Rewatch Just rewatched Usman vs Chimaev, Scared for Whittaker

motivman

White Belt
@White
Reaction score

I just cannot see Bobby surviving the first round...but if he does...I think he takes it.

If DDP could take him down and keep him down, Chimaev sure will at some point in the fight...

scared for bobby, and I am big whittaker fan...

Last edited:
Come on, even John Phillips survived the first round vs Chimaev lol.

maury-laughing.gif

How does he stop Whittaker tho? Sub him? I have a really hard time seeing Whittaker getting stopped with a sub.

Taking him down and GnPing him to a stoppage? It's extremely rare to see anyone at the highest level take down another world class fighter and GnPing him out

Robert Whittaker will wear down Chimaev and get a late stoppage if he can withstand the early storm. Easier said than done.

Chimaev is very good but his cardio is very suspect. Yes, he went to war with Burns but both 3 round fights he has had, he’s slowed tremendously.

Tbf, Sherdog is full of idiots that said nobody could survive against Yoel, during a period where Yoel went something like 1-5.
Yoel was his own worst enemy. The guy just plodded around and then would throw some flashy stuff every once in a while and expect that to be enough. He gave us some great KO's but jeez he spent too much time in 1st gear.

I think Whitaker takes this. Chimaev will be strong early, but if he can overcome that and settle down, he will win.

He stands no chance... I think he takes it 🤡
Exactly what I was going to say lol wtf is this shit. He has no chance at winning but if he survived the first round I think he will win.......

Yeah, people said the same before Whittaker beat Yoel. Twice.
Yoel is not nearly the aggressive grappler Khamzat is. He has 0 subs, and doesn't really even have especially good ground control, and I really don't think it would be great for Whittaker to go through more wars like that.

Reactions: mkt
Who the fuck said Whittaker stood no chance against Yoel? He was the betting favorite going into both fights.
Plenty on here weren't giving him a shot. You can't remember?

Back