News Jon Jones' Advisor Meeting With UFC To Negotiate Heavyweight Title Fight - With Or Without Ngannou

Because he has been making Jon hating threads and comments on here for close to a decade. Even before the steriod shit lol. He's a hater

Seemed like he was admitting DC was his best at HW and there was no reason to fight him there. You quote him saying "there's no reason for me to fight him there because it's not personal" and you quote him saying "no one wants to negotiate for a super fight right now" and that was from 2018. Seems like you don't even remember your own thread
A decade? Wow, at least he was into it before it was popular lol.

The reason this didn't happen sooner was because of Dana. Dana's shitty negotiations have robbed us of MANY great mma fights. Please stop acting like this is all on Jon
So you mean when Jones said “$8M-$12M was Way too little” you think Dana should have offered him more? Are you serious right now? Nobody in UFC history has ever had a guaranteed purse of more than $6M (Khabib). Conor’s highest guaranteed purse was $5M. But they actually SOLD their fights. Conor made his money from the ppv. Khabib made his money by fighting in Abu Dhabi at the time that suited the billionaires financing the fights over there.

But you’re blaming Dana for this?

Sherdog is going to be salty when Jones fights, and Wins at heavyweight this year! It’s what the division needs at this point. HW is criminally shallow don’t act like you don’t want to watch the goat fight love him or hate him.

<JonesLaugh>

Sherbros are gonna be super salty!

salty-salt-bae.gif

He said a while ago he was planning for mid 2022…..
Was that what he said in February of 2020?

I’m going to sit out for 2.5 years? Is that what he said? I’d love to see a source for that.

He was literally offered the fight less than a year ago when Ngannou beat Stipe. A free shot at the title. After sitting out 18 months already. Suddenly he needed boxing money to accept that fight.

Get real man.

Well I mean it's only fair with all the wins he has at heavyweighahahahaha sorry, I couldn't even type that with a straight face.

Why are so many in this thread angry that Jones is now publicly signaling he is ready to come back? Because of Ngannou's impasse with the UFC Jon now has more leverage to seek a higher payday than at any other time in the past three years.
Oh you mean the old..

I’ll sit out for over 2 years and not get my $5M per fight at least twice per year. Just so I can try to get more for one fight?

Have you actually thought about how ridiculous that sounds? The guy has literally passed up on $20M. And is there a person on this planet that believes the UFC would EVER guarantee Jon fucking Jones $20M for one fight??

Holy fuck.

if ngannou walks they will probably do stipe vs jones for the HW title. i think its a winnable fight for him...easier than Gane anyway.

you'll see promos of stipe beating ngannou and dumb stats like "well joe, stipe beat ngannou in 5 of the 7 rounds they fought sooo".

I wouldn't be shocked if Jones used this situation to try and get an interim fight with Stipe, thats what he seemed to want when he moved to HW originally just after Stipe/DC 3.

Seems like thats out of the frying pan into the fire for the UFC though as if Jones did win the belt I suspect he'd looked to handpick opponents, probably look to fight Lewis if be beats Tai.

lmao, are we really doing this? acting like francis is the reason?

has no one else been around for the countless times he lied about fighting stipe? he called stipe out on twitter and stipe accepted the same day.

then jones signed to fight thiago santos.

its not francis. jones doesnt want smoke up there with the best guys, period.

frank is very beatable for jones anyway.

Remember when Francis stiffened the living crap out of Stipe? hahahaha

This is what MMA fans are nowadays, just a bunch of whiny little turds who aren't satisfied with anything, they just need things to bitch about. It doesn't matter when Jones decided to fight @ HW they would still cry like broads about something.

Soon as NGannou injured Jone want fight {<jordan}

I said this before, but Jones doesn't want to fight against Ngannou, If Stipe would have won the rematch he would be all over that fight.
Most p4p greats pick n choose their opponents when Moving up …. Anderson , GSP etc …..it’s normal

lmao@anyone that still gets their hopes up for this

Jon has been "gearing up" (lol, get it....?) for his long awaited move to HW for literally a decade
No he eas fighting at lightheavyweight for the better part of the decade and had taken 1 year breaks for at least 2 years of his carreer. He didnt reliquish his title to move to heavyweight until 2020. So no he handt getting ready. Losers have just been begging him to go there. Some people are more bitter at him thwn the fighters who he actually destroyed... Nice pic.

Back