks hurt. how would you know? none of them hurt sean. or even appeared to.

They are two of the greatest fighters of all time, whereas you and I are just two of the greatest posters on a Karate forum.

Mighty Mouse in particular has a razor sharp mind and deep understanding of MMA.
that's great and all but 76 more strikes landed, more strikes landed in rounds 1, 3, 4, 5, despite anyone saying otherwise. they are not the defacto reasoners of reason for MMA. Chael is also the GOAT and he thought DDP won all rounds.

What is an indicator of damage? The only thing we have is visual representation. Sean had no red marks, no leg marks, no foot imprinting cro cop style marks on his body. never winced. DDP took far more damage, 76 additional head strikes. DDP took Sean down 0 times. He attempted takedowns, but lost everytime in the scramble.

<TrumpWrong1>

So let's look only at the face, conveniently the only part of the body sean attacked, and ignore the other 90 percent of the body lol. What a perfect way to think for sean fans. The facial damage is all we should look at because Sean defended everything bro!<45>, while we're at it, we should score defense now too! Your evaluation of the wrestling in that fight is interesting, but I'll stick with the opinion of olympic level wrestlers in that one. Your attempt to write off every single aspect of MMA except the one that favors sean is endlessly amazing, though, and I applaud your consistency.

Last edited:
Yeah, cejudo made his initial video praising DDP's performance and saying he won, then he saw all the backlash and made a breakdown as to why he thought dricus won, then got more backlash lol. Fans are out for blood on this one, which to me is a sign of how much of a fan favorite sean has become.
It really seems like all the average MMA fans are split up about who won and it's like 50/50, but these high level fighters don't seem to be split up at all about it.

So let's look only at the face, the only part of the body sean attacked, and ignore the other 90 percent of the body lol. How convenient for sean fans, but that's all we should look at because Sean defended everything bro! <45> . Your evaluation of the wrestling in that fight is interesting too, but I'll stick with the opinion of olympic level wrestlers in that one. Your attempt to write off every single aspect of MMA except the one that favors sean is endlessly amazing, though, and I applaud your consistency.
where's the damage on the body then? where are the marks? where is Sean visibly wincing in pain from body kicks?

we can visibly see the damage on DDPs face, 76 more additional head strikes did that. we see no damage on Seans body, we never see Sean react from a body kick that DDP threw. sometimes you just eat body kicks and they dont hurt at all. have you sparred before?

my evaluation of the wrestling is correct. 0 takedown attempts that were successful. The whole goal of a takedown is, to take your opponent down, and ilicit some sort of control, positioning, damage. and maintain that as time goes on. none of that ever happened. what they were in, was essentially a scramble and IMO, would have been observed the same in wrestling. there were no takedowns landed, sean got to his feet immediately, everytime. therefore it cancels it out. i am a HS wrestler so my opinion is just as valid. /s

if i am going to get mentioned and joked at, then i am going to respond with the same answers everytime because, well why not? sean won, it was a robbery, and yea.

More just that Sean attracts the giga meatheads who feel the need to go after whoever said their guy lost

they were all close, but ya know, sean just landed way more strikes. rounds 3, 4 too. and look at DDPs face. busted. i think people are being subjective when they say body kicks hurt. how would you know? none of them hurt sean. or even appeared to.
I think Strickland is just insanely tough and has a great pokerface. I believe Du Plessis hurt Strickland more than Strickland hurt Du Plessis. The damage on his face is just more visible than the damage to Strickland's brain and internal organs.

where's the damage on the body then? where are the marks? where is Sean visibly wincing in pain from body kicks?

we can visibly see the damage on DDPs face, 76 more additional head strikes did that. we see no damage on Seans body, we never see Sean react from a body kick that DDP threw. sometimes you just eat body kicks and they dont hurt at all. have you sparred before?

my evaluation of the wrestling is correct. 0 takedown attempts that were successful. The whole goal of a takedown is, to take your opponent down, and ilicit some sort of control, positioning, damage. and maintain that as time goes on. none of that ever happened. what they were in, was essentially a scramble and IMO, would have been observed the same in wrestling. there were no takedowns landed, sean got to his feet immediately, everytime. therefore it cancels it out. i am a HS wrestler so my opinion is just as valid. /s

if i am going to get mentioned and joked at, then i am going to respond with the same answers everytime because, well why not? sean won, it was a robbery, and yea.

I'm sorry not everybody can leave a damn footprint tattoo on their opponents body when they kick it like Jan blachowicz. It is pretty obvious when you watch a 210lb man wind up, slam a kick into his opponent's body and hear a thud, that it is an effective strike. But let's just erase body work now too unless the fighter getting kicked immediately starts pissing blood and their organs falls out of their shorts. Without that, I cannot tell that getting kicked full force hurts.

Bobby Knuckles is gold.

Wish his podcast wasn't about gaming though.

I have nothing but respect for you Sherbro, but on this matter we must agree to disagree. Not only is it not a robbery, it is the correct decision.

I'm sorry not every body can leave a damn footprint tattoo on their opponents body when they kick it like Jan blachowicz. It is pretty obvious when you watch a 210lb man wind up, slam a kick into his opponents body and hear a thud, that it is an effective strike. But let's just erase body damage now too unless the fighter getting kicked immediately starts pissing blood and their organs falls out of their shorts. Without that, I cannot tell that getting kicked full force hurts.
effective vs. damaging though. there was no body damage, there was no marks, no red ribs, no wincing, no sean complaining about the body kicks, nothing like that. and we will never know until sean says something, it's purely speculative. we do know DDP ate 76 more strikes though, and his face looks like it.

I have nothing but respect for you Sherbro, but on this matter we must agree to disagree. Not only is it not a robbery, it is the correct decision.
<TrumpWrong1>

ROBBERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY DUN DID IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jk, 100% dude. all in good fun. i see the call out, and i must respond and back sean up, again, and again, until everyone learns.

I'm sorry not everybody can leave a damn footprint tattoo on their opponents body when they kick it like Jan blachowicz. It is pretty obvious when you watch a 210lb man wind up, slam a kick into his opponent's body and hear a thud, that it is an effective strike. But let's just erase body work now too unless the fighter getting kicked immediately starts pissing blood and their organs falls out of their shorts. Without that, I cannot tell that getting kicked full force hurts.
Strickland was running away all fight because any time Du Plessis got anywhere near him he would blast him with kicks.

Back