Karate in the Olympics?

what goalposts?

seriously? you just asked when i saw fouls be intentional, as if that's something new. the moment i answered it, you moved the goalposts from that to some banana peel bullshit.

which is hilarious, given that the fight was won via acting, anyway.

no one's arguing that it shouldn't have been a point deduction/etc... but it's silly that someone gets his ass beat for the entire fight, gets fouled, puts on an acting performance, and wins via the acting performance.

seriously? you just asked when i saw fouls be intentional, as if that's something new. the moment i answered it, you moved the goalposts from that to some banana peel bullshit.

which is hilarious, given that the fight was won via acting, anyway.

no one's arguing that it shouldn't have been a point deduction/etc... but it's silly that someone gets his ass beat for the entire fight, gets fouled, puts on an acting performance, and wins via the acting performance.
Nah it's not silly. The dude was warned and did it anyway. Okay. If he got away with it what would've happened? He'd retain his belt.

You and your friends wouldn't care about the foul. Aljo wouldn't get compensated for "being a man". So you'd rather see yan get rewarded for being a scumbag? You really hate sterling that much? Point deduction? Give me a fucking break.

Or are you one of those people who believe that the belt shouldn't change hands in a dq, on some wwe shit?tell me you wouldn't be salty if aljo kicked yan in the dick in the rematch and got to keep his title. You can't. It's a double standard. Yan should not have lost his belt because sterling... Fuck sterling right? That's the thinking behind this sterling hate brigade.

Alijamain_Sterling_at_UFC_228.jpg

Never really was a fan of point karate I was always full contact karate even when I have dabbled in point karate training and sparring. Hitting without actually being allowed to hit always felt weird to me.

But rules are rules. And in sports, rules are to be followed or you get disqualified.
So in point karate you do not hit hard enough to hurt, and you do not hit where the rules says you are not to hit.
This goes double for the first time in the Olympics.
Its not like the concept of disqualification for excessive contact is new to the guys in this competition.

Simple as that. It is not up for discussion.
If you don't like point karate rules there are plenty of other rules to fight under. Karate and otherwise.

If you don't like point karate rules there are plenty of other rules to fight under. Karate and otherwise.

Gladly this was a one time thing so it doesnt really matter anymore. Karate wont be part of the next Olympics thank god.

Karate is going to become the new soccer

No offense to my euro brothers but you have to admit there is some serious over acting that goes on

Never really was a fan of point karate I was always full contact karate even when I have dabbled in point karate training and sparring. Hitting without actually being allowed to hit always felt weird to me.

But rules are rules. And in sports, rules are to be followed or you get disqualified.
So in point karate you do not hit hard enough to hurt, and you do not hit where the rules says you are not to hit.
This goes double for the first time in the Olympics.
Its not like the concept of disqualification for excessive contact is new to the guys in this competition.

Simple as that. It is not up for discussion.
It is impossible to not hit hard when the opponent dives into your strike. The kick was with the front leg, not a power blow.

The art of hit and not get hit is useless? Solid take.

Well what good is there if you just touch your man? Of course you can evade the attacks until a real man breaks the fight for you.
(The last part is not serious)

This is why point fighting in TMA hurts the development of fighters. Great for control but It’s no good for actual full contact fighting.

Coming from 20+ years in traditional martial arts.

Same here. It took me months of Muay Thai training to get use to not pulling my strikes.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title was Aljamain Sterling and I am certain I am not the only one.
I know but I don't understand why, there is not similarities, just that a guy got the belt for a DQ, besides that nothing else.

He was pretty bummed out himself. I’m pretty sure I read he apologized and didn’t even want to accept the medal on the podium.
I can imagine.. I certainly wouldn’t brag about that medal.. It’s almost better to get the silver and be proud that you made it that far.

Back