Rewatch Just rewatched Usman vs Chimaev, Scared for Whittaker

So in your well informed opinion Evan Tanner is a great fighter and Jacaré Souza is not?
Why do I even bother.
Jacare is a former champion. I said Yoel is a good fighter which I think is true. He never won a belt in either the UFC or Bellator and plenty of other fighters are like that as well. You want to call Yoel a great fighter, you go ahead, I promise I'm not going to be up in arms like you apparently are.

DDP hit Whittaker with an awkward takedown & caught him off guard, from what I could tell anyways.

I think Whittaker stuffs almost all Khamzat takedowns & gets up easily even if taken down & pieces Khamzat up on the feet.

Yeah, people said the same before Whittaker beat Yoel. Twice.
That was a truly prime Whittaker--not the one who's been through tons of wars and got mauled by DDP, though.

2 great styles, could go either way, both are high level fighters.

DDP hit Whittaker with an awkward takedown & caught him off guard, from what I could tell anyways.

I think Whittaker stuffs almost all Khamzat takedowns & gets up easily even if taken down & pieces Khamzat up on the feet.

Usman is a more accomplished wrestler than Whittaker and no one ever ragdolled him the way Chimaev did. Chimaev also has heavy hands and Rob doesn't have the best chin.

I can see either guy winning but the key will be how well Chimaev's cardio holds up for 5 rounds. If it goes past 3 rounds, I think Rob will likely prevail.

Whittaker starts a little slow, Chimaev is a steam rolling to start with and he will have some reach on him. He will move in fast with a flurry and look to take Whittaker down. Lets hope Whittaker is training scrambles and working to get up off his back as quickly as possible.
' Lets hope '
You said it

Yoel is not nearly as good a fighter as Sherdoggers make him out to be.
Neither is Khazmat.

Yoel would beat Khazmat really easily actually...wouldn't even be close stylistically. I already know some guy is gonna look at their win loss record and totally overlook that Romero fights only killers lol

Usman is a more accomplished wrestler than Whittaker and no one ever ragdolled him the way Chimaev did. Chimaev also has heavy hands and Rob doesn't have the best chin.

I can see either guy winning but the key will be how well Chimaev's cardio holds up for 5 rounds. If it goes past 3 rounds, I think Rob will likely prevail.
He's a more accomplished wrestler in amateur wrestling, but Rob has equal or better MMA Takedown Defense. Usman was also old, on short notice, up a weight class, and has bad knees when he fought Chimaev, Whittaker is in his prime, in his natural weight class, and coming in prepared for Chimaev.
You are right about the chin thing though.

Yeah, people said the same before Whittaker beat Yoel. Twice.
yoel doesnt even use his wrestling and doesnt try to pressure whitaker
ddp and khamzat is different

lol at yoel who basicaly doesnt use wrestling

Usman had the best TDD of all time before this fight. Then he got absolutely mauled in the first round. 10-8

Neither is Khazmat.

Yoel would beat Khazmat really easily actually...wouldn't even be close stylistically. I already know some guy is gonna look at their win loss record and totally overlook that Romero fights only killers lol
Never said Khamzat was though. I think this fight will show us where he's at.

yoel doesnt even use his wrestling and doesnt try to pressure whitaker
ddp and khamzat is different

lol at yoel who basicaly doesnt use wrestling
Yes, had he used more wrestling he might've been champion. That's why I said he's a good fighter, which he is. Not a great one though.
<seedat>

Whittaker by decision I think

<PlusJuan>
Exactly how I see it too.
Same.

I think people forget just how elite Bobby's TDD is, DDP got him but it was an awkward shot and DDP is deceptively strong, more so than Khammy at MW. All Whittaker has to do is survive the first round and he should take the win, Whittaker won't slow down and Chimaev will.

Back