News Jones says Aspinall fight possible. He may not retire after Stipe depending on performance

After the Stipe fight I'm sure Jon will sit out a few years and come back for redemption. The only fighter to sit out multiple times & multiple years for multiple reasons,. effectively wasting his life.

There is no defense to a heavyweight title fight between a guy with 2 minutes in the division and a guy who is 0-1 with a KTFO loss in the last 3 years

What Jon did a decade ago in a different division is irrelevant.

The Jon Stipe fight is a joke and anyone with a brain knows it.

But by all means, talk more about 20 years ago and fighters who were WAY more active.

Also, good lord are you actually so stupid that I have to explain a fucking JOKE to you?

Durr, Stipe is not actually 47.

Retard.
These idiots are either dumb or just duplicitous.

They know the same arguments they make for why Stipe should get the shot against Jones can be made for Mark Coleman or Randy Couture.

There is no defense to a heavyweight title fight between a guy with 2 minutes in the division and a guy who is 0-1 with a KTFO loss in the last 3 years

What Jon did a decade ago in a different division is irrelevant.

The Jon Stipe fight is a joke and anyone with a brain knows it.

But by all means, talk more about 20 years ago and fighters who were WAY more active.

Also, good lord are you actually so stupid that I have to explain a fucking JOKE to you?

Durr, Stipe is not actually 47.

Retard.
What about what Jon just did to the #1 contender in Gane, In a fight where everyone was certain Gane would knock Jones out? Jons the best and he will whoop Aspinall worse than he did Gane. Bones bless.

What about what Jon just did to the #1 contender in Gane, In a fight where everyone was certain Gane would knock Jones out? Jons the best and he will whoop Aspinall worse than he did Gane. Bones bless.
What about it?

Great performance.
That made him champ.

Refusing to fight the interim champ makes him a paper champ.

Jon and the UFC both pretending that a guy who doesn't have a single win over any currently ranked HW is a legitimate title challenger makes that belt a joke.

Jon was wise to wait until Francis left and he is wise to avoid Aspinall. Both are likely good financial decisions. But both of those decisions drop the legitimacy of Jon's title to zero until he faces Aspinall.

What about it?

Great performance.
That made him champ.

Refusing to fight the interim champ makes him a paper champ.

Jon and the UFC both pretending that a guy who doesn't have a single win over any currently ranked HW is a legitimate title challenger makes that belt a joke.

Jon was wise to wait until Francis left and he is wise to avoid Aspinall. Both are likely good financial decisions. But both of those decisions drop the legitimacy of Jon's title to zero until he faces Aspinall.
But this narrative that he's refusing is completely made up and you know it. Jones vs Miocic was planned long before Pavlovich vs Aspinall. Do you forget Aspinall got a title shot with a win over Marcin Tybura?

But this narrative that he's refusing is completely made up and you know it. Jones vs Miocic was planned long before Pavlovich vs Aspinall. Do you forget Aspinall got a title shot with a win over Marcin Tybura?
Its not a narrative its a fact.

Jon's entire HW run is entirely based on avoiding the best and most dangerous opponents in favor of matchups likely to yield success and good pay.

Jones was never going to fight Ngannou so he waited until Francis left

and then when he won, he was never going to face a legitimate #1 contender.

Stipe with his last win in 2020 and zero wins over a currently ranked HW was never a legit contender at any point during Jon's HW career.

The only thing that changed is that Jon went from ducking Pavlovich to ducking Aspinall.

There's 2 choices here.

A) See reality for what it is.

B) Accept that corruption and blatant lying is taking place because it results in an outcome that you like.

So you, Jon Jones & Dana White are clearly in group B. That's fine, a lot of the world doesn't have any moral conviction and are willing to lie to themselves, just don't pretend that your big obvious pile of horseshit is the truth and there's no problem.

Its not a narrative its a fact.

Jon's entire HW run is entirely based on avoiding the best and most dangerous opponents in favor of matchups likely to yield success and good pay.

Jones was never going to fight Ngannou so he waited until Francis left

and then when he won, he was never going to face a legitimate #1 contender.

Stipe with his last win in 2020 and zero wins over a currently ranked HW was never a legit contender at any point during Jon's HW career.

The only thing that changed is that Jon went from ducking Pavlovich to ducking Aspinall.

There's 2 choices here.

A) See reality for what it is.

B) Accept that corruption and blatant lying is taking place because it results in an outcome that you like.

So you, Jon Jones & Dana White are clearly in group B. That's fine, a lot of the world doesn't have any moral conviction and are willing to lie to themselves, just don't pretend that your big obvious pile of horseshit is the truth and there's no problem.
You're completely dismissing the fact the Jon ALREADY BEAT the #1 contender, Gane, and he absolutely destroyed him. The fact that you're holding Pavlovich and Aspinall on a pedestal when neither has accomplished Jack shit is laughable.

The UFC doesn't want that
What's the difference? Since Jon's gonna destroy Tom just like he did Cyril, he'll go into the finale with a 2-0 record at HW and pull that much more casual ppv money, it will almost seem legit

hes waiting for pereira miraculously knocking out tom with a lucky punch

jones vs pereira

after jones strangles the 3 division champ

all haters would cry believe me haha
when your resume consist of monsters
HW GOAT and a 3 division world champ

i would really love to see this happening haha
this ^^^

What he is surely saying is that a dominant performance over Stipe would prompt him to fight Tom. It would be a huge HW title unification match by that point, so we will see how the Stipe fight unfolds.
It'll probably come down to if Aspinall agrees to fight him. By the time Jones gets around to fighting the old man, Tom will probably be considered the real HW champ with multiple defenses.

Last edited:
Honestly, I totally agree with Jones and everything he said here. During his run, Stipe was the guy and that's who he wants to fight and beat. There's always going to be a new guy for him to fight and you can't do that forever.

As a fan, I want him to forget about Stipe and fight Apsinall but I get where he's coming from. You gotta call it eventually before you get embarrassed.

So have we confirmed or not if Goat Jones got home safely thru his Uber?

Holy shit Jones is pure jokes. But the truth is beating a geriatric Stipe doesn't do much for his legacy. However beating guys like Aspinall, Almeida, Blaydes and whoever else in their primes will generate more value for his claim as the greatest MMA fighter.

I believe he beats those 3 guys, he'll be clearly the GOAT. This coming from a huge Fedor fan.

Jones was the GOAT in 2012. I know that because I wrote an article saying he was. Would I lie to you?

Seems like he's just saving face but I'd love to be wrong

Finally his manager told him to stop quacking all over the place. He has made this the most obvious duck in history so far.

You have to wonder if the UFC finally woke up and said 'wait, why the fuck are we even waiting 12 years for the Stipe fight when he is just going to retire anyway?'

Soundbites like this ease the pressure from both promotion and public but don't actually change the fact he will never fight Aspinall and has already made that perfectly clear.
how can it be ducking when jones was scheduled to fight stipe and they are simply rescheduling the fight that was booked before Tom became Interim Champ?

Back