Keyboard Jockey Attempts Two AR-15 Builds

Yes,

https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/OCKS_p_149.html

I've been using some forward controls lower and upper components for my last couple builds.

Personally I wouldn't swap anything I have with them but I do see it as an extra step of fail proofing. But proper staking has lasted 10's of thousands of rounds on bcgs. Forward controls basically over builds everything. Sionics makes high quality stuff if you were interested in buying it.

My Radian BCG was causing my mini recce not to run right, I swapped it for a forward control designs BCG and it runs flawlessly now. The ocks look nice and with Sionics staking they will never come loose. I think going forward sionics or FCD will be the only BCGs I run.

I think I'm going to rebarrel my 10.5 as a 13.9 with a FSP. This will involve chopping my Geissele MK8 a bit.

My Radian BCG was causing my mini recce not to run right, I swapped it for a forward control designs BCG and it runs flawlessly now. The ocks look nice and with Sionics staking they will never come loose. I think going forward sionics or FCD will be the only BCGs I run.

I think I'm going to rebarrel my 10.5 as a 13.9 with a FSP. This will involve chopping my Geissele MK8 a bit.

Strange, I have 4 of them and haven't had any issues. I saw them on sale for $99 so I bought 4. What was it doing?

Sionics and FCD make high quality stuff for sure.

Any reason for the swap?

Sionics BCG is only $125 on PA. Can’t beat that since a BCM is $190 now.

Strange, I have 4 of them and haven't had any issues. I saw them on sale for $99 so I bought 4. What was it doing?

Sionics and FCD make high quality stuff for sure.

Any reason for the swap?
I have one Radian bcg and it's in one of my sbr's...the only thing I noticed was that particular set up needed an H buffer to run perfectly. Most of my sbr's are running an H2 and one an H3. Could be a coincidental thing. I have numerous parts laying around. Swapped the buffer and its never had another issue.

I use bcm gunfighter and Radian raptor lt...never tried the strike industries one.
How is the BCM compared to the $80 Raptor? Is yours mod 3 or 4?

I have one Radian bcg and it's in one of my sbr's...the only thing I noticed was that particular set up needed an H buffer to run perfectly. Most of my sbr's are running an H2 and one an H3. Could be a coincidental thing. I have numerous parts laying around. Swapped the buffer and its never had another issue.

Probably heavier than standard bcg or something.

In my 10.5 on suppressed setting it's perfect with my A5 h2 buffer. I actually didn't try it without a can yet.

Probably heavier than standard bcg or something.

In my 10.5 on suppressed setting it's perfect with my A5 h2 buffer. I actually didn't try it without a can yet.
That was my thought...but also why I've kept all the spare buffers over the years.

That was my thought...but also why I've kept all the spare buffers over the years.

I'm wondering if it vents excess gas better as well.

Also it could just be the gas port size. Some manufacturers do it correctly and others open it up to "ensure" reliability by over gassing it.

I'm wondering if it vents excess gas better as well.

Also it could just be the gas port size. Some manufacturers do it correctly and others open it up to "ensure" reliability by over gassing it.
I know man. I've thought about it 100 times....but when I dropped the lighter buffer in and it worked I was kinda like.....fk it. It runs like a champ now.
I have 2 identical uppers....but they have different bcg in them and they require different set ups to run smoothly.

What would y’all say is the best buffer for 16” with a mid gas system? I’m guessing H2.
I wanna try out the Sprinco blue spring too.

What would y’all say is the best buffer for 16” with a mid gas system? I’m guessing H2.
I have 2 16" mids...both are running H buffers and standard springs. They run like champs and I've never tried anything else in them.
I have one 11.5" sbr that I put a blue sprinco/H3 combo in it. That fkr pissed me off but is running great now.

It really depends on the barrel manufacturer. Port size, ammo, etc determines this if you don't have adjustable gas. Blue or white spring with H2 or H would probably be good. But it's going to depend on the barrels gas port, what pressure ammo you are running .223 vs 5.56 and the bcg. Basically I look for 3:30-4 o'clock consistent ejection with lrbh.

VLTOR A5 is awesome. You can use a green spring if you want a sprinco and standard A5H0 or A5H1 buffer. Primary arms had a bcm A5 set up for like $70 a little while ago.

Too complicated for me. :oops:
I think my 6920 that I bought in 2010 has an H1 buffer. It's about 3.5 ounces and the carbine buffer in the PSA lower I got is less than 3.

Back