Media Jon Jones feels he’s fought several better strikers than Ciryl Gane

I think Ngannou has most effective stand-up in heavyweight history, because of his power and chin, but I reckon Gane has the most technical stand-up in heavyweight history.

Not sure how to say this without sounding like a dick, but how long have you been watching MMA?

Jones has not fought a striker that would be this hard to beat. There were some skilled strikers in his past, but they were much smaller than Gane, in fact some were 2 weight classes smaller than Gane.

based on his last few performances, if guys like thiago and reyes could beat him, recognizing jones was noticeably slower, gane will wreck him.

Yeah but Ciryl had to respect the hell out of those guys' power.

He doesn't have to respect Jon's power at all, it's his wrestling he has to respect. I have zero doubt whatsoever Ciryl can beat Jon both at distance and in the pocket. Jones' wrestling in his last couple fights has been very pedestrian, so the big question is if during all that heavyweight training he's tried to get his wreslting proficiency back.
listen noob, because he has to respect jones ground game, it opens up jones striking. cereal is not gonna K1 when he knows the threat of the takedown is literally seconds away and he's going to be eating some albuquerque the homeless are pretty cool elbows. NEXT

ciryl-gane-dunk-ciryl.gif

2gt3g5v_jpg.gif

Machida and Santos were smaller and past prime. This time he won't have the physical advantage, let's see what happens...

hes just fucking around there. He can almost jump out of the cage and his hands are massive.

it’s funny though as the ball smacks him as well

Not sure how to say this without sounding like a dick, but how long have you been watching MMA?

The first fight I remember streaming live was Fedor vs Werdum in 2010, but I was a casual follower long before then.

The first fight I remember streaming live was Fedor vs Werdum in 2010, but I was a casual follower long before then.

In that case, I don't agree with you, but I won't argue with you.

He is right. Gane is extremely overrated.
Cyril embarrasses Jon in striking every day of the week and twice on Sunday. The only viable tool Jon has against anyone at HW is wrestling. That makes him one dimensional. That means Gane only has to prepare for one thing and you can be assured that his TDD is going to be perfectly adequate on fight night. To succeed as a one dimensional wrestler at HW, you basically have to be Brock Lesnar. Jon ain't Brock no matter how much his fans try to say so. He's in for the beating of his lifetime. I am guessing he will announce his retirement from a hospital bed.

in a way he's right

View attachment 968981

let's hope gane leaves no openings for a potential robbery
He got tooled on the feet by a 205lb college safety and couldn't even take him down effectively. Coming out of retirement and fighting 40 lbs heavier against a primey guy like Gane isn't going to work out for him, I can't believe any rational person would think so. I think we'll be seeing the current crop of fighters out-classing Jones like Jones did 10 years ago in the LHW division. Blaydes, Aspinall, and the rest would/will crush HW Jones.

How is it panic wrestling when this is mma fans who say this are stupid.
Because when Jones finds out he can't take him down, he's going to shit a brick. He will then try to run but he will be hunted and tracked tracked down like the lion and the gazelle. Gane will be toying with Jones before the finish, mark my words.

It’s the size and power that Jones has to worry about. He’s having to bulk to HW and intentionally eat more. He never had trouble making 205 and he had a ton of genetic gifts at that weight class.

All of that is gone at HW. I think he can do fine at HW but I think he’s going to struggle against guys like Gane, Blaydes, Plavovich and others that don’t have to do anything special to be 250lbs.

Jones probably should have debuted against Lewis but I credit him for going for greatness and picking the absolute worst fight for him at HW.

I think Ngannou has most effective stand-up in heavyweight history, because of his power and chin, but I reckon Gane has the most technical stand-up in heavyweight history.
Cro Cop < Gane. Is that what you’re saying? Seriously?

Cro Cop < Gane. Is that what you’re saying? Seriously?

29 year old Cro Cop was KO'd by Kevin Randleman, who was an NCAA Division I runner-up at 167 lbs.

The most naturally small men to hold the a UFC openweight/HW title, exluding TUF winners:

Randleman: 167 lbs
Sakuraba: 167 lbs
Royce Gracie: 175 lbs
Belfort: 184 lbs
Cormier: 184 lbs

Last edited:
Back