Kareem Abdul jabbar is overrated

Midget Boxer

Thank you Fedor. HW GOAT forever
Banned
Reaction score
-dominated an easy era of basketball (the 70s)
-had two of the greatest point guards of all time in magic and Oscar. Was a loser without then
-got outplayed by Willis Reed

He's not the goat center like everyone thinks he is

If I was to put together a team from players (prime) of any era; my post would be Shaq hands down. Never seen a big man change the game like he did. Most dominant physical force in the history of basketball.

If I was to put together a team from players (prime) of any era; my post would be Shaq hands down. Never seen a big man change the game like he did. Most dominant physical force in the history of basketball.
If you need a Center for a single series a prime healthy Shaq is an excellent choice. If you're looking for a player to have their career though Shaq missed a hell of a lot of games. For a comparison Kareem played over 350 more.

-had two of the greatest point guards of all time in magic and Oscar. Was a loser without then

Have you watched any of his games? Just curious what you are basing your opinion on.

For example Kareem was a 6 time MVP while Reed had 1. Kareem was all NBA 15 time and Reed made it 5 times. Kareem was an 11 time all defensive team to Reed's 1. No one thinks Reed was anything close to Kareem.

15 time all NBA.

Shaq with Kareem's work ethic (or Kobe's work ethic, Jordan's work ethic) would have been GOAT. Jordan is GOAT because of the rare mix of talent and work ethic and mental toughness. LeBron James might surpass him statistically to a large point because he joined the league right out of high school and has played for so long already and who knows when he's going to retire. He wants to play at least one year with his oldest son. Who knows, he might wait for his other son (who's fucking HUGE for his age and appears to be skilled) as well...

I'd pick Hakeem over Shaq or KAJ personally.

Hakeem is the most technical C the league has ever seen.

Okay I always liked Hakeem and watched him play in college. That Houston team he was on was one of the most exciting college teams I have ever seen. He was also a great pro. But even at the hight of his career I don't recall anyone suggesting he was better than Kareem. Never even a whisper of that.

On the other hand, of the three you mention Hakeem may be the best suited to play under the modern rules. Kareem and Shaq couldn't guard anyone on the outside which is pretty important in todays game.

Just my two cents.

Kareem full mounts Shaq in every statistical category and was 72% from the line.

https://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/kareem_abdul_jabbar_vs_shaquille_oneal.htm

TS is obviously a Celtics fa...n.
Kareem full mounts Shaq in every statistical category and was 72% from the line.

https://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/kareem_abdul_jabbar_vs_shaquille_oneal.htm

TS is obviously a Celtics fa...n.
Lol at this. Comparing the most basic statistics ignoring pace. Kareem played in the highest paced era in history and shaq played in the slowest paced era. Pace is the reason we don't consider wilt as good as Jordan.

6 NBA Championship titles (10 Finals appearances)
6 NBA MVPs
11 ALL NBA Defense (DPOY didn't appear until 82-83)
All Time NBA scoring leader,

How many titles did Magic and Big O win without Kareem? 0.0

Kareem is overrated how?

Willis Reed did play well against Kareem, but Willis Reed was the NBA MVP in 1970. So 2nd year Kareem got outplayed by the NBA MVP his second year in. Knicks were a much better team than the Bucs.

The next year, they got Big O and won a championship.

Kareem is overrated how?

6 NBA Championship titles (10 Finals appearances)
6 NBA MVPs
11 ALL NBA Defense (DPOY didn't appear until 82-83)
All Time NBA scoring leader,

How many titles did Magic and Big O win without Kareem? 0.0

Kareem is overrated how?

Willis Reed did play well against Kareem, but Willis Reed was the NBA MVP in 1970. So 2nd year Kareem got outplayed by the NBA MVP his second year in. Knicks were a much better team than the Bucs.

The next year, they got Big O and won a championship.

Kareem is overrated how?

The 70s were the weakest decade of basketball. Kareem dominated that era

He also had two goat PGs help him feed the ball. He also didn't win any scoring titles without Oscar

Kareem was so soft and played in the weakest era ever. Just look at what this does to him. Then he comes back with some pillow fists. Lmao.

Lebron woulda been hospitalized and out for half of the season if he had taken that shot…. Lebron is a pillow of a human being. Lol

Back