Media Jon Jones feels he’s fought several better strikers than Ciryl Gane

He aint wrong...

Gane isnt that accomplished of a striker...hasnt really smoked anyone in the UFC either...

Machida and Santos have better highlights then him IMO
but not a single person gane has ever faced got the better of him in the stand up. he has outstruck every person he has fought some of which are techincal strikers like volkov and rozenstrikue. Arguably the 2 best pure strikers in the division.

He's a HW Muay Thai champ that's a better striking accolade than anyone Jones ever fought

Don’t think I ever seen Jon fight anyone who mixes their attacks like Gane or uses distance as effectively and disciplined as Gane does. I’m the furthest thing from a Jones hater this is just my voice of reason. Other guys Jon faced may have been a bigger threat with one particular thing (power, leg kicks, movement) but Gane does everything well and uses techniques they didn’t even have.

He’s also super athletic, tall, huge and in fantastic shape and has a 80 inch reach. Like when you combine everything the guy offers I can’t see how Rampage, Machida, Gus, Glover, Santos etc come close. You could combine everything they do great on the feet, put them in Domick Reyes body (probably the biggest guy Jon fought) and you still wouldn’t have a fighter as balanced and diverse on the feet as Gane imo.

ciryl-gane-dunk-ciryl.gif

2gt3g5v_jpg.gif

Machida and Santos were smaller and past prime. This time he won't have the physical advantage, let's see what happens...
The ball falling on his head really adds to the comical effect, it's perfect

Gane is the best striker Jones has fought, and it's not remotely close. I suppose you could make an argument for Lyoto being better in a p4p sense, but that's fictional silliness. Gane would outstrike any of Jones's past opponents relatively easily.

Thiago doesn't even belong in this conversation.
Thiago probably has the best kicks out of anyone Jones has fought. Including Gane.

But machida isn't the same size as Gane.

Jones will finally be fighting someone who is the same size in both height and weight, along with heavyweight power and fast speed for a heavyweight. Unless he's focused on wrestling the whole time, I think Gane outworks him if it stays standing.

Jones made a career at being the biggest/tallest guy in the division for a lot of his career. And as of late, he's struggled when fighting guys who were closer to his size. Just look at his fight with Santos, Reyes, Gus, and even Anthony Smith. He wasn't impressive at all in those fights when he didn't have a much bigger size and length advantage like he did vs Shogun, Belfort, Machida, Bader, Rampage, Evans, Sonnen, DC, etc.

Jon is going to get hit in this fight, his boxing defense has always been a weakness and due to his reach he has been able to get by without completely addressing the issue.
Jon is going to have to clinch and dirty box in order to win this fight, expect it to look like his fight against Glover if Jon isn’t able to get Gane to the ground.
I’m assuming Jon knows this and instead of trying to time a counter punch like basically every HW fighter in existence Jon will utilize Gane’s own offense to get the clinch and negate Cyril’s power, from there he attempts some Judo or some sweeps, maybe throws a spinning elbow off of the break or something.
I don’t know.
I do believe Cyril is just as dangerous of a fighter as Francis though, and he also actually kicks so Jon needs to be extremely careful. The ring rust on Jon’s part is a big consideration heading into this fight.
The fact is that Jon is the greatest of all time so him fighting is a big deal and a defeat would be an even bigger deal, it would cement his opponents name in Martial Arts forever.
Even if Jon gets an immediate rematch and thrashes Cyril it won’t matter and Jon will never be considered a GOAT again.

the only legit guys ceraeal has wins over are tuivasa and derrick lewis. both of which he scored late THIRD ROUND TKO / KOs over. The actual question is, can Jon Jones also stay alive for a round or two, enough to get cereal tired? Ceral has one first round win in the UFC over a nobody. Even a dumbass can tell that Jon Jones will most likely survive the first two rounds of this MMA matchup. All of these MMA fights hit the ground at some point. Cereal last badly to no knees, no love, ngagnnou on the ground. That is Jons game plan. You are a fool to think that Cereal is going to K-1 Jones in the 1st or 2nd round. He's too smart for that. This is an IQ test. Jones survives the stand up, he gets it to the ground and he has his way, easily.

the only legit guys ceraeal has wins over are tuivasa and derrick lewis. both of which he scored late THIRD ROUND TKO / KOs over. The actual question is, can Jon Jones also stay alive for a round or two, enough to get cereal tired? Ceral has one first round win in the UFC over a nobody. Even a dumbass can tell that Jon Jones will most likely survive the first two rounds of this MMA matchup. All of these MMA fights hit the ground at some point. Cereal last badly to no knees, no love, ngagnnou on the ground. That is Jons game plan. You are a fool to think that Cereal is going to K-1 Jones in the 1st or 2nd round. He's too smart for that. This is an IQ test. Jones survives the stand up, he gets it to the ground and he has his way, easily.
I agree with everything you said except that dumbass nickname you wrote like 10 times. Fuck.

Yeah but Ciryl had to respect the hell out of those guys' power.

He doesn't have to respect Jon's power at all, it's his wrestling he has to respect. I have zero doubt whatsoever Ciryl can beat Jon both at distance and in the pocket. Jones' wrestling in his last couple fights has been very pedestrian, so the big question is if during all that heavyweight training he's tried to get his wreslting proficiency back.

Back