Jones biggest flaw is his terrible boxing.

I agree with you TS.

Problem is, Gane also shares the same weakness. His striking threat diminishes significantly when he is in the pocket. I’ve even made threads about this but Gane is a pressure fighter with great jabs, footwork and cardio to stay active for five rounds. He is quick but that does not necessarily mean his hands are too.

He will land some heavy jabs and kicks in this upcoming fight. But I don’t know he will be able to capitalize on them because not only does Jon have great chin, he is a willing evader who won’t just brawl like Tai or JDS.
Yes games boxing in the pocket against tai was really bad similar to Jones. They both throw wild overhangs.

Yes games boxing in the pocket against tai was really bad similar to Jones. They both throw wild overhangs.
Are you excited for Aspinall's return this year? This is the one guy who I think will have no problem landing on Jon or Gane. His hands are genuinely faster than that of middleweights. He does seem to lack power in his shots though.

Good thing this is mma striking and not boxing.

Clean boxing doesnt translate into mma. The distance n stance and and kicks make a lot of the clean boxing not as relevant. Im not saying useless, punching ability is extremely important, but high level boxing is a bit overrated for mma fighting.

look at josh emmet vs yair. Emmet is a better boxer/puncher and yair kicked him around like a thai pad.

Is it a flaw? Or a weakness..Jones has always been really good at hand-fighting, which is not part of boxing. He’s not in a boxing match, he’s in an MMA fight.

The last time Jones absorbed less than 20sig.strikes in a fight was 10 years ago against Sonnen. In his last fight alone Jones absorbed 116 sig.strikes.

Are you looking at numbers on a website or at the actual fight? Jones blocked a huge amount of Reyes's attacks, yet those still get recorded as significant strikes landed because they made contact with SOMETHING.

As as far as "less than 20 significant strikes" goes, that's a very specific metric, considering that Jones tends to fight full five-rounders. You're basically asking him to get hit less than once a minute, which is unrealistic no matter who you're talking about.

Never been genuinely rocked or dropped if it's as bad as some say he would've lost by now.

Jones is a much better grappler with possibly the best fight IQ ever and an iron chin. He has way too many tools to count out

meh. it's mma. his reach alone gives him decent striking, he doesn't need to be the best boxer in the world.

Was completely unaware of ANY flaws in Pico at all...especially with his unquestionable, top-notch, morally upstanding character traits.

Back