News Joshua vs Ngannou Official March 8th Saudi Arabia

Solid card?

• Total voters
Despite his performance against fury, there's no reason for me to believe he can out box Joshua. I'm still rooting for Francis though. Would be insane if he knocks Joshua out and rematches Fury

Two heavy fisted guys, anything can happen. I just don't see it going to a decision.

I tend to think this is going to be the reality check.

Fury came in fat and lazy.

Joshua
A) wouldn't make that mistake, he takes his career seriously and is a more responsible human
B) saw Fury fuck up and will double down on A

Gambling folk, possible opportunity in a skewed line of people betting with their FEELINGS instead of their brains on this one.
Those are my inclinations also, but I will never make the mistake of counting Frank out again. I would not be shocked if he put Joshua on his ass.

I know this is the UFC forum, but if you're like me you don't ever go into the boxing forum. Francis vs Joshua is this Friday in case anyone doesn't know. The event starts at 6pm est.

Also the open workouts are right now btw. I'm extremely excited for this fight. Zhang vs Parker is the co-main and should be really good one as well.

The events actually starts at 11:00 am EST. The main event walk time is roughly 6pm EST.

Those are my inclinations also, but I will never make the mistake of counting Frank out again. I would not be shocked if he put Joshua on his ass.
That punch is always on the table.

I expect this fight to look like AJ vs Andy Ruiz 2. AJ is going to stay outside and get in and out behind the jab.

I also think AJ knows Francis can't box at any sort of pace for 10 rounds. AJ was wisely pushing to have a 12 round fight which Francis declined. That tells me AJ is playing the long game and IF he can safely push a pace and BOX he will likely win on points or maybe late TKO if Francis gasses.

AJ could do all that right and still get caught, but I tend to think he will avoid the big shots pretty well.

The events actually starts at 11:00 am EST. The main event walk time is roughly 6pm EST.
A 7 hour event before the main event even starts? That's also like 3am in Riyadh.

<Moyes5>

It's going to be 7pm EST because of the halftime show.
Don't forget that Boxing events have a lot of fluff & filler.

Set your alarm at 8pm EST, just to be safe.

On this Cameroonian interview at 22mn37, Francis shared that during his Fury camp he had real pain and Big trouble on both shoulders with tear on tendon connecting his biceps, said that he was doing physical therapy After each session and had to wear special sleeves during practice. Said that he got lucky during fight week because less intensity training healed It enough to compète.

Now on this footage training from last week Francis Can be Seen wearing the same sleeves

1709335125-screenshot-20240302-001805-revanced-extended.jpg

I really Hope everythings good

Last edited:
Back