Robert Whittaker: No controversy regarding #UFC297 headliner scoring

<TrumpWrong1>

ROBBERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY DUN DID IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jk, 100% dude. all in good fun. i see the call out, and i must respond and back sean up, again, and again, until everyone learns.
Fair enough.

Although I'm not sure that's even possible for everyone to learn. In fact I'm quite sure some posters on here have no capacity for reason.

Rest assured that you are not one of those in my book, even if we disagree about this particular issue.

Guy who got finished by the guy who just won the title singing his praises to demonstrate just how good he must’ve been to beat you. Chandler did the same thing with Oliveira right after his KO loss.

Fair enough.

Although I'm not sure that's even possible for everyone to learn. In fact I'm quite sure some posters on here have no capacity for reason.

Rest assured that you are not one of those in my book, even if we disagree about this particular issue.
pho sho dude!

effective vs. damaging though. there was no body damage, there was no marks, no red ribs, no wincing, no sean complaining about the body kicks, nothing like that. and we will never know until sean says something, it's purely speculative. we do know DDP ate 76 more strikes though, and his face looks like it.

I guess the rest of us who scored it for DDP just have the common sense to know that getting kicked doesn't feel nice, which is pretty crazy of us, I know. We also see strikes landing and putting a fighter in a defensive mode retreating all night as a sign of efffectiveness.

Strickland was running away all fight because any time Du Plessis got anywhere near him he would blast him with kicks.

I know. I didn't want to get too much into it, but the idea that sean didn't react is weird. Sean's body language was horrible all night and he looked worried and scared everytime DDP moved. Pretty much all optics were going against sean in that fight, except the jab, which is all that matters now because I can't see the damage that kicks do, also getting tripped and thrown around is nothing, nothing at all. Olympic wrestlers might tell you otherwise, but trust me. :rolleyes:

I guess the rest of us who scored it for DDP just have the common sense to know that getting kicked doesn't feel nice, which is pretty crazy of us, I know. We also see strikes landing and putting a fighter in a defensive mode retreating all night as a sign of efffectiveness.
i would also say its common sense to not ascribe something to an action, without knowing yourself, or having the visible representation of said "damage" ever appear. walking forward and eating 76 mores strikes, 36 more sig strikes, is not the demolition you think it is either. one guy looks like he went full goonies. the other looks fine. one guy landed a helluva lot more strikes, negated wrestling, won all scrambles, and the other guy landed far less, but threw some body kicks which left no visual tell, or reaction from "damage."

i would also say its common sense to not ascribe something to an action, without knowing yourself, or having the visible representation of said "damage" ever appear. walking forward and eating 76 mores strikes, 36 more sig strikes, is not the demolition you think it is either. one guy looks like he went full goonies. the other looks fine. one guy landed a helluva lot more strikes, negated wrestling, won all scrambles, and the other guy landed far less, but threw some body kicks which left no visual tell, or reaction from "damage."

It's okay. We've already established many times that we disagree lol. We're going in circles now

It's okay. We've already established many times that we disagree lol. We're going in circles now
everyone knows that the person who says the last thing last and reiterates the same points, wins. just concede man, be done already. we all know DDP lost, and by extension, you. i will never take the higher road. be gone!

While I do think that Stillknocks won Whittaker's take is a little bias seeing how he scored it for the guy who beat him.
With that said I would love to see Bobby Knuckles vs the Cringelord

agreed, carlos condit would have ran back to new mexico that night if the cage walls werent there.

nick diaz - 1, 2, 5 for life
sean strickland - 1, 3, 4, 5 for life
Strickland just would have walked back if cage walls weren't there.

I scored it 3-2 DDP.... If Strickland wouldn't have had a Hendricks moment mid fight... He could have won 4-1...

*** Don't cry about losing a fight when you showed ZERO killer instinct and went full Silva vs Maia
I had Strickland winning 4-1, giving the 4th to DDP. I can see an argument for Dricus taking the 3rd also.

I cant see any logical argument for Dricus taking 1, 2 or 5. Those were all clearly won by Sean.

Most fighters I've seen score the fight scored it 3-2 DDP. This includes Demetrious Johnson and Henry Cejudo. It would be a whole lot less "controversial" if Sean didn't have a large following of raging fanboys.

I had Strickland winning 4-1, giving the 4th to DDP. I can see an argument for Dricus taking the 3rd also.

I cant see any logical argument for Dricus taking 1, 2 or 5. Those were all clearly won by Sean.
I think it could be scored 49-46 either way, but 48-47 either way is more reasonable.

48-47 Du Plessis is the most reasonable though

Du Plessis 2 3 4

Do you agree with Bobby Knuckles , DDP won?
How did you score the fight?

giphy.gif
2, 3, 4 for DDP. I've seen so many people talk about how DDP didn't have much control time after the takedowns but they always seem to forget all the good shots he landed on Strickland every time he was getting up. So those takedowns were leading to damage, just not from GnP.

I know. I didn't want to get too much into it, but the idea that sean didn't react is weird. Sean's body language was horrible all night and he looked worried and scared everytime DDP moved. Pretty much all optics were going against sean in that fight, except the jab, which is all that matters now because I can't see the damage that kicks do, also getting tripped and thrown around is nothing, nothing at all. Olympic wrestlers might tell you otherwise, but trust me. :rolleyes:

There's also a lot of people somehow forgetting that DDP landed good strikes on Strickland pretty much every time he was getting up after the takedowns. So the takedowns were leading to damaging strikes just not the normal way we see it.

Back