Kentucky Derby...and Beyond?

Shit, that was on the dirt. Not the turf. My bad. Jazzy Times led the whole way through a 44.5 second half but just got nipped at the wire to finish 2nd. The horse who ran 2nd the whole way ended up finishing 3rd.

The winner was able to rally from 5th or 6th through much of the race, but the early speed is most certainly holding very well on the dirt after the first three dirt races.

Alright, I spent a little extra time on these races, and I think I'm about ready for tomorrow's BC races;

Distaff - 2u on Songbird to win
Dirt Mile - 1u on Dortmund over Tamarkuz exacta (plus small Gun Runner over Tom's Ready exacta just for shits and giggles)
Juvenile Turf - 1u on Oscar Performance to win
Juvenile Fillies Turf - 1u on Hydrangea (tailing Hodge mostly, but I like this one too)

Ready to go. Let's cash some tickets gentlemen.

Beautiful.

Nothing wrong with 6/1 to start the day.

Well done guys with Oscar Performance, was that a wire to wire win? Lancaster Bomber a few lengths back in 2nd, ran on well after getting behind and being pushed along a fair way out.

Well done guys with Oscar Performance, was that a wire to wire win? Lancaster Bomber a few lengths back in 2nd, ran on well after getting behind and after being pushed along a fair way out.

He stalked just outside the leader in 2nd the whole way, Hodge. Good call with the #1 as well. Hope you got a little something out of that.

We would have been on a very juicy exacta there if only we combined the picks.

Well that sucks. I talked myself out of playing Tamarkuz to place and he ends up winning.

@Hodge23

You got something out of that with Tamarkuz didn't you? I can't find the post right now, but I thought I remember you spreading with him a little. Nice job if so.

finalising my bets for tomorrow in the big four races, going with
good samaritan
tamarkuz
roly poly
stellar wind (cant back songbird at them odds)

Nice job, my man.

Ouch had that one down as a Banker, just shows there is no such thing !
Well done to @gcoogan1 though, tidy win there !

@Hodge23

You got something out of that with Tamarkuz didn't you? I can't find the post right now, but I thought I remember you spreading with him a little. Nice job if so.

Nope, just Dortmund straight for 5U unfortunately haha

Looking back at some tape of Hydrangea, she has been the front runner the past couple of times so I'm hoping she can exploit the pace bias in this Juv Fillies Turf. Also Ive read a couple of tips from usually good sources for the french filly Cavale Doree in the race, adding a little 0.5U E/W - hopefully can get a good price on the US Tote. Lets go !

Oh wow just seen Intricately is 11/1 in the US, eugh i don't want 3 in the race but damn, thats a great price. She was 5/1 earlier in the week over here

Oh wow just seen Intricately is 11/1 in the US, eugh i don't want 3 in the race but damn, thats a great price. She was 5/1 earlier in the week over here

11/1, 17/1, and 6/1. You can definitely afford to spread this race at those prices and hope one of the two bigger prices win. Good luck, bud.

Tough loss with Dortmund but see we hit Oscar Performance. Let's go Hydrangea next!

The #2 Lull caught my eye in the post parade. Had some spring in her. Wouldn't be surprised if she ran a big one.

The #2 Lull caught my eye in the post parade. Had some spring in her. Wouldn't be surprised if she ran a big one.

got some extra money so hit her for a small flier to show on top of Hydrangea win.

got some extra money so hit her for a small flier to show on top of Hydrangea win.

I would if I could. Should be sitting up close and did have a bit of that coiled up look to her when she crossed the screen.

Back