Kentucky Derby...and Beyond?

Playing the #1 Cleanup Hitter 10/1 (22.6% = 7/2 fair odds) in race 7 at Northlands while waiting for the Travers.

Playing the #1 Cleanup Hitter 10/1 (22.6% = 7/2 fair odds) in race 7 at Northlands while waiting for the Travers.

I'm across the board with this one as it is a 12 horse field.

You got it shark! Loooool! He transitioned like a stud. And 2:01! Wow. Mendy. Put on a HECK of a race too.

Chad got foookin' SMOKED today! Monomoy Girl would have got crushed by these boys. At least we know where the chips lie. Where did Good Mag finish?

You got it shark! Loooool! He transitioned like a stud. And 2:01! Wow. Mendy. Put on a HECK of a race too.

Mendelssohn did run a good race too. The track has been carrying speed the last couple of days, but he was still the inside horse up front and ran very gamely to the line. Bravazo clunked up to get 3rd, but the top two were really the only ones who did much running today.

Great call on Catholic Boy @t6p. Not sure you got back in time to play him, but I hope you did and salvaged something on the race with that good opinion of yours.

Chad got foookin' SMOKED today! Monomoy Girl would have got crushed by these boys. At least we know where the chips lie. Where did Good Mag finish?

Good Magic was 2nd to last only ahead of Wonder Gadot crossing the line.

Great call on Catholic Boy @t6p. Not sure you got back in time to play him, but I hope you did and salvaged something on the race with that good opinion of yours.

Nooo. For some reason I thought the race was later than I actually was. I just got back to the house and turned on the TV to find out I missed it. And I didn’t get to put in my W/P/S bet on Catholic Boy. Haha, I’m an idiot.

Nooo. For some reason I thought the race was later than I actually was. I just got back to the house and turned on the TV to find out I missed it. And I didn’t get to put in my W/P/S bet on Catholic Boy. Haha, I’m an idiot.

That sucks, T. You should have got something out of the race at least.

Good Magic was 2nd to last only ahead of Wonder Gadot crossing the line.
You know where Gronk finished? D Wayne, at his old age, is a very solid trainer. He rarely gets blown out. I was very impressed by Catholic Boy - and we were right, Wonder Woman was being over bet. The boys are just on a different level. I bet her connections wish that they stayed in Canada for the Canuck Triple Crown against bums

You know where Gronk finished? D Wayne, at his old age, is a very solid trainer. He rarely gets blown out. I was very impressed by Catholic Boy - and we were right, Wonder Woman was being over bet. The boys are just on a different level. I bet her connections wish that they stayed in Canada for the Canuck Triple Crown against bums

I think Gronkowski was one spot ahead of Good Magic in 8th.

He was also way, way more overbet than Wonder Gadot was. Gronkowski left the gates at a pretty ridiculous 3/1, whereas the filly was 11/1.

Horses who were able to "suck up" for 2nd in a a triple crown race since 2010 and then how they did in the big 3 year-old races afterwards;

2010 Ice Box - suck up 2nd in Derby, 8th in Belmont, 6th in Haskell, 8th in Travers
2013 Golden Soul - suck up 2nd in Derby, 9th in Belmont, 7th in Haskell, 8th in Travers
2014 Commanding Curve - suck up 2nd in Derby, 9th in Belmont, 9th in Travers
2015 Tale of Verve - suck up 2nd in Preakness, 7th in Belmont, 8th in Travers
2016 Cherry Wine - suck up 2nd in Preakness, 7th in Belmont
2017 Lookin At Lee - suck up 2nd in Derby, 4th in Preakness, 7th in Belmont, 10th in Travers

In total this group was 0-0-1 in a combined 40 graded stakes races after getting that suck up 2nd in a triple crown race.

and now we have...

2018 Gronkowski - suck up 2nd in Belmont, 8th in Travers

And yes, I know I'm still an asshole.

Just got another 3rd with a longer priced LET horse at Charles Town. Unfortunately with the big favourite winning (with 50% of the show pool on him) I could only manage to break even.

Race 6 at Emerald Downs - #5 Fats Dominus 12/1 (16.6% = 5/1 fair odds)(NPT, E2, HLS)

I have this guy ranked 3rd overall, but I really need him to get the early lead before they hit the backstretch. If he does I'll have a good shot. If he doesn't then I'm screwed. There's other early speed types in this race so I'm not so sure he will get it. He's worth the risk, though, as I should get his morning line odds based on the will pays.

Shit, a photo. I get paid something this race at least. But I want the win.

Ah shit. I think the other horse got it by a couple of inches.

Lost the photo, but got paid okay for it with it being 7/2 to place and 2/1 to show.

Back