Robert Whittaker: No controversy regarding #UFC297 headliner scoring

It was a close fight but No it wasn't a robbery like some are saying. After watching it twice I do believe DDP had more octagon control and those take downs helped out too even though he didn't do much or any damage on the ground. Definitely would like these two to run it back some where down the road. Rather see DDP vs Izzy now and bobby vs strickland would be awesome on the same card possibly

Do you agree with Bobby Knuckles , DDP won?
How did you score the fight?

giphy.gif
Yes I agree

thank you, i would say i presented a good argument that i have yet hear anyone try to make some sort of answer that resembles anything other than:

- baby jabs
- because, because, just because OK?!!

i don't care if bobby knuckles, kim jong un, or Maui disagrees with me. nothing can refute 76 additional head strikes, 36 more significant strikes, more strikes landed/damage done in rounds 1, 3, 4, 5.
<Fedor23>

Well, Mighty Mouse agrees with me, and @ComfortablyNumb55 agrees with you

Mighty mouse, volk, cejudo, O'malley, Sandhagen, whittaker, Izzy, Dc, belal, bisping etc etc scored for DDP. Those guys know nothing about fights and we should listen to brendan schaub, joe rogan, and dana white instead.

Last edited:
Add whittaker to the list of top tier level fighters who saw the fight for DDP. Mighty mouse, volk, cejudo, O'malley, Sandhagen, whittaker, Izzy, Dc, Izzy, belal, bisping etc etc. Those guys know nothing about fights and we should listen to brendan schaub, joe rogan, and dana white instead.
Uh, except Strickland landed more strikes, and as we all know, this is point fighting, not real fighting. Body kicks don't count, and takedowns actually count for negative points because wrestling is kinda gay.

Uh, except Strickland landed more strikes, and as we all know, this is point fighting, not real fighting. Body kicks don't count, and takedowns actually count for negative points because wrestling is kinda gay.

Sean blocked everything bro and should get points for that!

It's all pretty funny at this point. The outrage from this one is bigger than the outrage from any close fights I've seen in recent memory and I really don't understand it.

It feels kinda weird to use a Laugh reaction for something I actually think is funny.

For the record, I almost exclusively use weaponized Laugh reactions. Sincere laughs are cool too though.
I like having more options, makes things more fun.

Really though, that list is quite a diverse list of backgrounds and fighting styles yet they all agree. Must be pro DDP or biased against Sean Strickland.

Sean blocked everything bro and should get points for that!

It's all pretty funny at this point. The outrage from this one is bigger than the outrage from any close fights I've seen in recent memory and I really don't understand it.
DDP landed less, across 5 rounds, and essentially engaged Sean in a wrestling scramble, where he never actually took Sean down.

Du Plessis landed a lot of damaging body kicks and power punches, and he took Strickland down six times.
What is an indicator of damage? The only thing we have is visual representation. Sean had no red marks, no leg marks, no foot imprinting cro cop style marks on his body. never winced. DDP took far more damage, 76 additional head strikes. DDP took Sean down 0 times. He attempted takedowns, but lost everytime in the scramble.

<TrumpWrong1>

Mighty mouse, volk, cejudo, O'malley, Sandhagen, whittaker, Izzy, Dc, belal, bisping etc etc scored for DDP. Those guys know nothing about fights and we should listen to brendan schaub, joe rogan, and dana white instead.
Didn't know Cejudo and Belal also thought DDP won. Going to watch Cejudo's fight breakdown right now. That's like 10 champs, former champs, and Top 5er's I see picking DDP.

Back