Ian Garry Mocks Sean Strickland After Loss in UFC 297 Headliner

Always laugh at these guys discrediting DDP for his "sloppyness" , his style and all this nonsense. And yet he manages to beat all of them. Try to make an interesting fight with him, Garry. Although I think he will knock you the fck out with an overhand

View attachment 1025297

Ian Garry didn’t miss an opportunity to mock Sean Strickland following his loss at UFC 297.

Strickland went to battle against Dricus Du Plessis in Saturday’s main event, losing via split decision in a bout that earned “Fight of the Night” honors. The fight was competitive enough that many observers thought it could have gone in Strickland’s favor.

However, Garry was unimpressed with the UFC 297 headliner.

“The f—ing state of this,” Garry said in a video posted on social media. “Zero technique. Slugging it out. Oh my God. I feel like I’m watching two amateurs fight. Oh my God. If I ever have a fight like that, please tell me to retire.”

Garry’s jab at Strickland isn’t entirely unprovoked, as the former middleweight champ initiated the rivalry by repeatedly calling the Irishman a “c—k” and his wife a “sexual predator.” Garry recently revealed a three-opponent hit list for 2024 with Strickland as the last target. While that fight seemed improbable with Strickland as the middleweight champ, Garry believes it is attainable after UFC 297.

Thnx 4 tagging kowboy...my take is sean > Ian Garry, both as a man and how much I enjoy watching their fights.

Ian Garry would be a handful at 185, here he is dwarfing huge MW Jake Paul in shoes while barefoot.

images

Last edited:
The fight makes sense on several different levels, the pre fight talk alone would be entertaining

Can't really fault him for writing that, he literally had to.
Yup, wife was looking over his shoulder and proofreading before he posted it

In all seriousness, Sean was a champ and Ian Garry is nothing but a loudmouth. Dude needs to just shut up and fight. Sean at least backed his nonsense up by winning the belt.

He was mocking both guys’ technique but truth is they’d both crush him like a cockroach.

He would've talked shit had the decision went to Sean regardless.

View attachment 1025297

Ian Garry didn’t miss an opportunity to mock Sean Strickland following his loss at UFC 297.

Strickland went to battle against Dricus Du Plessis in Saturday’s main event, losing via split decision in a bout that earned “Fight of the Night” honors. The fight was competitive enough that many observers thought it could have gone in Strickland’s favor.

However, Garry was unimpressed with the UFC 297 headliner.

“The f—ing state of this,” Garry said in a video posted on social media. “Zero technique. Slugging it out. Oh my God. I feel like I’m watching two amateurs fight. Oh my God. If I ever have a fight like that, please tell me to retire.”

Garry’s jab at Strickland isn’t entirely unprovoked, as the former middleweight champ initiated the rivalry by repeatedly calling the Irishman a “c—k” and his wife a “sexual predator.” Garry recently revealed a three-opponent hit list for 2024 with Strickland as the last target. While that fight seemed improbable with Strickland as the middleweight champ, Garry believes it is attainable after UFC 297.

What's the point of this feud?

Can they even find a weight to fight at?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back